Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Persistant Worlds....Gone!:(

StaircaseStaircase Member Posts: 29

Announcement

January 2007

You will have noticed on the front of the 9Dragons log-in screen that The Persistent Worlds Company Ltd has ceased to trade.  This is extremely disappointing given the obvious support the game has.  However a lack of future funding has meant that the company has to stop operating. In due course the servers will be shut down and the forums withdrawn.

We would like to say that you have been a great community and it has been our honour to serve you. We wish you good luck in your gaming future and hope that you find a game where you can all be re-united.

pwc logo

With great regret,

The Persistent Worlds Team

This was the better 9 dragons as stated in most of the forums...such a pity that they've gone:( completly out of the blue too.

I hope now acclaim can understand why PW had more players than them; just a pity that they went under through lack of funding.

Comments

• SimplyMichaeSimplyMichae Member Posts: 86

Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise.

Had just started playing around with my Sacred Flower healer when the plug was pulled.

See ya on the Acclaim servers, I suppose.

~ Michael

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    yeah, went down today to my suprise...
  • GnazonGnazon Member Posts: 442
    That is a bloody shame, I really loved that game (gave up WoW for it) and was looking forward to playing it once it came out of the beta, no matter the cost. The good die young, I guess...

RIP

• KongoILKongoIL Member Posts: 25
    Was great, gone fast :(
    Originally posted by SimplyMichae

Had just started playing around with my Sacred Flower healer when the plug was pulled.
    Just noticed your post... Acclaim servers? Is there something I am missing? This is not the end of 9D (as far as I understood was that PW was the developer and the game still isn't finished)?

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Gnazon

Just noticed your post... Acclaim servers? Is there something I am missing? This is not the end of 9D (as far as I understood was that PW was the developer and the game still isn't finished)?

Go here: http://phpbb.acclaim.com/9dragons/viewtopic.php?t=10444

Download the client, make a new account, and start on the acclaim server.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Gnazon
    Originally posted by SimplyMichae Yeah, that was a bit of a surprise.

http://9dragons.acclaim.com/index.htm . Same game just licensed/published by another company.
  • croniccronic Member Posts: 1
    how can u say pw was the better 9dragons i played both and acclaims is better ur keeped up to date more on annocments theres acctaule mods on the forum that helps not just the 1 PW had coverin 2 games well hope to see u guys on acclaim
  • LaneaLanea Member Posts: 1
    okokok... u may have just gave me hope... do u know if aclaim also did carpe diem too, it was the other game persistent worlds took under with it... i am sad and missing it already...

Acclaim's website is certainly a lot flashier.

Makes sense I suppose, I doubt Acclaim will be going out of business any time soon.

Anyway, yeah, they're in "Pre-Open Beta". I'm not sure what the distinction is for them, but either way, you get to play.

And as to Carpe Diem, that was a PW exclusive, so no luck there.

~ Michael

Oh, this is sweet (that the game didn't die). Thanks for the links guys!

PS. Lets hope that Acclaim does a good job at finishing this.

• JacxxJacxx Member Posts: 9
    Oh man.  I'm VERY happy Acclaim has servers.  I was SO sad because I thought 9D was gone forever...  That would've been a major bummer.  I was starting to enjoy that more than Guild Wars...

EDIT:  Carpe Diem looked really cool, I probably would've started playing that...  Man...

Really, it was kind of strange that there were two corporations taking on the same project.

Well, it was strange for PW anyway. They were clearly a small company, and decided to butt heads with Acclaim? Acclaim may be new to the MMO publishing scene, and not quite the gaming giant they once were, but they've still got brand-name money behind them. The PW serves were fighting an uphill battle to begin with.

I probably would have started on the Acclaim servers if I hadn't gotten the 9dragons beta key from this site, before I read up on the whole PW/Acclaim dynamic.

Wouldn't have guessed that it would all go down like this though.

~ Michael

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188
    oh the joys of the american servers... hopefully enough people will merge from the euro server.  then it wont be so horrible.
  • miles12591miles12591 Member Posts: 1
    Hopefully they wont add MK stuff lol. your enemy has 1 hp left.

FINISH HIM!!!
  • psoallstarpsoallstar Member Posts: 1
    So wait let me get this clear.I have no idea what server ive been playing in so but i think it was most likely the pw one. So if i download the acclaim client i still can use my account i used on the pw version? will my characters still be there?
  • xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

Acclaim's website is certainly a lot flashier...

yeh PWs looked like it was the home of a manufacturer of plastic widgets

PW were flogging a dead horse trying to make a p2p game which clearly wasn't gunna fly with the competition making it f2p - and carpe diem was already dying (there is no way the market will support a crappy grindfest conversion with subscriptions) and the best thing for them to do is fold and learn from the mistakes

i.e. sell the rights (and all their work) to another company (re-brand themselves) and use advertising and a cash shop to pay for it a la Acclaim

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384
    Originally posted by psoallstar

So wait let me get this clear.I have no idea what server ive been playing in so but i think it was most likely the pw one. So if i download the acclaim client i still can use my account i used on the pw version? will my characters still be there?
    dont be dense

• TimeViewerTimeViewer Member Posts: 270

Oh well, once again a company wants to disappear without a word, As to Acclaim they put that stinking GameGuard on it so I wont touch the game now, it's just going to be a total hack fest and a bunch of idiots with stolen accounts now, seen it everytime that "anti hack" trash software has been used so I wont play any game that uses it, the only thing it really prevents is honest players from being able to tab.

bye

µV

• AzorithAzorith Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Well, it was nice researching with ya time.  See you around.
  • nitebladeniteblade Member Posts: 44
    Sorry, you've had such a bad time with game guard. So far there hasn't been any problems with this game.  Only thing I've heard of is gold duping which Acclaim has been right on top of and banned those folks.  Hate to see ya go bro hopefully you'll gave Acclaim a chance.  I've definitely seen and know what ya talking about with hacks/cheats among others coming from SRO.
  • PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650
    yeah I discovered that Acclaim had servers the hard way.

I was on persistant world... The people on ventrilo were looking for me everywhere and we could never see each other but we both had the same game. The first clue was when I noticed my client was Beta C and acclaim client was beta D...

it's a dodgy deal...

• PyroPuGPyroPuG Member Posts: 5
    I'm very sad and upset that PW is gone. I spent so much time building up my character on their server. I wish I started on the acclaim server instead... oh well.
    I bet that all of us that begun on PW server share that sentiment.

• PyroPuGPyroPuG Member Posts: 5
    Oh well... It was fun playing on the PW servers. People were actually very nice and liked to help out all the people starting out. I miss my hero band members. Hopefully they also moved over to the Acclaim server. *sigh* [V] dragons....