Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summary about the biggest mistake in mmorpg history

Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

Please note before you read:

some may ask why do we post all of this over and over again, you wanna know why?

1. to avoid other companies to do the same mistakes SOE made over and over again

2. to protect other customers from greedy companies to rip of their customers

3. to show flag and tell with one voice that we dont let them do whatever they want with us, we want to change something instead of accepting it like cattle herds who got no clue that they will get slaughtered soon

we are humans and we have to stand up and fight against something that we feel is wrong instead of simply accepting it like mindless idiots...

imagine everyone in world war II accepted Adolf Hitler and the 3rd Reich, in what kind of world would we live today?

if you feel something is wrong, fight against it, thats all I have to say to those who ask why we post articles like that over and over again..

Interesting Blog about the mistakes done by Sony Online Entertainement and LucasArts in Star Wars Galaxies

(already posted by someone into the official Star Wars Galaxies Game Play Discussion)

Title: Star Wars Galaxies: Anatomy of a PR Disaster:

http://blog.tp.org/chip/archives/002076.html

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

Comments

• Pjay2kPjay2k Member CommonPosts: 260

my favorite comment to the blog above is the following:

" This is the most superbly written piece I have read on what has happened with Star Wars Galaxies. SOE has absolutely no one -- no one -- but themselves to blame for what has happened. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Only a limited segment of the MMORPG crowd is intersted in Star Wars and only a limited segment of Star Wars folks are interested in MMORPGs. Most online RPGer's want swords and sorcery, not space adventure. That's why so many of the games, and the most popular ones, are always medieval fantasy. The Star Wars crowd, on the other hand, gravitates toward the console-based, twitchy games like BF2 and KOTOR. There's only so many people who like a Star Wars MMORPG, and SOE has just fucked them over. Now, where the hell do they think they are going to get new customers from? The console teenyboppers, those that haven't heard all the negative stories, will quickly quit when they realize they can't instantly be a bad-ass Jedi and that there are loading screens, and still, despite Nancy MacIntyre's efforts, "much too much reading" for their taste. The article is spot on. This is a textbook example of how to shit in your own bed."

and my number one comment by a SOE dev regarding pre-cu / pre-nge is:

"SOE-Helios about Camps in SWG: So you just sat there and it was fun?"

SOE and NGE-Star Wars Galalaxies:
    Raph Koster: "It's like dumping the girlfriend who has always been patient and loving to chase after the supermodel who probably won't love you back."

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Good article.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• skiixskiix Member Posts: 2

You just compared the fall of SWG to the fall of the Third Reich ...

• dirtyd77dirtyd77 Member UncommonPosts: 383
    Originally posted by skiix

LOL those were my thoughts exactly!   After reading that I need a beer!
  • skiixskiix Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by dirtyd77

Originally posted by skiix

LOL those were my thoughts exactly!   After reading that I need a beer!

I second that notion   CHEERS!