Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok all, saddly, time to move on

Kram59Kram59 Member Posts: 153

I was waiting for a long time and very pumped about this game comming out. It's over guys... Time to move on. This game is history. Let it go. I have preordered City of Heros, simply to try out a totaly new genre. Time to look at WoW or EQ2  They are the ones to play now. image

Hope to see you out there in the gamming world soon enough.

King of the world

King of the world

Comments

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Funny you say this. CoH sucks. That is just. Ever beta tester I have talked to has cancelled their preorder and said that it was not fun. I hope you enjoy the pretty box art though!

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

Stay happy!  There has been no cancellation of UXO and EA has transfered devs from other games to start it up again.  The game was almost at beta (so i hear) when the devs left and there's nothing wrong with that.  If you take a look at the WoW beta forums you will see a lot of the same complaints about other mmorpgs--same questing, walking takes too long, boring fighting style etc.  While obviously not everyone agrees with these, and many other well known complaints about mmorpgs, that's okay; but uxo specifically addresses many of these issues with innovative new play features.  I know, blah blah what's your point?

My point is that EA KNOWS this game will appeal to a huge player base, and even if the game comes out 3 months late, it will still appeal to a huge player base, even if the game comes out a year late it will have appeal.  Sorry for the run-on sentences :)

Have a great day everybody!

The Beez

PS: In the mean time, of course, I will be playing other games to get my fix, as I'm sure so will many others, but that's no reason to not look ahead to a really great game!

• Nmbr6Nmbr6 Member Posts: 73

I guess we will have to see when the beta comes out, until we can play other mmorpgs. By the way, CoH really sucks, my aunt that works for prima(they have beta) says the game really is just a fansty mmorpg(everquest) clone with mages and warriors with superpowers. No villians, weak pvp.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own!
    UXO guild-http://scottishguardians.guildwizard.com

--------------------
    "Those who sacrifice liberty in the name of security deserve neither"- Ben Franklin

"Unlike me, many of you have accepted the situation of your imprisonment and will die here like rotten cabbages."- Number Six's speech from "Free for All"

• Kram59Kram59 Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by Kiamde

Funny you say this. CoH sucks. That is just. Ever beta tester I have talked to has cancelled their preorder and said that it was not fun. I hope you enjoy the pretty box art though!
    imageKiamdeimage

King of the world

King of the world

• Kram59Kram59 Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by Kiamde

imageKiamdeimage
    Opps sorry for quote post. Well., Kiamde, you might be right. Wont be the first time I took a chance and preordered. (Horizons) + the book.... Oh well, we shall see. I beta test and constantly look for the game to suck me in but haven't found it yet.  Odyssey really had my hopes up. I was telling everyone that this was the game that was addressing all the negitives in online gamming and was going to improve on it.. Beta tested the one that started it all (Meridian59) and played EQ and Camelot for two years each. Camelot was GREAT game I had 6 level 50 toons and two Grandmaster crafters and simply grew tired of the game. Anyway I hope I am wrong. :) I am not closed minded about it just a bit sceptical

King of the world

King of the world

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

Quit posting

imageKiamdeimage

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman