Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta?!?

LILLIPPA328LILLIPPA328 Member Posts: 331
Any1 know if/when theyre releasin the beta for this game?Im so P.O'd about not gettin in the RYL,im looking foward to this beta.

**Like to talk about Video Games?Go to Veiwers Pick Forums...

http://viewerspick.proboards35.com/index.cgi?

Comments

• VixFirthVixFirth Member Posts: 48
    I got one account for RYL from MMORPG.com and another from RYL official websight.  Its a horrible game, you dont want RYL.  But guildwars will be awesome and i wanna get in on some beta!

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

-Vix

-FOR THE HORDE!

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    Above guy is right, your not missing much in RYL. The combat is different and the UI is quite good, but otherwise its full of hackers making pvp impossible and is a pretty empty world. Granted its beta, but until they get a little farther along, playing this game is pointless unless your a hacker.

• Plague_LordPlague_Lord Member Posts: 34

currently its in alpha stage.. but i dont know for how long but i do know its supposed to be released 1 july (thats on mmorpg.com) so open beta will be round 1 june  and closed round 1 may

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Plague_Lord
    currently its in alpha stage.. but i dont know for how long but i do know its supposed to be released 1 july (thats on mmorpg.com) so open beta will be round 1 june and closed round 1 may

MMORPG.com's date of 1st July is a load of rubbish. ArenaNet have onyl said that they will release the game in "2nd half 2004" - July 1st is merely the first day of the 2nd half of 2004.

ArenaNet have also stated that the beta will commence 3-4 months before release. It is now April. If we assume they beta test for the minimum time listed (3 months) and add a month for signups and selecting the testers the earliest currently possible release is in August. If you further take into account that they are unlikely to start a beta test so close to E3 the earliest potential release becomes September/October.

MMORPG.com's "guess" of 1st July is unrealistic and, to be blunt, rather irresponsible. (I believe the same of any other site that is listing a firm date rather than the official release window, such as EB).

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Keep in mind, Arenanet's policy is to launch a game when they beleive that it is ready. They will not release Guild Wars until they are happy with it. The same applies for the beta. When they feel it is ready to go into beta testing they will do so. They will not rush their game because of deadlines.

This is what makes this company so much better than the others. They take are taking their time to produce a quality game.

The July release date is a complete estimate and holds absolutely no water. Just be patient. The longer they take to release their game, the better of a game it will be. And that's what we should care about, the quality of the game, not how fast we can be playing it.

I've been waiting 4 years for a quality MMORPG with no monthly fees to be released, if it's out July 2004 or July 2005 I don' t mind as long as it's good.

Once the beta is out, you can expect it to be several more months before it goes gold, however, only once the beta is released can we make any remotely accurate guesses at when the game will go retail.

• GaileGrayGaileGray ArenaNet Community Mngr.Member Posts: 72

You're right, Tiberiux, we are dedicated to releasing the game only when it is ready. Our parent company, NCsoft, is very supportive of our team, and there is no sense of "deadline" or pressure to release before its time.

As to beta, it will be no surprise to you that ArenaNet will be doing a few things differently with our beta, just as we've done things differently with our design, our development process, our business model (no monthly fee!) and our alpha test. We'll be sure to fill you in on those details when they are finalized, but let's just say I think you'll be pleased.  :)

Gaile Gray
    Community Relations Manager
    ArenaNet
    www.guildwars.com & www.arena.net

Gaile Gray
    ArenaNet

• ChrlyDntSurfChrlyDntSurf Member Posts: 33
    Whats RYL?

• LurpydLurpyd Member Posts: 11

i was a beta tester for AC2, Earth and Beyond, and now City of Heroes, i would love to get a chance to beta test guild wars, how would you go about trying to be able too, ne body know??  Please and Thank you

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

"A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting beside you saying That was Fucking Awesome."

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

It's nice to see that ArenaNet Community Mgrs do come here and help keep us informed.  Such a welcome to see how they keep in touch with the community of mmorpg.

WTG ArenaNet     image

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

Originally posted by GaileGray

You're right, Tiberiux, we are dedicated to releasing the game only when it is ready. Our parent company, NCsoft, is very supportive of our team, and there is no sense of "deadline" or pressure to release before its time.
    As to beta, it will be no surprise to you that ArenaNet will be doing a few things differently with our beta, just as we've done things differently with our design, our development process, our business model (no monthly fee!) and our alpha test. We'll be sure to fill you in on those details when they are finalized, but let's just say I think you'll be pleased.  :)

Gaile Gray
    ArenaNet

I have a feeling its going to be an open beta just from his last line......because what else could they do differently from most other betas that would be a big change than just let everyone in on it, it would be good for load testing...anyone else have any opinions?

Oh also, Gaile, you dont know how much we appricate the fact that you actually come here give us info. This is the first time I have ever recieved info about a game in development straight from the developers, thanks a lot, really makes me feel like I can easily keep up on the game.

• dreignsdreigns Member Posts: 6
    I seconded that I would love to beta test guild wars but what the chance that we all get our dreams :)
    Wanted to beta test City Of Heros but never got in to that been Singed up for long time :( lets hope I get in the last Public Beta round :) !!!!!!

Old Beta Tester
    AC1,AC2,JumpGate,Earth&Beyond,The Saga of Ryzom,Wish,Linage2,Planetside,Eve Oneline,Horizons

Dreigns
    Old Beta Tester -
    AC1,AC2,JumpGate,Earth&Beyound,
    Horizons,Wish,The Saga of Ryzom,
    Lineage II,City Of Heroes

What actually matters when your applying for a beta? In my opinion, I could be wrong, I think that computer specs and your amount of time gaming matter more than experiance, although Im sure some helps.

• LurpydLurpyd Member Posts: 11
    City of heroes is kinda an open beta test.  As long as you preoreder by april 7th you could beta test it.  I love the fact that there are mass amount of people playing at once.  It is giving them a chance to see how their servers are reacting to all of them.  I'm hoping something the same way occurs for GWs.

Yeah planetside did it a similar way, there werent letting many people in on the early beta but then they let in like 10000 people into the later stages of beta for load testing. I think as long as you had a good comp you got in.

Originally posted by ChrlyDntSurf

Originally posted by GaileGray

Gaile Gray
    ArenaNet

I have a feeling its going to be an open beta just from his last line......because what else could they do differently from most other betas that would be a big change than just let everyone in on it, it would be good for load testing...anyone else have any opinions?

Muhahahaha! I was right!!! Well half right at least, not open beta yet, but we still all get to play for a few days!!