Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest patch resets video settings--film at 11

Yes *points to the title of the thread*, it's true. Make sure you redo your tweaks and in game settings (not controls, interface or audio). Save yourself from the lag monster, tehr are hordes of lag spiking n00bs running screaming through the cities.

Comments

• DruNk_DwArF2DruNk_DwArF2 Member UncommonPosts: 196

Hey man,quick question...Was just wondering if the game supports the 1440 by 990 Resolution(widescreen)...I sure do hope so wich im thinking they do as every game made recently usally does..Thanks in advance

MMORPG's Under my belt:UO,EQ1,EQ2,SWG,L2,COH,COV,WoW,AC2,Shadowbane,DAOC,FFXI,GW,D&D,V:SOH,LOTR:O

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Mine only displays up to 1280x1024, but I'm sure they do as Brad McQuaid himself plays the game on a big Dell widescreen monitor.

• buzzzxbuzzzx Member UncommonPosts: 41
    Yes it does. I'm playing the beta in widescreen.
  • DruNk_DwArF2DruNk_DwArF2 Member UncommonPosts: 196
    Ok awsome thanks guys

MMORPG's Under my belt:UO,EQ1,EQ2,SWG,L2,COH,COV,WoW,AC2,Shadowbane,DAOC,FFXI,GW,D&D,V:SOH,LOTR:O

• BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    Wonder why they are forcing this change and not forcing the tweaks.
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

ya this use to happen a lot actually.

1. create a folder called "backup" in your vanguard folder
    2. delete "customization_templates.txt" from your vanguardin folder
    3. log in to vanguard and save ALL of your character customizations that you want to keep (ie. select each toon and go to "customize" and select "save template"
    4. make all necessary adjustments to your video settings
    5. log out
    6. copy the "customization_templates.txt" to the backup folder you created (open with notepad to verify all your toons are there)
    7. edit your "vgclient.ini* to whatever you like.  copy this to your backup folder as well

so now whenever there is a patch, just copy/paste these two files from backup to your in folder and replace them.  The "customization_templates.txt" are your character customization.  The "vgclient.ini" saves all your video settings so you wont have to go back to the video options and set them again.  all the info is saved there

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • BaldzuluBaldzulu Member Posts: 19
    hmmm...wondering if those instructions are for the players or the developer?