Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions

nikko91nikko91 Member Posts: 19

I recently quit WoW cause the the BC and im looking for a new mmo to play.

I was basically just wondering if this game is worth buying? I was also wondering if you can get prepaid game cards like in WoW or do you have to subscribe to the game with a credit card.

Comments

• DanyBoy2005DanyBoy2005 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    Nah it't not worth it. Try something new like Vanguard. Or try the private servers for lineage. They aren't as good as the p2p servers but its decent for a free game.
  • nikko91nikko91 Member Posts: 19
    OK thanks ill have a look into vangaurd
  • YodaGreenYodaGreen Member UncommonPosts: 77

Originally posted by nikko91

I was basically just wondering if this game is worth buying? I was also wondering if you can get prepaid game cards like in WoW or do you have to subscribe to the game with a credit card.

Hi, if you go to the www.lineage2.com you will see they have trials offers so you can try out lineage2 for a week, dont lisen to people who just say lineage2 is crap try it out for you self.

• DanyBoy2005DanyBoy2005 Member UncommonPosts: 174
    I wasn't excatly saying Lineage was crap. I was just stating that getting into that game isn't the best move at this time. There are many fresh mmos out there coming into the market and Lineage is quite an old one. Trying something new like Vanguard could be a better move. And since hes from WoW i'm sure hes going to like it. If I  had known there was a free trial I would've suggested it too
  • RenithRenith Member Posts: 145
    Originally posted by nikko91

Yeah it's worth buying if you ignore bots and non english players. And yes, you can buy prepaid game cards like in WoW, just there not to be bought in many shops. Afford them on internet shops ;)

So there are prepaid gamecards but there just hard to come by?

I'm under 18 and don't have a credit card and have relied on gamecards in the past. Would i be able to do this for L2?

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    Yes. Your local store might not carry L2 time cards, but they will carry City of Hero/Villain cards which will work since they're all made by NCSoft. I've used CoH cards to pay for my L2 subscription so I know it works by first hand experience.
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by DanyBoy2005

I wasn't excatly saying Lineage was crap. I was just stating that getting into that game isn't the best move at this time. There are many fresh mmos out there coming into the market and Lineage is quite an old one. Trying something new like Vanguard could be a better move. And since hes from WoW i'm sure hes going to like it. If I  had known there was a free trial I would've suggested it too
    Just to let you know I have been in several Betas for the games to be released in the next 6 month(I can't say which ones due to the NDAs which I won't break on principle.). Most are just the same ol' crap the industry has been spoon feeding us for the last 2 years just repackaged in a fancy new box. Most i felt just like I was playing WoW with different graphics and the others are just plain crap. I would highly suggest L2 as none of these games even comes close to L2 or WoW for quality of content and game play. The only thing I should warn you about is this game is a lot more PvP based then WoW which makes it more difficult at times. Also the grind which has improved a lot since Open Beta is still a lot more challenging than WoW. If your looking for something to replace WoW then give L2 a go. If your looking for something like WoW then L2 may not be for you. Yes and prepaid cards from any NCSoft NA game will work on L2.

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

Ok thanks for the help,

I'm not really looking for something identicle to wow because im bored of its gamestyle so something a bit different is good.

I had a look into the NCSoft prepade time cards and they do seel them at most stores.

Thanks again for the help