Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this game is pissing me off.

dragonlord27dragonlord27 Member Posts: 24

everytime i go pvping someone leaves right at the start or half way.

i go to heroes ascent and keep saying ranger lfg. after 1 hour still nothing happens and i dont spam.

i eventually join a group who needs a monk. we travel from district to district requesting for a monk. that took like 30 minuntes and we still didnt find one and then every on in the party just leaves. that fully pissed me off wasted 90 mintues .

i hate pvping in random areanas the most. i click  enter battle then someone quit right before 20 seconds even finishes.

and the pve omfg. i go to bloody FoW and takes me like 1hour to form a group and people join ur party and gets pissed off by some other member and leaves so i keep going from 7/8 to 6/8 to 4/8 then back to 7/8 and after 1 more person joins everyone says there rdy.i pay the 1 platinum to balthazar and we go. then 1 person quits at the start. omfg then more ppl quit and then we end up all quiting.

i hate getting a farming group . people come and leave.

(im not a noob ive been playing the game for over 2 years and i dont swear at players) its just that after i wasted so much time and effort getting people to join my group they leave. i hate that.

got any suggestions anyone?

Comments

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    lol...I think I know what your problem with Hero's Ascent is. Saying 'Ranger LFP' is not near specific enough. Hero's Ascent has groups running specific builds...meaning you need to advertise which build you are.

FoW I never have trouble finding a party. It may just be that your profession isn't seen as a good farming profession.

As for random arenas, that's something that's bound to happen, as it's random people you're partying with.

The monk situation is a tough one...but why don't you try playing a monk to help others? If you don't like monk, many other people probably don't like it either, which is why you find there's a shortage of them
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

Originally posted by dragonlord27
    everytime i go pvping someone leaves right at the start or half way.
    People leave in Random Arena when they get no monks, because they think (erroneously) not having one is guaranteed loss and they suck too much to even bother trying. Plus it's RA, which is not organized PvP, so you can't expect people to behave the way you want.

i go to heroes ascent and keep saying ranger lfg. after 1 hour still nothing happens and i dont spam.
    Ranger LFG means nothing... also, HA is elitist so without a rank you'll either get sucky groups or will have to rely on friends.

i eventually join a group who needs a monk. we travel from district to district requesting for a monk. that took like 30 minuntes and we still didnt find one and then every on in the party just leaves. that fully pissed me off wasted 90 mintues .
    Now that's odd, you should've found some random noob.

i hate pvping in random areanas the most. i click enter battle then someone quit right before 20 seconds even finishes.
    Then don't do RA's and do, like, GvG?

and the pve omfg. i go to bloody FoW and takes me like 1hour to form a group and people join ur party and gets pissed off by some other member and leaves so i keep going from 7/8 to 6/8 to 4/8 then back to 7/8 and after 1 more person joins everyone says there rdy.i pay the 1 platinum to balthazar and we go. then 1 person quits at the start. omfg then more ppl quit and then we end up all quiting.i hate getting a farming group . people come and leave.
    FoW is not exactly the place to go with random idiots. If you start a group, it's your duty to test what kind of players you're inviting, check their builds, make sure they all understand plain English and will follow your orders, and make sure they have enough time to stay.

(im not a noob ive been playing the game for over 2 years and i dont swear at players) its just that after i wasted so much time and effort getting people to join my group they leave. i hate that.
    Considering this game has only been out for ~20 months I assume you played during the BWE's... anyway, if you've played that long, you should know it has ALWAYS been like this. Speaking of you not being a noob and having played for two years, don't you have a rank 6+ or something in Heroes' Ascent, and why do you go spam "Ranger LFG" which is a meaningless statement?

got any suggestions anyone?
    None really, just to be more patient and find yourself a decent guild - which is all that matters in GW.

• dragonlord27dragonlord27 Member Posts: 24

people in guildwars define "noob" as low level or someone who doesnt have good gear or doesnt have much gold.

i define "noob" as playing experience.isnt that true and thanks for your advice people.

but i only say ranger lfg in heroes ascent so if ppl need a ranger they can ask me what i am like bp or trapper but no one does ask me.

why go pvping in random arenas knowing that the chances of getting a monk are so slim?
  • AkaraxleAkaraxle Member UncommonPosts: 471

people in guildwars define "noob" as low level or someone who doesnt have good gear or doesnt have much gold.
    i define "noob" as playing experience.isnt that true and thanks for your advice people.

Err, no, no one defines "noob" as what you think. A noob is a player that thinks he's good, but in truth he's horrible and won't listen to advice - to boot. Those you describe are the poor newbies that just got into the game and shouldn't be mistreated.

but i only say ranger lfg in heroes ascent so if ppl need a ranger they can ask me what i am like bp or trapper but no one does ask me.
    Try saying "rank <your rank> Ranger LFG, can play bp or trapper".

P.S. By "bp" do you mean barrage/pet? Is this a joke? Barrage/pet is a sodding PvE build for Ruins of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings.

why go pvping in random arenas knowing that the chances of getting a monk are so slim?
    Because you don't need a monk to win, if everyone has a decent self heal (which you should always try to bring in RA) and a res signet. That's what those silly leavers don't understand.

that was an example...
  • adderworksadderworks Member Posts: 10
    Then, there is the diff between "newb" in pvp and "newb" in pve. The "veteran" pvp-only  types are quite "newb" when it comes to playing as part of a well formed group in places like the Gate of Anguish or Razah runs for example. That creates a lot of grief for people when that happens. After all, "I played the game for x amount of months" is a hefty personal defense for one's ego when the "n" word starts flying about the chat.

The biggest thing that I see is that people tend to fail to communicate what they want as a team in both types of play.
  • hoth22hoth22 Member Posts: 11

i dont know if this helps but maybe if u have a party and u need a monk or something else take a henchman and if u dont get a party do it with henchman im playing this since the first guild wars came out and i got all 3 series so this way helped me alot trough the game so hire hench or u can ask ur guild if u got 1 otherwise just email me to [email protected] i help u out