Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

top upcoming MMO

I have been looking the last few months for a new MMO what i really want out of it is it to be a real hardcore MMO

so far all what looks good is LOTRO to me does anyone no if there is a better MMO out there that is extremly challenging and hardcore ??

Comments

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Don't really know what to answer a guy, who calls himself "LOTRO rocks"...
  • arjun1991arjun1991 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Well if you are looking for something hardcore then.... RYZOM is excellent! loads of customization options and diversity. It is a bit tough to understand in the start but the community is the most helpful ive ever seen! Its got a normal talk channel in which people around you can hear , then there is the regional talk in which people on the whole map can respond to you and then there is universal in which people on the whole sever can respond. The GM's keep an eye out for spamming and are helpful.

The only bad part is the 1.8 GB download and of coarse its payed but one whole island is free which is excellent for levelling until you are level 50 , after that its a bit tough to level on the free island , you can buy a subscription then...

Anyway have fun! im "arjun" in the game incase you want to contact me... but i dont play much anymore because ive got exams on right now...

Oh and i almost forgot , heres the link www.ryzom.com

• Tasuki20xxTasuki20xx Member Posts: 2
    uh you could check out Vanguard it comes out the 29th I think, its supposed to be

hardcore in the same vein as the original Everquest and such, with a huge

world and such. I Haven't played it myself but it seems like an either like it or hate it game.

Good luck!
  • trinityNITROtrinityNITRO Member Posts: 72
    The MMO I am most excited about is Age of Conan for the PC and Xbox 360!  It looks like the graphics will be innovative, the gameplay will be innovative, and the content will be Mature.  It isn't coming out until October though so you might need something to hold you over.  Keep in mind this info is all the opinion of a NOOB.  Actually, NO, a pre-NOOB.  (even worse)  I have never played an MMO, and this will be my first one.  I will be playing it on the Xbox 360!

• player321player321 Member Posts: 28
  • r1m1k1r1m1k1 Member Posts: 129

I would have to say AOC, LOTRO, WARHAMMER, and PBC are the most looked forward to RPGs. Oh and Darkfall!

They all look promising except for Stargate Worlds. Who in their right mind would buy that game?

• GerecGerec Member CommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by trinityNITRO

The MMO I am most excited about is Age of Conan for the PC and Xbox 360!  It looks like the graphics will be innovative, the gameplay will be innovative, and the content will be Mature.  It isn't coming out until October though so you might need something to hold you over.  Keep in mind this info is all the opinion of a NOOB.  Actually, NO, a pre-NOOB.  (even worse)  I have never played an MMO, and this will be my first one.  I will be playing it on the Xbox 360!
    I admire your honesty, my good pre-noob sir.
  • malefacusmalefacus Member Posts: 135
    DARKFALL!!!!!!       
  • AzuriellAzuriell Member Posts: 27
    Warhammer Online, but that is just my opinion.

I'm going to check out Darkfall too.

It seems it's quite good.

I Am Special K.

• OsirisXOsirisX Member Posts: 2
    Dark Fall does look extremely good atm :)

Will defintly be checking that out my self
  • RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    Aoc is what i'm waiting on. Also going to give PBS, TCoS, TB and Darkfall a looksee when they are released.
  • SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    Age of Conan (O'Brian), Pirates of the Burning Sea and Gods & Heroes for me...

I'm eager to see what happens to Warhammer when it comes out.

I like that Age of Conan is single player RPG up to a certain level, an interesting twist...
  • GahrokGahrok Member Posts: 13

Warhammer Online is the most promising upcoming MMORPG IMO.  Lotro looks lame... very lame.  Darkfall will be cool too... if it comes out...

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Age of Conan and Spellborn are the most unique and promising projects. Though as an active pvper im waiting for Warhammer too