Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Customer Service is crap!

I was one of the "lucky" ones that won the beta key contest.   After waiting months I had finally received everything in my email to get my key.   I followed the procedure and never received anything.  Then I received an email about getting the client which was sent after the key.  So ya...they send me a link to get the client but no damn key.  I have sent them several emails about this and not a single reply or resolve.  They can stick their NDA in their ass as well!

Comments

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

My experience is that they do not respond to e-mail. A PM on their forum, or when you have excess to the beta-tester forum in that forum, has more chance of a response. Unless they gave you an e-mail address for correspondence reacting to the sender address of e-mails is pointless. I agree, that that should not be the case, and you should not have to find this out yourself.

BTW, you are not a customer yet and perhaps when they can trace you not even a beta-tester.

--
    Delanor

• Freeze_TCoSFreeze_TCoS TCoS CMMember Posts: 15

Hey There,

I'm sorry to hear your emails seam to be ignored since we try to answer any questions asap.

Can you forward the content of your emails to me using a PM on this website?

I will make sure all your troubles will be solved.

Thanks!

Marco 'Freeze' van Haren

Marketing and PR Manager TCoS

www.tcos.com

• cadamirecadamire Member Posts: 17
    *Ahem*

yes... I also "lost" my beta key and am unable to play the game...

Oh and I missed the email that linked me to the client too, Ha Ha...

Ahhh... it was worth a shot!
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    As Freeze just said, please PM him here with your issues.... No need for anyone else to know about it honestly.

For people who may be getting a distorted impression of TCoS serives, other mmorpg.com testers have found their way to the beta forums on tcos.com, therefore anyone with a key should be able to log there and post their troubles as well as PMing Freeze about it, that way you are sure that someone will help you.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• locdog420692locdog420692 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Cynthe

As Freeze just said, please PM him here with your issues.... No need for anyone else to know about it honestly. For people who may be getting a distorted impression of TCoS serives, other mmorpg.com testers have found their way to the beta forums on tcos.com, therefore anyone with a key should be able to log there and post their troubles as well as PMing Freeze about it, that way you are sure that someone will help you.
    Obviously you did not read my post... I don't have a key therefore I can not login to beta forums.  And I read everything that freeze posted. I do not need an echo!  I do appreciate Freeze replying to me on this although someone is doing a poor job with their email support.  Freeze I will PM my emails as soon as I get out of work.  If I see some resolve from this perhaps Freeze just saved a potential customer.
  • godpuppetgodpuppet Member Posts: 1,416
    HF in TCoS, and remember! If you get bored, you know who to give your account!

Your loyaly and best friend, Godpuppet.

---

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by locdog420692

Originally posted by Delanor

My experience is that they do not respond to e-mail. A PM on their forum, or when you have excess to the beta-tester forum in that forum, has more chance of a response. Unless they gave you an e-mail address for correspondence reacting to the sender address of e-mails is pointless. I agree, that that should not be the case, and you should not have to find this out yourself.
    BTW, you are not a customer yet and perhaps when they can trace you not even a beta-tester.
    Ya..it shows what you know. In one of the emails I received from them it gives an email address to respond to issues anyone is having with setting up the beta account.  That is the email address that I have not gotten any response from.  I guess I should of specified that in case a dumb ass know it all would reply like yourself.Weird uncalled for response.

--
    Delanor

• aspiinaspiin Member Posts: 66
         I dont think you people understand that MMORPG cant help you. Crying here want get you anytihng. You are getting crappy customer service because you are complaining here. GO TO tcos.com!!!! They have a  whole beta forum dedicated to helping you. Im sorry you are having toubles but I have no sympathy for you. Cry me a river becuase I would love to have your beta key..
  • CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Obviously you did not read my post... I don't have a key therefore I can not login to beta forums.  And I read everything that freeze posted. I do not need an echo!  I do appreciate Freeze replying to me on this although someone is doing a poor job with their email support.  Freeze I will PM my emails as soon as I get out of work.  If I see some resolve from this perhaps Freeze just saved a potential customer.

>.> The attitude on these forums leave a lot to be desired, which is why I don't post here often, I wasn't actually replying to YOU specifically, sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Best of luck.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• NytemareNytemare Member Posts: 59

I was one of the "lucky" ones that won the beta key contest.   After waiting months I had finally received everything in my email to get my key.   I followed the procedure and never received anything.  Then I received an email about getting the client which was sent after the key.  So ya...they send me a link to get the client but no damn key.  I have sent them several emails about this and not a single reply or resolve.  They can stick their NDA in their ass as well!

I had the same problem. Here is what I did

1 - I PMed Freeze here on these forums, withing 24 hours I got a response from Freeze followed by a new e-mail from TCoS

2 - Still had problem (and no key) I then e-mailed the "TCoS beta problem setup" e-mail address concerning my problems. Within 24hours received a new e-mail with everything necessary (incl key) to set up my beta forum account.

I can't say anything but nice things about the service I have recieved from them here, and on their own site.

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260
    People...........
  • AethiosAethios Member Posts: 1,527

1 - I PMed Freeze here on these forums, withing 24 hours I got a response from Freeze followed by a new e-mail from TCoS

I had the same problem and tried this myself. I received a reply two weeks later and he didn't even answer my question properly.

2 - Still had problem (and no key) I then e-mailed the "TCoS beta problem setup" e-mail address concerning my problems. Within 24hours received a new e-mail with everything necessary (incl key) to set up my beta forum account.

I tried this too, before PMing Freeze, and they STILL haven't responded.

• JamirosJamiros Member Posts: 17
    Removed by original author.  I changed my mind!
  • LeepehoppeLeepehoppe Member Posts: 105

Hey just wanted to clear this up with everyone, I am cleared by the TCoS team and I have done nothing wrong as said in this email. I finally got this email from TCos about me being banned! only took them like forever. Anyways i am happy with this email, this person did a way better job then that PR manager. Anyways its argueable. Good laughs.

Good day,

You’ve been banned from TCoS Forums in regards to the NDA break done on MMORPG.com forums, and more specifically in this thread: http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/108779

All the emails you received regarding the MMORPG.com TCoS Beta contest are under NDA, thus posting their content or any material issued from these emails is a violation of the TCoS NDA.

Every emails sent to MMORPG.com Contest Winners contain the following sentence:

“This email contains all information needed to activate your beta account. The content of this email is protected by our NDA policies, and we ask you not to publish this in any form on any media.”

This is the reason why your account has been banned from our forums in order to enforce the Zero Tolerance policies we have in regards to NDA breaks.

We hope this email will clarify the situation.

Should you have any more questions, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected].

Hahahaha

All the emails you received regarding the MMORPG.com TCoS Beta contest are under NDA, thus posting their content or any material issued from these emails is a violation of the TCoS NDA.

“This email contains all information needed to activate your beta account. The content of this email is protected by our NDA policies, and we ask you not to publish this in any form on any media.”

Funny because this here was copy/pasta off of another email. So I can argue that I did not break the NDa since the email that I posted on the forums did not include this message. “This email contains all information needed to activate your beta account. The content of this email is protected by our NDA policies, and we ask you not to publish this in any form on any media.”  

• JamirosJamiros Member Posts: 17
    Well, this mail was obviously not sent by this "Blizz" guy as he did not tell you to "stfu"

• nervinervi Member UncommonPosts: 51

Well, its a dutch company, so i  gues they got dutch people working there and you know: dutch people are VERY direct.

They are often so direct, that other cultures or countries find it just plain rude behaviour :D

But for the dutch its quite normal to act very direct and yeah maybe their service people will have to pay attention, that they will take a bit more time/patience and wont be saying things so directly as they are used in their own country.

Hehe, this may sound all weird, but hey, i cant help it the dutch are direct.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876

First of all, you're 26 years old and acts like a cry baby... Hilarious.

Second... You won the privilege of participating in a closed beta, you're not really a customer and probaly not a contributing member of the MMORPG universe, judging by your posts that is - So I presume you would only play the game for entertainment rather than indulge yourself into testing every aspect of it to your fullest extent and contributing with plausible feedback.

Third, the key probaly ended up in the spam filter and you must've failed to notice that.

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Jamiros

Be careful what you do. Their support is indeed "craptastic" - by the looks of it. I have been browsing guild websites and came across a statement from the administrator of their IRC server:

<~Blizz> you are on SIL property

<~Blizz> we set the rules

<~Blizz> if you don't like it

<~Blizz> leave

<~Blizz> or stfu

This guys is an employee of the company and is telling people to leave or stfu. Well, yeah. I can see this guys being big on MMORPG.com... not for their game though. ;)

http://www.arcanumvox.net/ for the full story.

Cheers to AV, you are one great guild!

arcanum vox is one of the most arrogant guilds that exists, they start flaming in irc and forums, eventually Blizz got tired of it and banned their guildleader for not behaving. other members of AV started to flame Blizz about the rules,  Arcanum Vox is probably one of those guilds that will fall apart in retail by their attitude...
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Leepehoppe

Hey just wanted to clear this up with everyone, I am cleared by the TCoS team and I have done nothing wrong as said in this email. I finally got this email from TCos about me being banned! only took them like forever. Anyways i am happy with this email, this person did a way better job then that PR manager. Anyways its argueable. Good laughs.
    Good day,

You’ve been banned from TCoS Forums in regards to the NDA break done on MMORPG.com forums, and more specifically in this thread: http://mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/thread/108779

This is the reason why your account has been banned from our forums in order to enforce the Zero Tolerance policies we have in regards to NDA breaks.

We hope this email will clarify the situation.

Should you have any more questions, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected].

Hahahaha

Funny because this here was copy/pasta off of another email. So I can argue that I did not break the NDa since the email that I posted on the forums did not include this message. “This email contains all information needed to activate your beta account. The content of this email is protected by our NDA policies, and we ask you not to publish this in any form on any media.”  
    I'm sorry, maybe I'm blind? Where exactly is the part where it says you did nothing wrong? LOL

I new I didn't explain it very well. ok

"All the emails you received regarding the MMORPG.com TCoS Beta contest are under NDA, thus posting their content or any material issued from these emails is a violation of the TCoS NDA."

Ok so this clearly proves I did something wrong. However in the next couple of statments, I was cleared.

"Every emails sent to MMORPG.com Contest Winners contain the following sentence:"

This looks interesting. This email contains all you need to know to activate your beta account? umm if you were paying attention to what I posted you would see that the email did not include this information and that maybe you should stop copy/pasting things from other emails. So I only posted a link to a file download and a link to TCoS beta forums. But here this person says I posted a bunch of info on how to activate the beta account. 

So as you can see this person stated one thing and then stated another thing that was false. Therefore crossing out the first thing and clearing me.

Therefore you see that TCoS is making thigns up.
  • PyrostasisPyrostasis Member UncommonPosts: 2,293
    we established earlier that you are an idiot that was banned for being an ass and pocking an admin with a stick. Did you or did you not post any part of that email online? You said yes. That means you violated your NDA and your gone.

Pretty cut an dried to me...

try reading user agrremetns first. You just laid down a personal attack on me. sad how you tried to sound smart

• TharcideTharcide Member Posts: 97

try reading user agrremetns first. You just laid down a personal attack on me. sad how you tried to sound smart
    It's SAD that you haven't given up Leepehoppe.

P.S. Personal Attack, my arse

I would like to take the time out to appologize to the OP. I am sorry for posting my personal problems here in your thread and for hijacking it . Since the others invovled in my personal problems are unable to apologize for themselves, I will apologize for them. We are sorry for turning this thread into a flame war.
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Since you prefer to be anal about the Rules of Conduct here (as well as make yourself appear illiterate with your atrocious spelling), I've decided to point a few out to you that perhaps you should heed.

"Games on our site will be treated just as we treat people. Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons." --user on TCoS forums gets banned for religion I believe that title is pretty much an unsubstantiated attack on TCoS.

"We encourage users to report posts that they feel violate these rules, but if you continually report posts without merit, penalties will apply."-- Do I really need to explain this one to you? Gain some maturity, instead of your only defense being "I'm gonna TELL!!!

"It is against our rules to post the personal information of other people without their consent. This includes, but is not limited to, email correspondence, contact information, photographs, financial information and social security numbers. It is to the moderator's discretion to decide whether or not the line has been crossed."--In other words, you might wanna get out of the habit of posting e-mail contents, as those are the main things that seem to get you banned from games, and also make you appear laughable to the rest of us.

Oh, and this is not a personal attack neither, so please refrain from breaking the rule about unmerited reporting. It is just a statement that since you are so fond of holding rules to their exact wording, maybe the rest of us should do so when it pertains to you. It's only fair.

Edit:

I would like to take the time out to appologize to the OP. I am sorry for posting my personal problems here in your thread and for hijacking it . Since the others invovled in my personal problems are unable to apologize for themselves, I will apologize for them. We are sorry for turning this thread into a flame war.-- That's against the rules, too. But, since I'm only replying to the "hijacker", I'm okay.

This discussion has been closed.