Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online 2

noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Just curious as to why this amazing game has not yet been added to the game list? Lot's of fans anticipating its release and original ragnarok is on here. It's forcoming has been around for a while now so it's suprising to see it not on the game list yet. http://www.ragnarok2.co.kr/teaser/index.html

some youtube videos of it for you guys to check out out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veez3WhZeMY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpvm9iX-FJk

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Its rediculous that this game has not been added yet. How could mmorpg.com miss the sequel to the smash hit Ragnarok online?
  • Firebird1Firebird1 Member Posts: 222
    It is still in Development from what I understand. 

Games like RO2 that are in development at an early stage are not listed because many of them are never made.....

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    Originally posted by Firebird1

Games like RO2 that are in development at an early stage are not listed because many of them are never made.....

Not really heh. There are many games in very early development listed on this site and some have been canned. RO is a monster of an mmo in regards to sucsess in asia aswell as good rep here. The devs have already stated the "core game" is complete and the korean beta is begging very soon (or possibly already has , they said late dec , i think it's going to be in jan now though)

Ro2 has been in development for years, and its currently in closed beta in korea, soon to reach open beta. Speculation is that closed beta for NA/EU is somewhere between Q3 2007 and Q1 2008
  • Firebird1Firebird1 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Ro2 has been in development for years, and its currently in closed beta in korea, soon to reach open beta. Speculation is that closed beta for NA/EU is somewhere between Q3 2007 and Q1 2008 That depends on also if the game company has anything to release at all.   Granted there are movies and other images out there, but the company behind the game may not want anything revelent to the game's plot or characters released.

Could be another Anime in the works for RO or something. I don't know.  I'm just Mr Theory here...
    Originally posted by OrlandoShea

looks cool!

Off-Topic: Please click the following link and play this game. If you make me your liege then you will receive a crap load of bonus points. Thanks.
    http://www.warlord-online.com/register.php?recruiter=9
    Stop posting that referal link in every post you make, that crap isn't allowed here.
  • CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440
    please look for my post.  They already had a preview with several player-made movies.

• OrcaOrca Member UncommonPosts: 629

i havent played iRO or anything, but with all these new "mainstream-EZ-mode-i-got-a-life-wannabe" games, i would really like to play a good ol' korean game, that takes guts to be in the top :) I were a Helbreath player, and im proud of it (^_^)

So i really hope that iRO2 will bring back some of the good grinder spirit, along with a decent graphic and PvP gameplay.

Futilez - Mature MMORPG Community

Correcting people since birth.

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128
    I skeptical.

It will probably just be kill 300 mobs here, move here. Kiill 700 here, move to next spot. kill 3000 mobs here, move to next spot.

Look exacrly like sombody the same level as you.. maybe with a different head ala ragnarok.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

You should be skeptical, because you read about a totally different game.  With RO2's leveling equipment system it would be hard for the latter to be true; and with RO2's grouping system, it would be dumb to hunt mobs like you said.

• hanimehanime Member Posts: 34
      www.youtube.com/results <- Latest Beta Movies
  • DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402

Ragnarok 2 is one of the games im not following mainly because when its released i will be playing it.

I played Ragnarok 1 for 2 years before i quit, simply making the game 3d will be enough to get my to give it another chance.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• bouncebounce Member UncommonPosts: 24
    OP, did you mail or pm to the mmorpg.com staff for adding it?

It seriously should be.

from looking at the videos this game is pretty far in development

and i would bet, it's gonna be released
  • FaurFaur Member Posts: 330
    Call me a nub, but I've been trying to find some info and look at these RO2 videos, but I don't see anything in this game that other don't offer.

Don't get me wrong. I played RO1 for quite a bit and enjoyed it. I'm just not seeing any new features in RO2 that would set it apart from like.. flyff or something.

Leveling equipment that can be upgraded into other equipment.  This also opens up thousands of end-game outfit customization that rivals games out for 5+ years.

No Class resctrictions.  Norman can freely switch classes, Ellr use a Magic Stone system, and Dimago has a dynamic skill tree.

More animated emotions then has ever been captured in an mmo.

Unlike FLYFF, it uses WASD controls, swimming, and jumping.

Music done by Yokko Kanno.

Twitch Based PVP combat.

Dynamic quests where you can actually make choices that affects the outcome.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Other than the lolita-complex the graphic-department is suffering from RO2 could be what RO should have been from the start.

Is there any news on planned release?

Originally posted by CleffyII
    (...)
    Music done by Yokko Kanno.
    (...)

Going by the single song on main site its a great choice.
    Q1 2007 in Korea.  So release in the US will most likely be around May.

• hanimehanime Member Posts: 34
    A new 7mins Trailer

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274
    Originally posted by hanime

A new 7mins Trailer

Awesome. Also tons of new screens from korean beta released recently.  [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragnarok2/[/url]
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Its rediculous that this game has not been added yet. How could mmorpg.com miss the sequel to the smash hit Ragnarok online?
    If I'm correct, it's the members that submit games and stuff here. I don't think they take the time to actually find many of them.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos