Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will This Game Ever Get American Forces?

2»

Comments

• TheRebelGenTheRebelGen Member Posts: 103

Guys whoulndt make sense that when a Round ends that the game whould switch to another Tour of duty

like when a Side finishes the war in europe during the intermission it changes over tot he african Campaign with british germans and Italians

then it whould end and you switch to the Russian Front with Russians and Germans

then to the pacific with

Japan and America (NOTE THIS WHOULD ACTUALLY GIVE THE NAVY A REASON TO EXIST)

Then to the italian Campagin with Americans and germans

D-day should be a campagin of its own it whould last a month till either side whould be victories

I mean you dont have to throw in the americans into the current game but it might make it more interesting if the Campaign cycled to different Tour of Duties

• DpedersenDpedersen Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Hey guys.. many conflicting ideas here but since i personaly know a beta tester. The answer to why they dont/wont have americans for A long while is frankly.. IF americans came out everybody would play as them. team balence would become bad and the game would end..

Doesnt sound so bad for a d-day campaign

Germans - 50 (comprised of Mg 42, snipers, and tanks

Americans - 500 (comprised of just an m1 Garand and a 100 ft cliff to run up to)

Casuties 5,000 americans 100 Germans

Now everyone picking americans is just not true The avg player will pick the winning side

In many WWii games i play ppl prefer germans much more and the germans seem to win

Yes well frankly.. Your wrong. A large majority of players will switch over to the americans if they were released and the game would become uneven. Just because the americans ACTUALY outnumbered the germans in real life doesnt meen that they suposed to out number them here. And the campaign map is named after its original game titles which is based on when the germans Blitzed across europe.. Its called BLITZKRIEG
    Put a lock on it, its that simple
  • KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by accpps

Originally posted by Hairog

The Rats will bring in the US when they can afford it.  They will take a chance some where along the line.  Bringing in the US will revitalize the game.  I think they are waiting on finishing their new terrain editor from what I understand.
    Bringing in the US would not be hard at this point.  They all ready have most of the major American equipment in game.  They just have to flesh out the map between Paris and Berlin and bring in a few more pieces of hardware and give the inf the M1 Garand.  Change the helmet on the Brits and there you go.
    Do some more work on the supply lines and strategic options.  Its a fine line they have to walk but I think they can do it.
    The Italian armed forces could be a hoot when they bring them in game.  They had some pretty good equipment from what I understand.  It was just used poorly.
    The timing is the key.  They have to have all their ducks in a row before they make the leap and a developer that can make a contribution in the wings.

The Americans will never be put in.  The M1 Garand can not be allowed for balance reasons.

The Americans might temporaily bring players into the game but they will not stay long when they are in the grass fields all by themselves and that is what will happen.  Where are you going to get all the Axis players that will be needed for that extended front?  The Axis player base feels cheated enough already they will refuse to play under those circumstances.  Further more you add the Americans and you will have to take away the sherman/sherman76 from the French and that would make them unplayable.

The Amercians will never be added.  It would be the worst thing the Rats could do to the game balance wise.

Try to have a little more realistic view on the future of the game.  The most the Rats will be able to do this year will be TOEs and the new naval landing vehicles and possibly the bazooka/panzerfuast inf units.

Fuck that. The M1 Garand WAS imbalanced in the real war, and it should be a great advantage in this great game.

Too many people cry about "balance" when they simply dont realize that a simulation is twenty times the fun of a "game".

If the rat squad cannot update their game due to playerbase issues, then it is time for the game to die. It would be a HUGE waste of a good game, but thats just the way it is.

• accppsaccpps Member Posts: 30

To bad, the M1 is never going to happen.

• danno1984danno1984 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by nakedone

Originally posted by godpuppet

Americans came late in the war... They came just when they realised they couldnt profitize from the situation any longer...

Just in time to save your country, kid.

you could of, SHOULD of come in alot earlier!

infact you need to stop self glorifying about WW2, didnt the USA only come into the war after pearl harbour? only when it affected you did you help out... and even then all you did is drop a nuke rather than fight like men. Claiming you saved Europe its very much wrong, yeah you DID supply us with ammo things like that but you were always reluctant to send troops. England did all the hard fighting not you guys. NOT you guys :)
  • robinorobino Member Posts: 39

Players of WW2OL and potential players of WW2OL should show more mature opinions than we have seen from the ignorance and flame bait we have seen in this thread.

I'm locking this.

• robinorobino Member Posts: 39

Damn - I'm not a mod.  * shrugs *

General Ignorance and Bigotry may continue I suppose.

Ya and the noobs who have never played the game are posting saying stuff like its suposed to be imbalenced.. MY ASS. The rats are trying to make it very balenced.. So I have to ask if your not a full regular player of WW2OL Please stop posting in this thread.
  • KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by robino

Damn - I'm not a mod.  * shrugs *
    General Ignorance and Bigotry may continue I suppose.
    Sick burn.
  • ShinerBochShinerBoch Member Posts: 20
    Wow, damos, godpuppet, you're the two most ignorant people I've ever heard.  We Americans did all the heavy lifting after Operation Torch.  As for coming in late, I guess the Czechs and Poles could say the exact same of England and France!  We didn't profit from Lend-Lease very much, and we sure as heck didn't profit from the Marshall Plan (which I doubt Euro schools even tell you about anymore, considering they must be dumb enough to leave out the American contribution to beating the Nazis and stopping the Communists).  Really, I hear bad things about our education system, but yall's must be 10 times worse.

Yes, I know I mispelled Shiner Bock. Don't blame me, blame society.

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    The real questin should be, "When are they going to add the Swiss?"

Ya and to be honest. It was the Soviets who won the war.. This is blitzkrieg. Its based on the war from 1939-1941 When the germans fought the blitzkrieg, Its german for LIGHTNING WAR. Like seeing polish and soviets and americans and.. swiss Would be cool but its just not gunnu happen.