Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The EVE award for PvE is correct

-Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298
Why is the award correct for EvE winning best PvE?

....because players are the best AI to fight in any environment.

They are smarter.  They are quicker.  They learn how to fight back, and best of all, they cry when they lose.

No monster in any MMORPG can compete against the human factor.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

Comments

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by -Zeno-

They are smarter.  They are quicker.  They learn how to fight back, and best of all, they cry when they lose.

Thats called PVP good sir, not PVE.

"members were asked to consider which game provided them with their favorite monster hunting ->(NPC) <- experience in 2006."

Imo, this is the most rediculous arguement to justify the win of EVE for PVE I have seen so far. "EVE has the best PVE because it has the best PVP!" . whats next? EVE has the best gameplay because it has the best graphics..?

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Hmm i think you got to know what is pvp and what is pve before you are anywhere near qualified to say if the award is correct
  • ACE777ACE777 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    EVE won PvE because there are other things to do than kill rats to level up (in fact, EVE players make fun of this by calling the pirate NPCs rats).  Many people mine, copy blueprints, craft using blueprints, trading, and managing Player Owned Stations.  There is more to EVE than its great PvP, there is also a complex dynamic economy, which for many players is the main reason they play, not PvP.

"Kaneda! What...do you see?"

• PullmanPullman Member Posts: 7

Hahahahaha
  • TsollessTsolless Member Posts: 448
    Yes rats! Real great PVP there. And that is PVP I am thinking? And besides that I don't feel liking playing against people that cry when they lose. I wouldn't go to a Kindergarten School to play would I? Nope.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

The meaning of PvE is Player vs Environment.  It is commonly referred to players fighting against NPCs i.e., the environment around them.  You have mistaken PvE for PvP.  Please see the definition of PvE located here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_versus_player

Fourth topic down

I love EVE.  I been with the game since beta phase 2 (Jan of 2003) but I have to say EVE is not a PvE game.

Nor should it have won every award. Something seriously got fubared there.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.