Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 to have over 130 hours worth of voiceovers

MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Just saw this news item on www.eqii.com

EverQuest 2 in May 2004 PC Gamer
:: Posted by Blackguard @ 03:45 pm :: 12 comments :.

Apparently, the May 2004 PC Gamer is headlined with "EverQuest 2 Incredible News". This hasn't been confirmed yet, so take it with a grain of salt until we see some more people talking about it. I can't explain this stuff any better than Animal did in his forum post:
Animal wrote:
Just got my new PC Gamer in the mail and saw on the cover "Everquest 2 Incredible News" I excitedly turned to the index to find what page this new info was on and quickly turned to said page. I am speechless. No exclusive screenshots of Frogloks or Erudites but a little bit of new info in that "THE VAST MAJORITY OF NPC CHARACTERS WILL HAVE VOICEOVERS" Over 70,000 spoken lines and over 130 hours worth to be exact.

They also mentioned a bit about Frogloks in that they have "12 different styles, skin textures, and colors. Some of the added artistic effects are exceptionally detailed." They also mention a bit about erudites in that "The Erudites are the slim, magical race, with rune tattoos etched on their bodies, and those runes are even reflected in their eyes."

They also mentioned the city betrayal quest can be done between levels 15-20.

As for pics there were a couple new ones. One with a group fighting 2 skeletons on a dock and the other with a group fighting a Wyrm which looks damn impressive. They also showed a screenshot of a gnoll, the same ones you can see in the newest video, with the caption of "Its Back! Blackburrow is a confirmed zone in EQ2."
I definitely think good voice-overs help fantasy games out (like in Baldur's Gate). If they aren't done well, they could screw things up, but I have faith. Anyway, talk about this stuff in this threadthat Animal started.

Update: Moorgard confirmedthat this, indeed, is not fake.

Note the last line where Moorgard (EQ2's community rep) confirms this.

Comments

• DarkAngelGCDarkAngelGC Member UncommonPosts: 32
    all I have to say about that is... they better have gotten good voice actors.. image
  • Aka-ShadowsAka-Shadows Member Posts: 188

Wow, Sounds most interesting indeed and yes good voice overs are only expectied from sony online the company is huge and sgould be able to aafford good voice acters.

" Well hopfully they all have diff accents for diff races."

But i know this probly will be true.

I come from the coldness of everystep you take im a shadow of evil in your presence be afraid!
    -SHADOWS

Soverign Malus some call me
    Blood hound is what other's say.
    I shall crush all opponents
    Father Death, Chaos Lord Rains tyranny.
    blanket of shadow, steel sword kissed by the blood of the unworthy. Foes Fall, Fields Of Red.
    - Soverign Malus " Father Death" Forever Shadow Sect.

• GascogneGascogne Member Posts: 30
    Wow image EQ2 is getting more and more intresting. image

We are the bold marines of space. We wade through gore and grue and if we do not like your face then this is what we'll do: We'll sneer and spit and call you names,tip napalm down your shirt. Your vest will be consumed by flames, and that will really hurt.