Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is wrong with this sitE?! It's almost impossible to copy a post

vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

Sometimes I see a post and I want to copy it to my clipboard or wordpad. Well, lately with this new design I've noticed its almost impossible to simply click on a post or review and grab the text. What is the deal here guys the web coding for this site has went down a serious notch. My suggestion is to please make it so we can at least do something simple like grab text (CTRL+C). right now its very hard to click on a postm select it, and click CTRL+C.

Next, why isn't UBB codes enabled? I like how I can post web links into posts but I miss the flexibility UBB codes give. Amyway the important thing is to please change the formatting on this site so I can grab text sorry to gripe about a minor thing but its vexing me greatly

Comments

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

What's stopping you from doing this? I just fired up Internet Explorer with all scripting enabled and could select and copy text from your post to Notepad.

I can't see anything in the source that tries to disable it.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Your right, there isn't anything in place to prevent copying.  The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you are in the post body when you try to copy the text.  Sometimes if you are in the signature it will only highlight the signature (etc) because of tables cells in certain browsers.
  • ZorkenZorken Member UncommonPosts: 54
    I got the same problem, i cant select any thing in a post and pressing ctrl C will not copy anything.  Its like im trying to target text from a screen shoot

Benjamin Franklin wrote the best quote to use for MMOs in development.
    Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

What can I tell you guys, it works...edit, compressed picture to make it small, that's why it looks bleached.

• vajurasvajuras Member Posts: 2,860

This is still an issue I was trying to grab some text from a blog and it was a real pain. Instead of letting me grab the specific paragraph I wanted I had to grab text from the entire blog, copy into notepad, grab the text I wanted, and then copy it BACK into the comments section.

I am still using IE6 btw

This is the only site I ahve this issue with

• wjrasmussenwjrasmussen Member Posts: 1,493
    Originally posted by vajuras

This is still an issue I was trying to grab some text from a blog and it was a real pain. Instead of letting me grab the specific paragraph I wanted I had to grab text from the entire blog, copy into notepad, grab the text I wanted, and then copy it BACK into the comments section.
    I am still using IE6 btw
    This is the only site I ahve this issue with

I just consider this site an oddball site.  No other site has these "must be a user" issues for me.   Issues like these combined with the overly busy frontpage are just part of the reason this site is less useful than it was in the past.  The signal to noise ratio due to inconsistant moderation are horrible.  But the issue you are speaking of I know friends who also have it.