Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what a load of crap..

erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
Well i was hoping to play this evening ;(

i just bought the game, downloaded the client, and setup the key with my cogaccount, all without a problem.

but the game client keeps bitching about my password not being correct.. /sigh

i changed it, tried again.. no luck

now i filed a support ticket.. any clue how long that will take? hope not days. bought the game to play it this weekend.

/rant off

Comments

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

well i can get ingame now.. not sure if i really want to though, was allready bored @ level 2.. lol

whats up with the UI of this game.. it feels like shadowbane.. :( bah i had no feeling towards this game at all, but this was a very bad buy :(

• HakikoHakiko Member Posts: 103
    Hey,

I am by no means saying this is the best game in the world or anything but I have been having fun fooling around with it.

If you want shoot me an IM on Xfire (Hakiko). I am always open to hanging out in game. In fact I am pretty much a newb in that game myself. I only started a few days ago and someone was nice enough to invite me to a group and explain the ins and outs of all the different classes for like 2 hours. Because of that I am rerolling a new toon anyway.

So hate to see you feel like you wasted your money (and maybe we both did I haven't played long enoug to tell)

I am Hakiko on Brumhart.

Hi Hakiko!

Thanks for the heads up, ill give you a shout tonight :) but it is mostly the UI that completely bums me out.

the questlog, targetting, attacking (how the hell do attacks work.. they glow orange?) movement etc etc etc

not so much the graphics or world etc, that looks ok, but the UI is horrible :)

• EranuEranu Member Posts: 191
    U think its crap cos u cant log in? Wait till you actually play it LOL 

Greatness is difficult to appreciate from close up. The great mountain on the horizon is only the ground when you are standing on it.

• OrpgBoiOrpgBoi Member Posts: 2
    Hm... ever thought of not say that the game sucks before reaching some lvl...? You can't say like, "Oooh, I just made a char, this game sucks, I havent even killed a mob yet! /crybaby"

Go get something in your head before posting any topics

<('-'<) <( '-' )> (> '-' )>

• TyrranosaurTyrranosaur Member UncommonPosts: 284

Hate to say it, but if a game can't wow its audience (pun intended) in the first five or ten minutes of play.....it's got problems.

There's enough comptetition for our dollars and time out there that a game needs to be good to grab some of that. I really have a problem with any game at all that starts off weak....it's essentially sending the message, "We know our starter area sucks, but trust us, in 8 hours you'll be having a blast." If it's no fun to start, why should I trust that will change in eight hours of play? A lot of japanese rpgs are like that, but the ones that generally succeed (read: Final Fantasy) are one which are fun from the get go. MMOs are the same. WoW works, for example, because the interface is easy, you're doing fun stuff right off the bat, and it makes sense....you can see a progression of events and actions right away. If a game doesn't convey that, it's setting itself up for failure.

Some games are very, very good.....but have a steep learning curve. Those games need to make sure the early moments are filled with good tutorials and clarifications. EVE Online is a fine example of this done right. Maybe, if Archlord is similar, that's what it really needs. I want to try this game, but I am reluctant to find out without better commentary from people.

Current MMOs: Rift, GW2, Defiance
    Blog: http://realmsofchirak.blogspot.com (old school tabletop gaming and more)

• TheRebelGenTheRebelGen Member Posts: 103

What is the game about anyways?

• xrebelxrebel Member Posts: 133
    I played in beta and was far from WoW'd... about not impressing in the first 5 minutes... I know the feeling! :) Here is what happened in my first 5 minutes:

Run out to do the kill x of x quest.... kill something big and ugly... Oh no! The mob is laying on top of my loot!!! So I wait around for my loot.... mob starts to disappear and I go to grab my loot... someone else ran by and picked it up before I could....

bad start :)

I played a bit longer and just could not get into it... maybe it's better by now...

Retired from WoW
    Rebellion - 60 Warlock || Kalaa - 60 Warrior
    Littlerebel - 60 Hunter || Albie - 60 Shaman
    Played: Erm, a lot more.

• paadepaade Member Posts: 471
    lol, i just finished reading a review of this game, by a decent gaming mag, and it gave a whopping score of 33 out of hundred (33/100).

Sooo, sounds kinda sucky
  • BoringPlanetBoringPlanet Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by paade

lol, i just finished reading a review of this game, by a decent gaming mag, and it gave a whopping score of 33 out of hundred (33/100).

Sooo, sounds kinda sucky
    that magazine was being nice.... this game sux more than a Private Diablo 2 server with 1Mbits bandwith....

I played the beta, there were 3-4 different mobs, 2 classes, 2 races.... no ability to differ yourselfe from the other charas.

well, the game SUX REALY BAD.

dont buy it, rather burn the money.

//XileZ

• DreamsIn3DDreamsIn3D Member Posts: 86
    Originally posted by xrebel Run out to do the kill x of x quest.... kill something big and ugly... Oh no! The mob is laying on top of my loot!!! So I wait around for my loot.... mob starts to disappear and I go to grab my loot... someone else ran by and picked it up before I could....

I dont know about other MMO's but in DAOC, when you kill a mob and it drops loot, only the person who killed it can pick it up.

That has to suck losing your loot to someone else. Sounds like one of those free MMO's I can't stand.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by BoringPlanet

Originally posted by paade

Sooo, sounds kinda sucky
    that magazine was being nice.... this game sux more than a Private Diablo 2 server with 1Mbits bandwith....

I played the beta, there were 3-4 different mobs, 2 classes, 2 races.... no ability to differ yourselfe from the other charas.

well, the game SUX REALY BAD.

dont buy it, rather burn the money. No you didn't play there beta

There are over 100~200 diffrent mobs, there are actually 8 diffrent classes, and 3 races. There is actually PLENTY of options to differ from others,

my god, at least play the game before you start to post bullshit.
  • mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    You should've read some reviews on this site before you bought it.  I think everyone and their mother knew this game was total crap before it was even released.  I beta tested it too and it sucked.  I played for an hour and was done.
    Originally posted by mehhem

You should've read some reviews on this site before you bought it.  I think everyone and their mother knew this game was total crap before it was even released.  I beta tested it too and it sucked.  I played for an hour and was done.
    Oh, so you played for a whole hour? wow, now you can fully judge the ENTIRE game eh?

Either play the game for a reasonable amount of time first or accept that your oppinion of the game should not be taken seriously.

everybody and their mother "knew" (should be thought) the game was total crap? go tell that to the thousands of people playing the game right now.
  • ThriceShyThriceShy Member Posts: 44

Well, for me personnaly, i've been playing the game since it first started.

Yes, the intial, beta was kinda slow, and alot of people we're saying it sucked, but it really didn't, you cannot judge this game within the first few hours, i'm currently lvl 35, and still loving the game, they're now doing alot of events, for lowbies, and high lvl characters, i recently did a interview with Mr.ktat, and the awnsers seemed real promosing, i can't wait for the Upcoming expansion for this game, they say it's gonna bring alot into the game atmosphere with new class changes and item changes.

I'd give this game a 9.5/10 it's gonna be big soon.

Tempus Vincit Omnia

• dlantoubdlantoub Member Posts: 2

I personally am failing to be impressed by this.  I'm still a relative newcomer to these types of games so my thoughts and opinions are entirely biased, and I have a habit of burning out quickly..enough about me...

Archlord.  I like many others, jumped on the bandwagon when it went free.  I played the character(s) I wanted, so I can't complain really...

I'm an Orc Hunter called Druuna on Brumhart, among numerous others.

At the very early level of the game (please don't hate me for this, I'm admitting I'm early stages ^_^) The principle mechanic seems to be potion spam, no matter what you are, you are supposed to potion spam monsters to death.  After a while I changed classes to have a look at the different aspects of play, and I blinked.

Fighters take 1 point of damage from a mob if they are evenly levelled, I've seen a maximum of six, from a mob the same level as my human fighter, and I can reliably take on a mob at least a level above me.  I have to fight mobs a level or more below me as a Hunter, if I don't want to waste potions, and these things are still hitting me for  15-16 damage. As a mage (Human and Moon Elf) I get a super bang stick with a maximum damage output more than twice that of a similar crossbow, with comparable range, before stat mods (ok it does use mana but what of that, I'm a mage).  I have to buy ammunition as an archer, and I can't even do comparable damage to someone who just has to swig a potion, or wait five minutes.  I don't want to be an uber damage dealer as a Hunter, but I would like to see what we get that makes us viable as a class.

Later I learned there are certain quests that can be done over and over repeatedly to create the uber loot syndrome.  I asked a player, who was level 3 at the time how he was taking on groups of level 7 mobs, and taking less damage than I was at level 8, taking them out one at a time.  He levelled up four times in half an hour, i had been level 8 for an hour and a half.  It turned out that he had several characters and levelled them all up to do one quest where the reward was a compounding potion, you then upgrade a weapon or armour, create a new character, give it to them, and delete the old one (according to him they have to have the same name) so you might have to store it and delete the old one first.  Rinse and repeat for ultimate gear.  I understand that this game is a race to be Archlord, so I shouldn't mind this, since they are using every advantage they can to get ahead  but part of me thinks that those who play the game without such 'trickery' (I'm sorry, bias again) seem to get no reward for it.

I will continue to keep prodding at this game, but my heart is telling me that this is certainly not for the casual gamer (ie. me).

after my initial post about this game.. even after being offered help, even then i didnt even start it up once to play it, not even to kill a single mob...

seriously the only and worst buy of any pc game i even bought (yes!! sims was better..)

Originally posted by erinys

after my initial post about this game.. even after being offered help, even then i didnt even start it up once to play it, not even to kill a single mob...
    seriously the only and worst buy of any pc game i even bought (yes!! sims was better..)
    You already claimed the game to be a complete failure after 1 day of playing, Play the game first before commenting on it is the advice I give to you.
    Originally posted by Gameloading

You already claimed the game to be a complete failure after 1 day of playing, Play the game first before commenting on it is the advice I give to you.

I would, but it is SO bad, that i dont even wanna load it up anymore :S

its very poorly designed gameplay, it might be better with a better UI and western keybindings etc, but i prolly wont touch this game anymore up untill in about a year, to see if it had improved a little..

honestly i had hopes for it untill i bought it, even really looked forward to playing it.. but damn it was a dissapointment..

i think the only game i played wich gave me a smaller attentionspan was shadowbane last week.. i vote them both equal

but shadowbane was released 5 years ago.. this game a brand frikking new

• mbbladembblade Member Posts: 747
    well most time when you have a really bad, agravating exp right from the start you tend to really hate the game.  If you don't play it for a couple of days to a week and come back to it fresh you might have a differant outlook on the game.  I know i have hated the game with a passion cuz of troubles right away but then quit for like a week and went back to it and didn't mind playing.

Originally posted by Gameloading

I would, but it is SO bad, that i dont even wanna load it up anymore :S

its very poorly designed gameplay, it might be better with a better UI and western keybindings etc, but i prolly wont touch this game anymore up untill in about a year, to see if it had improved a little..

honestly i had hopes for it untill i bought it, even really looked forward to playing it.. but damn it was a dissapointment..

i think the only game i played wich gave me a smaller attentionspan was shadowbane last week.. i vote them both equal

but shadowbane was released 5 years ago.. this game a brand frikking new

You don't know if its bad, you only played the first few levels. You don't know if the entire gameplay is poor, because you only played for a few hours. I'm not surprised you don't like Shadowbane either, Because shadowbane requires you to play longer then just 1 day as well.

Well i know when a game is bad or isnt :) i have played many! and this one just is bad, there just isnt a thing that feels right

Maybe its "good enough" for people who do not know better (like you), or dont have the options to pay monthy, but tbh, this game ranks nowhere close to wow, eq2, vanguard or anything similar.

There IS a reason this game had no subscribers and was forced to play for free, and i didnt know what the reason was untill i bought it, but i do now :)

I AM entitled to my opinion you know :) just because we dont agree, doesnt make either of us right :)

This game prolly will appeal to some, just like shadowbane, but neither are healthy games ;)

• cerranicerrani Member Posts: 6

hello !

i'm a french player of this game for som days. What i found there :

- monster bashing (some ppl got a work with that for some companies that make a lot of money with that :p)

- graphics are not really awesome... maybe just something better than DAOC but not sure 

- translation in french is weak and written in a arial-like font... is 'arial' a new heroic fantasy font ?

- tried to change keys to make my avatar run with ZSQD keys... didn't work

- i hate the way my avatar has to move with mouse clicking

- i play an ork and was really suprised to see that orks speaks like : "fightr  lvl 6 lf gp for Circoro (or something like)"... NO ROLE PLAY (like in ALL OTHER MMO..RPG)... Guess we should call theses games MMOCK : Massively Multiplayer Online Crap for Kids

I didn't play for MMORPGs for months... it's always the same shit, hopefully this game doesn't ask for a monthly fee.

Maybe i'll find some good things for Archlord later, i'll play to look for that.

Well i know when a game is bad or isnt :) i have played many! and this one just is bad, there just isnt a thing that feels right
    Maybe its "good enough" for people who do not know better (like you), or dont have the options to pay monthy, but tbh, this game ranks nowhere close to wow, eq2, vanguard or anything similar.
    There IS a reason this game had no subscribers and was forced to play for free, and i didnt know what the reason was untill i bought it, but i do now :)
    I AM entitled to my opinion you know :) just because we dont agree, doesnt make either of us right :)

This game prolly will appeal to some, just like shadowbane, but neither are healthy games ;)

You see that list on the left of this forum? There isn't a single one I haven't played. so keep your bullshit of "You don't know better" out of this. You have not experienced anything of the game yet. lets stick to the facts, shall we? You didn't play the game longer then a few hours. you know nothing about it, and your whole opinion is based on pointless speculation and assumptions. You are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion should NOT be taken serious in any way or form, because that opinion is speculation, not experience. You didn't join any of the guild fights, and never set one foot in the Battlesquare. you have only seen the first few steps of your characters advancement.
  • KrymsonSykkeKrymsonSykke Member Posts: 45

To everyone AL is not the best of games but it is good I have been back on since the beta for about a whole month now and it seems like they have fix most of the bugs...Another thing not all MMORPG's are going to be exciteing to begin with...If you are going to play the game then play it for a month or longer then base you opinion on what you think then till then quit bad mouthing a game you have no idea about at all...

This discussion has been closed.