Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To All Who Thinks This Game Is Horrible, And to The Ones who Love It

Comments

• kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128

this game really nice and addictive.........

doesn't find anything wrong bout the game........

the game content is huge and there are more maps to travel to

anyways dont think this game is horrible if u haven't play the game

• WylocWyloc Member Posts: 7

loved this game, thank you.

makes a nice change to find something with so many gaming styles really catered for.

keep up the good work.

• wilqwilq Member UncommonPosts: 144
    i wanna give a try for this game.what serv ppl playing it would sugest?
  • Matzone_ROMatzone_RO Member Posts: 2

i will give a try to..

what server is the best for a newebie ?

this game it`s a grind festin ?or u have other things to do ..like.. fishing ,  mining  or    other stuff...thx..
  • sitheussitheus Member Posts: 230

Any of you going to play POTBS. I've been searching for a MMO to play and POTBS will probably the next one I try. I've been reading a lot about  POTBS and I really like the ideas going into the game. I may still try VC till POTBS comes out in June. Both games seem like a fresh alternative to mindless mob grinding and all night dungeon crawlers that has saturated the market.

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by sitheus

Any of you going to play POTBS. I've been searching for a MMO to play and POTBS will probably the next one I try. I've been reading a lot about  POTBS and I really like the ideas going into the game. I may still try VC till POTBS comes out in June. Both games seem like a fresh alternative to mindless mob grinding and all night dungeon crawlers that has saturated the market.
    It would take a lot to lure me away from VC to POTBS but I'm hoping to get into AoC beta.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• kof2003kof2003 Member Posts: 128

well this game is nice in sea battle, trading and hunt down pirates.

but in the same time it lacks of land battle content.

and i think the overall gameplay can be acceptabla and nice

• DrTHDrTH Member Posts: 41
    o and if any1 is in hamburg turn off auto  seek route its the most annoyin bug,  and dont bother bout the company they kinda messd it up
  • BattleshipBattleship Member Posts: 62

I feel overall, this is a very enjoyable and pleasant game to play. However, it does also have its share of graphical and quest bugs and some pretty aweful Engrish translation in some places.  Just keep everything in perspective when you play it and take it for what it is ( a free game) and don't expect anything from IGG. If you can overlook the glitches and blocky character movement you will love the game. But if you are the type of person who expects everything to be perfect or up to par with a p2p game then you will probably not like it.

I recommend you try it out and give it a few honest days of playing before you decide. I quit the first time after about 5 minuters when I saw how characters moved on land. (they run like they have shit in their pants). After about a week, I was bored so I tried it again and got hooked. Now I love the game.

I also highly recommend reading thru the game FAQs and guides before you start so you dont get frustrated with simple tasks.
  • aresiusbraresiusbr Member Posts: 2

I played for a few weeks, it was nice in the beginning, lots of skills and I really enjoyed it, I seriously dont understand how this game have a good rate in the community factor, the first thing I noticed wrong in the game was the lack of talking, sometimes when i was mining or timbering with a lot of plp I risked an "hi" with no response back =p. I joined a guild later and all but in other mmos plp seems to be more comunicative.

When you are at sea you have the choice to attak pirate ships or mercant ships, all of them npcs,  the catch is that if you attak an greek merchant ship for instance, the greek ships will start to atack you, the problem is that you will be attacked by all greek patrol ships and lots of them are much better than your ship, in the other hand if you attak pirates the only ones that attak you are of the same lvl than you. So if you plan to be an infamous pirate and all that *** you will have to play a lot, because this is not possible if you are not a high lvl player,  the game could use this aspects for people to choice their carrers cince the start, there is pirate villages and all the only problem is to be attaked by all the other npc ships...

The battle skills are to few, the land battles arent enjoyable to play, the quests are extremly repetitive, you have 3 kinds of quests to do, the battle quests, the merchant quests, and the adventure quests, it seems a lot to do since there is a few of each kind in each city but then you suddenly reallize that they're all the same...

It isnt that bad for a free game, but you can find better free mmos around, i still dont understand why the game have a good rate but it will low down soon I guess, in my opinion it doesnt deserve to be in the top 7 at all.

• starburst101starburst101 Member Posts: 5
    ran into the same problem with the communication issue. Most of the other players I ran into spoke spanish or another foreign language. Sayin "Hi" is like talking to a brick wall. Not to mention starting out is very difficult. I guess this game is for those into the passive less action games. If your into action fps or rpgs such as flyff, conquer, or any of those this is not for you.. =D
  • Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    I've gotten a few days ago. It's a fun game I must say. But I see what you mean by communication. A lot of people really don't talk back, or they speak a different language. Also aresiusbr , I saw how you said the thing about how people don't talk when your minning or farming, as well as getting timber. Usually people start mining or getting timber, and then go away from the computer or do something else. So they can just do whatever while they get supplies. Besides that, I will say it's fun. I've definitally been having fun as well as playing it with my brother so far. I think it might end up getting boring soon or later. But right now it's alright.

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

• TrojangokuTrojangoku Member Posts: 16
    This game is pretty good :)

Finally a game that doesnt center around killing...lol.

We can build, repair, collect resources and manage our ship.

Love it.
  • r3dbullr3dbull Member Posts: 79
    Originally posted by Trojangoku

This game is pretty good :)

Finally a game that doesnt center around killing...lol.

We can build, repair, collect resources and manage our ship.

Love it.
    Yeah it's a game where u can do other things that just killing mobs or whatever.

And it's quite good that u can leave your char  "afk" doing the job for you like fishing,mining, timbering or fighting. It reduces the time that u have to spend instead of doing things like discovering sparkles or building etc etc while you're in front of the monitor
  • TheSilencerTheSilencer Member Posts: 11

Just offering my support.  This game contains many of the innovations that made Runescape great, though with much better graphics, and ships.

As for the community, you will find many helpful people on the forums.  Most people don't talk while mining/wood cutting because they are not in front of their computer.  Usually I enter a resource gathering state and let it sit for about 15-20 min before returning to finish up.  The only resource gathering that's active is planting.  It is also true that many players are not English speaking because we are talking about the International version of the game.

• deugemietdeugemiet Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Techleo

Morning Donn Its good to see VC has supporters like you I've been playing mmorpgs are long as anyone else on this forums.

In over a decade I've yet to find a mmorpg from america capture quite as many elements as VC has. I've always enjoyed sandbox style mmorpgs. Hrmm on second thought Eve really is the biggest sandbox.. I just like the sea better then space*Shrugs*

Whatever the case may be I support this game and encourage others to try it. Just please go to Donns server! Columbus is stuffed like 100 sardines in a tuna can. Hrmm doesnt lag to badly though. Except the market place in Athens heheh.
    I'm playing mmo's since 10Six...one of the 1th 3d mmo's...i'm napping with eve-online atm.... this is the 2nd time that i play this game...it has a low entrance level...graphics arent that great but there's enough to do and...it's free...
  • ravagerravager Member Posts: 3
    well i tried this game for a few weeks and i dont think its the game for me .its not a bad.not really into pirates or naval battles tho.like i said.not a bad game, just not a game for me.
  • ErecErec Member Posts: 35

LOL I think its funny as hell that people speak diffrent languages.....I mean think about it ...ITS REALISTIC!!!

but i admit frustrating sometimes if your in a damn SEA BATTLE and can not communicate with your group cuz they dont understand GET THESE PIRATES OFF MEE!!!!! (then they watch me die)...which happen to me yesterday ROFL  

its all in good fun

• DubonEngevenDubonEngeven Member Posts: 96

It is refreshing to see so many positive posts, often you get forum trollers who love to bad mouth every game they don't like. I am currently downloading the game and can't wait to try it out.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Having finally experienced that other game, which I thought would blow this one out of the water (no pun intended?) I was only reminded of how good this game is.  Flawed, certainly, but I had fun with VC for a while.  The gameplay was unique and kept me occupied, trying out different ways of playing, trying out different skills, etc.

Sadly for the other seafaring game's devs, who seem to have been putting tons of work into thier game for so long,  it's terrible.  Even if it were free, a simplistic mission grind like that wouldn't draw even a fraction of the player base VC does.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• VermatrixVermatrix Member Posts: 2

I thought VC was a very well made game. The graphics are very good and so is the game it's self. It does have a few bugs that need to be fixed and no one seems to be in much of a hurry to fix them but it's still a good game. One thing that needs to be changed though is the guild system. As it stands right now guilds have the power to eject people from a city which is a huge inconveniance especialy if your doing a task that requires you to go to a city, also they now guilds can use scrolls to change the status of a city from safe to pvp which is just insane. Last time I was there Alexandria was changed to pvp and all the high level peoplewere there attacking every newbie in sight. You can't give people power like that and expect them to not abuse it. It's as if they are trying to give full GM powers to just anyone as long as they are in a guild. Maybe eventually the company will wise up and take that stuff out of the game then it will be worth playing again.

• slyboyslyboy Member Posts: 1

THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• donaldduckdonaldduck Member UncommonPosts: 158

Horrible horrible 'game', its another 'I'll tell you its total junk in beta so scrap it now and save the embarrassment' effort TM

Why did they even bother with this rubbish? Everything is outdated by about 5 years from the graphics and sound to the horrible animations and nonsensical quests.

I really worry about the sanity of some of you guys if you think this is a 'great' game...

• DougallDougall Member Posts: 32

it`s ok just needs more open pvp my level 10 raider is now a taxi and not a pirate ship ,any newbies need to do the 30 milion quest  you can also run many alts and do this quest at the same time just search (30million quest on the main vco site) only need 10 elq and a lev 1 ship to start 

• DougallDougall Member Posts: 32

maybe it was realized five years ago in asia ?