Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS anyone going to play it?????

j7007j7007 Member Posts: 57
It looks like a very promising game but i don't see many people being very interested in it. It's release is quite soon and it seems like the devs will release it on the date they planned. If you have any remarks about this game (beta and so on) just post it, actually i am quite interested in it but a bi scared that i can appear alone in the world image

I've been to many places, i've seen so many faces...

Comments

• DarK-ElfDarK-Elf Member Posts: 5

Well , this game rullz , I mean , it has new systems and stuff implemented , can u tell me another game that has bloodlines ??? Like , u r able to get married , but not only that . They have that skill thingie , it's not level based , that is cooler and although it didn't make that kinda` publicity as other games (WoW , EQ , etc.) it will be at least like those if not better ::::28:: ::::32::
    ::::15:: - Other MMO's |||| Mourning - ::::24::

• ResurResur Member Posts: 2

We have a group ready to go when it is released.   Unless we can get in the beta.  I am looking forward to it, this game has a lot more promise than any others around the corner.

Resur

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437
    Well I applied for the beta, but 'features' like perma death completely put me off. Whereas games like WoW give you multiple choices upon death, and DnL puts you in npc mode if you go link dead so you continue to fight, mourning is putting in perma death. There is no worse way of getting people to NOT play your game.
  • worisworis Member Posts: 86
    You are wrong. This game is more about roleplaying. If you dont like it, fine. But its definitely not "worse way of getting people to NOT play your game"

---------------
    MMORPG genre=trend=lots of subscriptions/bad games

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437
    Well I started a poll to see what people think in general about perma death on the general discussion forum.

Played: AC1, DAoC, E&B, SWG
    Tested: AC1, AC2, DAoC, Eve, Planetside, Rubies, Lineage 2

• colombdawgcolombdawg Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Perma Death = Horrible Idea = Horrible Game = Horrible Game Programmers and Developers
  • MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

I definately will be involved with this game.

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• CeronimCeronim Member Posts: 12

I'll play it, but on German-Server :)

It's a PvP-Game with a lot of RP in it. (the Combat system is very nice!)

Permadeath is a nice idea, you can create your own Bloodline and your children will learn your 2 primary skills faster then others do. Your Char will be PvP-able after 50h of playing, so dont worry about Perma-Death!

Admin of the german Mourning-Fansite
    Mourning-World

• MorosMoros Member Posts: 24

the game is really coming around.  it'll be interesting to see what it is like at launch.  I will be there.

and, for your pessimists, you even got the head MMORPG guy supporting this :P

Geras

Geras

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35
    Im definatley going to play it , but unfortunatley not many people seem interested.

• RagalornRagalorn Member Posts: 75

I just signed up for the beta as well, I think the ideas are fresh and new. Much better than the same ol same ol mold that everyone copies due to the massive success of EQ.

I stopped played AC2 when they just became EQ with better graphics.

I truly believe in order to make it you have to make your own mark, not just copy someone else, why would I want to play another EQ when I can always go back to EQ if I want???

Give it a chance, I sure will.

• CeronimCeronim Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by Energize
    Im definatley going to play it , but unfortunatley not many people seem interested.

Nope :) in germany we have over 15.000 Beta Sign-Ups

in US i think also 15.000 ... :) But the community is waiting for a long time and they read & write about it in the official boards not here!

Member of the german Mourning-Fansite
    Mourning-World

Admin of the german Mourning-Fansite
    Mourning-World

• MesifiirMesifiir Member Posts: 5

The game sounds good enough to play... for now, but then again Star Wars Galaxies sounded awesome (to me at least) before its completion, and as soon as I picked the game up I discovered how truly bored the Sims Online players must feel, since the people that called that boring called SWG fun. As long as Mourning manages to keep its players awake at the computer, I'd say you'll find quite a few people to adventure with. f

• MorosMoros Member Posts: 24

Originally posted by Mesifiir

The game sounds good enough to play... for now, but then again Star Wars Galaxies sounded awesome (to me at least) before its completion, and as soon as I picked the game up I discovered how truly bored the Sims Online players must feel, since the people that called that boring called SWG fun. As long as Mourning manages to keep its players awake at the computer, I'd say you'll find quite a few people to adventure with. f

As unrealistic as this is, you can't judge a MMORPG by its initial launch.  Wait a quarter and see how the game is then.  Likewise, SWG wasn't great at launch, but with time they added mounts, vehicles, player cities and such and it became a heck of a lot better.  Now, with the space expansion coming out, I can only imagine what it will be like (i'm gonna pick it back up after 6 months dormant).  Likewise, Mourning has the potential to be really good.  If the devs get everything in on the feature list that they've realistically promised for launch, it'll be an awesome game!

G

Geras

Geras

• waterelfwaterelf Member Posts: 9
    Probably play in beta Like many people & besides helping them fix the bugs also see how the game is like.

• KresskeKresske Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Annex1
    Well I applied for the beta, but 'features' like perma death completely put me off. Whereas games like WoW give you multiple choices upon death, and DnL puts you in npc mode if you go link dead so you continue to fight, mourning is putting in perma death. There is no worse way of getting people to NOT play your game.

Perma-death ONLY happens after 500 hours of playing time. You will NOT go perma-dead when you're killed in normal PvP or PvE (however there are rare, special occasions where you can go perma-dead by other than of old age). You die, you respawn; just like any other MMO. Anyway, when you die you can take control of your kid, which you can get through a divine gift, adoption, or the classic M+F.

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

This game sounds promising. Some new and nice ideas and features. Its very hard to make a good MMORPG especialy for a small company with limited resources. I hope they can do it and I would love to give it a try. I Hope I'll get accepted as a beta tester.

• 24vvr624vvr6 Member Posts: 3

I already pre-ordered this game, as it has some of the most innovative ideas in a game of this type. And Perma Death isn't what most people think, it only happens from old age and VERY rare actions, and you get to continue playing with your offspring, which is VERY cool if you think about it, as there is no effective "End Game" where you sit at max level with nothing to do... you can build your bloodline for generations...

Regards,
    Templar

• TintagilTintagil Member UncommonPosts: 214
    people jump to, to many conclusions when they here perma death.  The bloodline system is quite innovative if you read about it.  Personally i'm excited about the game and the fact that the devs are encouraging RPing is always a plus.  Lets hope for success image

• MakaneMakane Member Posts: 232

Definitely! image

I love the concepts they came up with. Can't wait...

• xDraakanxxDraakanx Member Posts: 24

I watched the game mourning for a long time. They have realy good and first of all, some new ideas. The bloodline, permadeath system was discussed here, but the master, apprentice system is also a great new invention. The master have to decide carefully, who becomes his apprentice. Because the behaviour of the apprentice will fall back to the master. He will loose fame points.

All the new inventions will achieve that you want to play the game vene in a few years, and not like in other mmorpgs, wich become boring after a certain time.

thre can save a secret as far two of them are dead

-= Benjamin Franklin =-

Three can hide a secret as long two of them are dead.

-= Benjamin Franklin =-

Channel Manager www.gamesdynamite.de

• EratimusEratimus Member Posts: 5

I plan on playing it. The Fist has started its lore research into the game.

Eratimus Swiftarrow
    Warder of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

Eratimus Swiftarrow
    Warder of the 1st Fist of Light
    www.1stfistoflight.com

• VeviVevi Member Posts: 146

I might check it out!

I am gonna check out EQ2 and maybe Dark and Light.

Right now having fun in CoH.

Might try SWG again and fly about.image

• EnergizeEnergize Member Posts: 35
    Ive pre ordered the game.

• AngronAngron Member Posts: 8
    i will be playing it,   it`s one of the best mmorpg games to be launched  ever...