Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow should be baned

Comments

• ThelastwaaghThelastwaagh Member Posts: 92

You want to ban wow because bizzard made it too addicting?  All bizzards games have been addicting ,starcraft, diablo, warcraft.

You know if you dont want to you dont have to play it.   Also why  do you think they what people to waste years playing wow.......

MONEY

and theres nothing wrong with that

if you are wasting years on the game then apperently you dont have something better you could be doing or are just to mentally weak to stop.

People buy games so that they can be "dragged down" the whole point of the game is for it to be absorbing.

-for the overmind.

• tikitiki Member Posts: 395
    yay for sensorship!

East Carolina University, Computer Science BS, 2011
    --------------------
    Current game: DAOC

Games played and quit: L2, PlanetSide, RF Online, GuildWars, SWG, COH/COV, Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW, WW2 Online, FFXI, Auto-Assault, EVE Online, ShadowBane, RYL, Rappelz, Last Chaos, Myst Online, POTBS, EQ2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Aion, Champions Online, Star Trek Online, Allods, Darkfall.

Waiting on: Earthrise

Names: Citio, Goldie, Sportacus

• AndoraeAndorae Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Thelastwaagh

You want to ban wow because bizzard made it too addicting?  All bizzards games have been addicting ,starcraft, diablo, warcraft.
    You know if you dont want to you dont have to play it.   Also why  do you think they what people to waste years playing wow.......
    MONEY
    and theres nothing wrong with that
    if you are wasting years on the game then apperently you dont have something better you could be doing or are just to mentally weak to stop.
    People buy games so that they can be "dragged down" the whole point of the game is for it to be absorbing.

People buy games so they can be Entertained, not dragged down.

and the point of the game is for it to be FUN.
  • TanokTanok Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by kotz

I have playd wow for quite some time done everything u can do...
    Now i realise that wow realy is the worst game ever ive playd, even worse than starwars galaxies...
    If i get into specific detalis about why wow is so bad and should be baned from the market i could go on for ages, but there is one main thing.
    They are lying to everyone, giving us false information, their website isnt up to date (i know) ,
    Kids are getting adicted to this crap, for what? waisting years on this shit...
    There should be a law against this...
    Its obvious that blizz is using players minds to play this, many are having problems leaving wow because blizz is manipulationg them....
    Realy blizz should be infront of the judge and explain why they are manipulation ppl to waitse thier lives on this...
    They are draging down ppl on porpuse, there must be a law against his, when its so obvious
    While I completly agree with you, that WoW is a bad thing, you can't ban it just like that.

People have the right to waste their life on a game, the only thing you can do is try to convince them not to.

However, why would you even bother about people that decide they want to waste their life on that? They are not worth it.
  • StereotaxicStereotaxic Member Posts: 18
    This is like saying McDonalds should be banned because people get fat from it. Parents should be responsible to watch what their kids are doing, and that includes what they are doing on the internet. Don't blame Blizzard, who is in business, to make money, like everyone else would like to do. They have made a product, which people like. It is your responsibility, if you get addicted to it, and parents who don't want their kids, and what they do, are irresponsible parents, who shouldn't have kids. You cant stop everything kids do, but at least try and be involved in what they do. WoW is not bad. It's a video game, like others, except you interact with other people from around the world. You can get just as addicted from playing Super Mario brother's on your NES.

To sum it all up, to say WoW should be banned, is utterly stupid and narrow minded. It holds no water as an argument. If it did, alcohol, and cigarettes would have been banned long ago.
  • AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    Not to sound rude but does no one understand that you cannot get people to listen to you by insulting or using rude words all the time? If this discussion was truly mature it would not have a negative attitude towards the op, and it just looks arrogant to me. This is not about whos right and wrong here its just about the op's opinion if you want him or her to actually follow what you say your going to have to find better words in the dictionary.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Whoa. Someone catch this dude before he kills more people.

If the OP wants to be taken seriously, perhaps he should write coherently with less psychotic babbling.
    And the crap people are throwing out to the op isnt? The op is not as bad as you all are trying to assume, it looks to me most here are just upset because he disagree's with your game. I do not see people in rl acting immature over a disagreement over music. Honestly how do we know blizzard does not do certain things to keep players playing or even getting addicted, for instance maybe they like to nerf stuff to get you to reroll. Im not saying its true I hardly believe wow is as addicting as eq1 was for me.
  • S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366
    Well, I quit WOW right after new year. Reason was the bad customer support I got from Blizzard. They where only listening to the crowd, and not to me. So they lost their monthly 12$ money from me, which is bad for them, even tho they got a grip around way too many customers.
  • thetankthetank Member Posts: 200

Hi WoW haters.

This is a message from a large amount of WoW players!!

And it's the following...

We dont give a s*** about what u guys think or dont think about the game we love to play!!!

Why dont u guys just leave our forum alone??

Peace.Love.Friend.Se

• Oph8Oph8 Member Posts: 177
    Kotz, the only thing that should be banned is your english.

"Everything is mine and your woman too"

You want to know whats funny? This is mmorpg forum so go claim it off the website bud no offense. Also note grammer police think there gods of english, yes language is important but get a grip and who gives a crap how someone else spells you ego maniac.
  • NooblordNooblord Member Posts: 202
    Originally posted by Angelbound

You want to know whats funny? This is mmorpg forum so go claim it off the website bud no offense. Also note grammer police think there gods of english, yes language is important but get a grip and who gives a crap how someone else spells you ego maniac.
    Do you want to know what's funny? This is an MMORPG forum (gibberish, can't translate). Also a note to the grammar police who think they're the Gods of English; Yes, language is important, but get a grip. Who gives a crap how someone else spells you egotistical maniac?

Sorry I couldn't resist.... (This forum even has a spell checker)

image .............image

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by Angelbound

You want to know whats funny? This is mmorpg forum so go claim it off the website bud no offense. Blah blah blah

Am I suppose to claim my luggage off the website? No kidding, sherlock. Its at the airport.
  • LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    This topic is really funny imho...

The OP comes into a forum to whine about Blizzard for "MAKING" him play WoW. Absolutely no one told you to play anything in the first place, and because you didn't have the will power to resist you come here a flame the game. I mean come on, you can get addicted to almost anything. Coffee for example...should the government ban coffee? If they did I'm sure half of Earth's population would drop down dead from lack of energy. Now, because YOU don't like WoW anymore, they should ban it? If the game is so bad why did you play for so long. The problem with you is that the novelty has worn off and as a result you're telling Blizzard where to go to. That's pretty sad.

At the person who says the majority of the 6 million accounts in China are gold farmers...you do realize that the gold farmers need customers. If so many people playing are gold farmers, and they obviously won't buy from each other, who then is buying their gold? There must be a very large amount of people playing in order to sustain SO many gold farmers don't you think? Plus...the majority of players don't even buy gold from farmers, so your figures are seriously in need of some adjustment
  • fyrsprayfyrspray Member Posts: 12
    #1. I do kinda agree with WoW suckin but it's not as bad as you make it sound.... if kids want to escape this shitty excuse of a reality then go for it, better than doin drugs n shiz....

#2. spell check

as I raise my sword,
    I call to the horde,
    and make a single pledge.

that though they have many,
    their blades are heavy,
    and carry a double edge.

• wally1wally1 Member Posts: 7

Go on yeh ledgend

• ianmccianmcc Member Posts: 38

omg u r off ur rocker

every mmorpg is considered "addictive" but wow is mentioned more in the media bcoz it has an incredabley large ammount of players. and how is it the worst game ever if it is addictive, they wouldnt b addicted if it was the crappest game ever! and if wow should be banned for being addictive and harmful then so should tv, fast food outlets, junk food, smoking, alcohol the list is endless! so if ur planning on sueing blizzard for money (if thats your game) then there are some more things you could sue for money.  maybe you should learn from the people who are addicted, dnt let urself get like that.

honoustly u make blizzard sound like they are planning to take over the world lmao

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

there must be a law against this
    Are you a Fascist?

It's a kids game. Kids like to play games. You seem like a very controlling person.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

• atkafighteratkafighter Member Posts: 71
    Well I don't play WoW and I don't plan to, but I think wasting time on passing laws on something as stupid as WoW is... well... stupid.  Kids beg their parents for the money to play the game, and its up to the parents if they want their child glued to the computer all day.  If they wanted their kids to achieve something in life they would encourage them to do something else.  I only play free MMOs, and most of them aren't too addictive.  As for adults hooked to the game, well they should be able to control themselves.  WoW has somewhat like an iPod effect on the MMO market.  Is it the best?  Not really.  But everybody is doing it?  Ok count me in!  I never understood why WoW is so popular, but that is another discussion for another day.

Anyway legislation against a game is just idiotic.
  • runedragonrunedragon Member UncommonPosts: 57
    If you have an addictive nature you are damned.... its a game, its meant to be fun.... If it is interfering with real life things then seek advice..get help...... OP sounds like you need help..
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

I have playd wow for quite some time done everything u can do...
    Now i realise that wow realy is the worst game ever ive playd, even worse than starwars galaxies...
    If i get into specific detalis about why wow is so bad and should be baned from the market i could go on for ages, but there is one main thing.
    They are lying to everyone, giving us false information, their website isnt up to date (i know) ,
    Kids are getting adicted to this crap, for what? waisting years on this shit...
    There should be a law against this...
    Its obvious that blizz is using players minds to play this, many are having problems leaving wow because blizz is manipulationg them....
    Realy blizz should be infront of the judge and explain why they are manipulation ppl to waitse thier lives on this...
    They are draging down ppl on porpuse, there must be a law against his, when its so obvious
     I give this post a 10 out of 10 on the comedy scale.
  • mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310
    This post has changed my life, I'm going to give up MMO and start smoking, shooting up and roaming the streets causing violence against others.

Thanks for the post and lock your doors.

Disclaimer;
    I have no intentions of quitting MMOs or using harmful substances or committing crimes. this has to be the stupidest 2nd post in the history of this site.
  • AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844
    uv created the best guild in the world downing all bosses first? i think not..

uv cleared all raid instances in outlands? i think not..

uv leveled every class to level 70? i think not..

the list goes on.. u see, dont claim to have done everything there is to do in a game coz there is always more!
  • FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303
    I give this post a 10 out of 10 on the comedy scale.
    What's truly hilarious are the number of people taking the OP seriously.