Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it me or does the new color scheme make your eyes blurred

I don't know about anyone else but as I go thru the game list, as I look at the center of the screen my periphrial vision above and below seems to blur. After a while I can't even stay on this site for too long. Everything seems to go blurry after too long.

Does anyone else seem to have this problem?

Comments

• RubyRuby Member Posts: 3

Just when I thought the site wouldn't or couldn't get worse after deciding to permit the advertising of gold selling etc they go and change the skin to this awful train wreck - to be contrustive id say you cant tell where the advertising stops and the possibly interesting stuff begins - the logo is far too simple for want of a better word and those god awful fonts and/or colours (havent decided what makes it so bad yet) just give me a headache.

Thankfully they got rid of those kiddy like tabs now all they have to do is restore the old skin and the old logo and stop advertising sites that ruin online gaming and I'll be happy;

Oh and before I forget Im not in the slightest bit interested in those who will try to flame me for my opinion I am entitled to have that opinion and air it in a manner that does not infringe the forum rules here and I believe I have done that. Yes this is my first post and likely to be my last - no I am not hiding no I do not have any other forum names here I simply refuse to be part of a community  that actively supports that which in my opinion ruins gaming.

I do apologise to the thread starter if those who are about to start a flame fest take your thread off topic it is a valid topic and as such perhaps I shouldnt have mentioned my other issues on it.

Ruby

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    To address some of your issues:

- The font is pretty unchanged from before. It was made a tad larger in a few areas, due to popular request.

- The logo is what was desired. Simple wordmark with a bit of style. The old logo was far too rendered to practical use except on a dark background... and not really well suited for print at all.

- The old skin will be appearing in the next few weeks, but the old logo will not be.

For readability (is that a word?), do you find that the site doesn't have enough contrast in it's current form or too much? (if you do, what are you viewing the site with? LCD or CRT?) Are there specific areas that you find hard to read? Or do you think that there should be more varience in link/header colors?

We do appreciate feedback, and are trying our best to incorporate the majority opinions so most of our existing users can enjoy our site.
  • havocthefirshavocthefirs Member Posts: 229
    Originally posted by skywisenight

To address some of your issues:

- The font is pretty unchanged from before. It was made a tad larger in a few areas, due to popular request.

- The logo is what was desired. Simple wordmark with a bit of style. The old logo was far too rendered to practical use except on a dark background... and not really well suited for print at all.

- The old skin will be appearing in the next few weeks, but the old logo will not be.

For readability (is that a word?), do you find that the site doesn't have enough contrast in it's current form or too much? (if you do, what are you viewing the site with? LCD or CRT?) Are there specific areas that you find hard to read? Or do you think that there should be more varience in link/header colors?

We do appreciate feedback, and are trying our best to incorporate the majority opinions so most of our existing users can enjoy our site.
       I think it's the black backround when your looking at the game list. If you notice the black backround on the forums when your writing as I am now is a deeper and much more solid backround, while on the game list its not nearly as deep or dark. If while on the game list or in the forums as your looking at the titles you look at the center of the screen its seems to almost give you a tunnel vision effect, everything seems to go fuzzy around your perifieral vision.
  • bouncebounce Member UncommonPosts: 24
    extreme contrast like white on pitch-black background is never good on the eyes

best readability and eye-comfort is always achieved by reading dark text on light

background...if you can't have that, at least the contrast should be somewhat reduced,

especially no black background
  • skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348
    Originally posted by bounce

extreme contrast like white on pitch-black background is never good on the eyes

best readability and eye-comfort is always achieved by reading dark text on light

background...if you can't have that, at least the contrast should be somewhat reduced,

especially no black background
    This is all true... and we have been tweaking the colors as needed.

There will be a black text on a light background theme coming down the pipe.  There are a few things we are doing first, like a legacy theme, but it is coming.  There is a very good chance that the white text you see now will become a very light grey and the background less dark.