Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of PvP will this game have?

will admit, I haven't looked much into TCoS.

I like PvP and prefer a FFA PvP type game if someone can make it possible.

With that said.

What kind of PvP will TCoS have?

Will it be Arena based? Team Based? FFA?

Will there be level limits?

What will be the Risk/Reward system be like?

Just any info about the PvP for this upcoming MMO.

Comments

• AphexAphex Member Posts: 194

Afaik at launch it will have Arena and FFA pvp. The Arena pvp is both for solo players and guilds. As a solo player you will at least be able to win a statue of yourself (not sure what other rewards there are). I also remember the devs saying that guilds are able to win stores. Again, no idea what the other rewards are.

FFA pvp is limited to certain zones. The devs have at least mentioned some mines, so I wouldn't be surprised if they made (most) gathering spots open to pvp.

They're also working on a shard conquest system for guilds. Supposedly the devs are planning to add new shards into the game every once in a while. When a shard is added it is controlled by a npc faction but guilds can take it over. To own a shard you have to take some resources from somewhere deep in the territory of that shard to the shardship dock. To be able to do that your guild needs to control certain points (bridges for example) where they will be regularly attacked by NPC's and other guilds. The first guild that moves a certain amount of resources to the shardship docks gets to own the shard. I don't know if its possible for another guild to take overr a shard once you've claimed it.

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    So this has zones and instances?

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Kilim

So this has zones and instances?

Yes, but in the above post the use of the word zone might be confusing. While travelling on a shard you have no time interruption due to zoning like in eq2. (At least that was the intent of the devs). There will be large areas, like mines, in which there will be ffa pvp. And shard conquest will include ffa pvp too till the moment conquest has been accomplished.

As far is known the only form of instancing will be guild halls, houses (when they are ready) and ancestral quests. And as far as is known there will be no pvp in instances. At least not at release.

--
    Delanor

• JEMcLeodJEMcLeod Member Posts: 35

I would be happy where you had an arena like you did in Redmoon where you could go in and kill anyone who was in it.

• guignol69guignol69 Member UncommonPosts: 72

For the moment the devs have spoken of grouping until 8 PJs in the same group. So you can fight GvG in arena at 8v8, which is for the moment the threshold to be recognize as a guild (8 PJs minimum).

For instances (shards conquests) the guilds will be representated by groups of 8 PJs as well. Maybe you will fight in team PvP against several groups in the futur... in arena or on shards too. I think it will possible in the FFA zones as soon as release.

It's just one step from the sublime to the ridiculous.
    C9 impatient awaiter

• KilimKilim Member Posts: 546
    /sigh

I hate arena based PvP :(

• goukagegoukage Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Kilim

/sigh

I hate arena based PvP :(
    i think they will add some other pvp encounters.

the devs said that you can enter ine of the high houses in the game it doesnt matter in the beginning..you can level with a buddy from another high house.

but i think that they mentioned that there will be wars for shard domination between those houses a while after retail.

here are some facts from the offical page www.tcos.com/sbforum/viewtopic.php

goukage
  • Pipboy2000Pipboy2000 Member Posts: 44
    Yeah the shard wars should bring about large scale pvp hopefully aswell as Mines.
  • j9ncalifj9ncalif Member UncommonPosts: 37
    FFA all the way baby!  I've stopped playing games that don't support player freedom.  I still test them tho.  I just dont' play them.  Why bother playing a game if you can't attack anyone whom you want. 
  • SamuraiswordSamuraisword Member Posts: 2,111

I believe in limited FFA. There is no point in allowing a powerful player to attack a weak player who has no chance of defending themselves because of lack of levels or combat skills. The only players that like to do that are griefers.

FFA with random 1-3 item drop looting that has restrictions based on levels/skills to prevent ganking lowbies is the way to go.

• KardasKardas Member Posts: 8

I'm impresses. This don't actually need any reply at all... BUT this game will likely have a kind of PVP that is like you ask to PvP another player and then fight. I think there is more to this game than just this though...

(hehe ( THIS PLAYER HAS NEVER PLAYED THIS GAME YET ). )

Alienware = BEST COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS FOR GAME TO BE PLAYED ON!

• havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229
       Every year, every game gets worse. The only games I'll play are those with full loot PVP. So I guess I'll just continue playing UO and EVE. I need excitement not rank.
  • YanenYanen Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by havocthefirs

Every year, every game gets worse. The only games I'll play are those with full loot PVP. So I guess I'll just continue playing UO and EVE. I need excitement not rank.

lol, you said it.  i'm getting a little tired of developers not even bothering to put up full pvp servers anymore.  even EQ1 had full-loot pvp back in the day on Vallon and Tallon Zek.  what they do on the blue servers is one thing, and they're entitled to play in a safe environment if they want, but to not include the option of full ffa pvp for people who like it is lazy development