Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow should be baned

Comments

• samanthaxsamanthax Member Posts: 46

i think you have to know  that when you are playing a game you are just using  you're free time in a fun way..   

like I've said it is up to you if you want to do it??

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Originally posted by coffee

kk so you played the game to lvl 60 and I guess you had a good time else you would of quit right? ok so you got to 60 decided theres nothing at endgame you enjoy so instead of just quitting and remembering the good times you had from 1-60, you just bad mouth the game, no 1 forces you to play... you play a game if you enjoy it, as soon the a game becomes a bore you quit and move on.
    I think sometimes people get upset that they put time and effort into getting to 60, expecting the game to get better, and then it doesnt.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by kotz

I have playd wow for quite some time done everything u can do...
    Now i realise that wow realy is the worst game ever ive playd, even worse than starwars galaxies...

so ur saying u played even though u knew it sucked? are u stupid or sumthing
  • nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

OP, you're referring to the addiction. And yes agreed I've seen many stories of people addicted. But, why do you think it should be banned? Are addictive things usually banned? Not usually.( although it is an intriguing subject if thought into more) Blizzard has provided some means to help the players(parental control), and it is up to the player to realize he is addicted.

• FruityFunCakFruityFunCak Member Posts: 8

Now i realise that wow realy is the worst game ever ive playd, even worse than starwars galaxies...
    If i get into specific detalis about why wow is so bad and should be baned from the market i could go on for ages, but there is one main thing.
    They are lying to everyone, giving us false information, their website isnt up to date (i know) ,
    Kids are getting adicted to this crap, for what? waisting years on this shit...
    There should be a law against this...
    Its obvious that blizz is using players minds to play this, many are having problems leaving wow because blizz is manipulationg them....
    Realy blizz should be infront of the judge and explain why they are manipulation ppl to waitse thier lives on this...
    They are draging down ppl on porpuse, there must be a law against his, when its so obvious

First off, Your an idiot. If kids where not playing WoW they would be watching TV which in many ways is worse. Atleast in WoW they are working toward goals solving problems and talking to people. Playing Video Games developes the brain too.

Second, Star Wars Galaxy was an amazing game and to use the Phrase "Even Worse Than Star Wars Galazies" is sacralegious. God created SWG to be perfect and you cannot question god. Its not Gods fault Sony screwed the game over and neglects its customers.

• wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

If i get into specific detalis about why wow is so bad and should be baned from the market i could go on for ages, but there is one main thing.
    They are lying to everyone, giving us false information, their website isnt up to date (i know) ,
    Its obvious that blizz is using players minds to play this, many are having problems leaving wow because blizz is manipulationg them....
    Realy blizz should be infront of the judge and explain why they are manipulation ppl to waitse thier lives on this...
    They are draging down ppl on porpuse, there must be a law against his, when its so obvious

And every T.V. set made since 1982 has secretly been equiped with hidden microphones and cameras so the goverment could spy on us. /sarcasm off

Sure it can be addicting to some extent but like everything else addicting its up to the user to be responcable for there actions,

LoL seriously take the tin foil hat off go out and breathe some fresh air

• NevarionNevarion Member Posts: 274
    Kotz you employ a serious fatalistic point of view. As much I do agree with that there are issues in the genre itself or rather with the persons unable to deal with such games in a healthy way, it's not exclusive to WoW in any way.

Ahh and about lying, well, they cannot in even one century beat SomeOnE else

Either way your post reminds me somewhat of American Dad and the Yellow Alert Level scene...
  • demonkaze1demonkaze1 Member Posts: 11
    I  don't know what it is but i feel pushed into playing WoW because the amount of people

that play this game, i hate this game with a passion but i still keep getting drawn towards it.

In short it's not Blizzards fault that so many people are oblivious to the truth that WoW is

nothing more than a subpar MMO created for a casual user.
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508
    Originally posted by swede2

Originally posted by Volkmar

mmmh, no 1.5 mils are europeans and 2 mils are north americans. rest are from the rest of the world, including china, korea, taiwan, australia, nz and who knows what else.

why do you care how much chinese people pay for wow? have you ever thought how much money an average chinese worker do in a month? no? so why you bother?

wait a moment... you FARMED wow from level 1 to 60 without doing a quest?? geez, you basically jumped over the best part of the game, good job! but i guess to each his own. still, you played the game for 148 days and you whine about it? usually i can't last a week on a game i do not like....

Well volkmar i was a rogue and if you played one in WOW you would know that most quest didnt have a reward for rogue's . they mostly all had mail , cloth or plate rewards why would i do them

Yes i farmed my way to 60 and in that time i bought about 40 other players there mounts about 25 of them before i even turned 40 myself.  Bought 5 other players there epic mounts 2 before i was even 60 You go ahead and do the quests if you like them personally i didnt find them worth the time they took And they sure as hell where not fun i did i few never did so much pointless flying around go here talk to x , turn around fly back talk to y,  ya oh thats so fun lol

so in the time it took you to do most quest's that paid you what 45 silver or even 2 or 3 gold , I could farm 300 gold easy and the XP when i want to gain a level i did it by grinding and once again i did it in a fraction of the time you would questing

Oh and i actually played my rogue for about 258 days before i deleted her , because i also did the grand marshal grind lol so before you try and put me down again all tell you. Am 44 years old i have a 500,000 house paid for and enough money in cash and stocks and bonds to live quite happy for the rest of my life So pretty much i can do what i want, when i want lol

I play WoW and also have a rogue. There are alot of quests that give rogue specific gear as rewards. And the ones that dont I just grab something at random and sell it off. A heck of alot of money alot quicker.

Kai
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Looks like some people have been playing WoW like it's your typical mob grinder, then come complain about the lack of content. It's kind of hilarious. Others do raise some really valid issues regarding ranking in PvP. I hope this issue is resolved in the expansion, but it's hard to tell at this point and until the servers reach an equilibrium.

Regarding the OP, I like it how some people make an art out of over-generalisation. Say if I had a bad experience with a woman, would I want to lock the lot of them in a high tower. Because you know, sex can be addictive too! In fact, I'm not sure if I can find words to describe how disturbed the opinions expressed in that post are.

At this point I kind of question my own sanity replying to this thread.
  • wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by demonkaze1

I  don't know what it is but i feel pushed into playing WoW because the amount of people

that play this game, i hate this game with a passion but i still keep getting drawn towards it.

In short it's not Blizzards fault that so many people are oblivious to the truth that WoW is

nothing more than a subpar MMO created for a casual user.

Perhaphs its more like WoW brought a casual MMO to Millions of people who prefer a casual friendly game. Take that one step futher its not the fault of the millions that enjoy wow that a jaded minority of "hardcore" gamers don't realise that there just that a minority.  And there will most likely never be a game that has what they like draw in millions like WoW has. There will never be a hardcore game sweep in the numbers like WoW for one reason. Majority = casual. Thats why there are so many bitter harcore. There lonley playing there lil niche games with baren populations. They hunger for the weak casual player to feed off of. The casual player left town for the greener pastures of WoW and the harcore are left to feed upon each other.  In there despair they have the echoes of there former glory to keep them holding on. But one echoe haunts them above all others "you have no skill noob! Go find a carebear game to play if you can't handle it."

• TaniquetilTaniquetil Member Posts: 214

Awwwwww , what's the matter honey? did poor booboo get pwned? Go get mummy to kiss it better and stop whining
  • Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

The guy has obviously got a good point. Children should be enjoying their time being young it's the frikkin best bit of ever1's life. After that you go college, get married, kids and it all lands on you like a tonne of bricks. Children shouldn't be wasting their lives being addicted.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• LethanderLethander Member Posts: 54

Wow where to start.

ok ok first Kotz, the only thing I can suggest to you is to go join an ahmish community seeing as electronical devices all have a tendancy to pull people into some form of habitual tendancies.

Now, Swed wow just wow man 148 days to get to level 60 grinding I think you have to be the greatest wow moron i've ever read any form of illiteration from. I'm a single father of two children, I also work full time with some overtime on occasion. So needless to say I am what you would concider a casual gamer. My first character in wow took me 18 days played, which roughtly translated into around 2 and a half months had a few weeks where I had more time to play in there when the ex had the kids for visitation. My second character took me 8 days played was nothing. You chose to grind on monsters because you found questing boring  and whacking the same mob over and over and over and over wasn't? Espectially when you actually can level quicker by completing quests while your grinding. You stated that there were no quest rewards for your class ? My question would be how would you know that without doing all the quests in the game? If you wanted to make money then it would have been in your best interest to level up quickly seeing as its much easier to make money at lvl 60 then it is at lvl 10. There are just to many holes in all of your statements to be anything that would carry any weight.

So all in all I call BS on Kotz and Swed's posts, Swed has a 500,000 dollar home. Thumbs up to you having all that free time on your hands. Personally I choose not to beleive a word that you typed instead I am going to make assumptions based on the flagerant information that you've fed us.

You did not level your own toon to lvl 60 you purchased it from someone else and are now complaining because its boring. It is probably boring partly because anyone who's grouped with you has kicked you out of their groups as soon as they realized you didn't have a clue how to play your class. But I think even this is giving you to much credit I feel.

More than likely you've had five or six toons none of which you've ever gotten higher then 30 without getting the itch to try something else. That or you are just not mentatly capable enough to understand the simple game mechanics to a degree that you can actually level a toon to 60.

The only other possibility is that your just a plain old drama queen came here to make stuff up so you can watch the flames roll in.

• MoarDotsMoarDots Member Posts: 40
    looks like someone can't play WoW anymore :P.

It's the same with every game..honestly..WoW just happens to be a tad bit more popular than other games, thus you see more cases with them. It's the problem with the players who can't control themselves.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    Lethander, it took me like 20 /played days to get to 60 because I always stopped to play all the brackets at (number)9 for a while(like a ranging from a month to  a few weeks) and i'm up to really high honor.  I'm not a noob, I just like to PvP and didn't want to get rusty.

Edit; And I really, REALLY didn't want to go up against those guys in all epics because it's like fighting twinks in the 20-29 bracket..

• SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182

I think someone is upset 'cuz mommy told them they couldn't play WoW anymore... 
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by FruityFunCak

First off, Your an idiot. If kids where not playing WoW they would be watching TV which in many ways is worse. Atleast in WoW they are working toward goals solving problems and talking to people. Playing Video Games developes the brain too.

Second, Star Wars Galaxy was an amazing game and to use the Phrase "Even Worse Than Star Wars Galazies" is sacralegious. God created SWG to be perfect and you cannot question god. Its not Gods fault Sony screwed the game over and neglects its customers.

Exactly.     The computer + WoW = Best Babysitter On the Planet

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• mcushi2mcushi2 Member Posts: 4
    after awhile I got really tired of playing WoW.  The community just seems to be getting worse and worse.  I didn't even bother with the expansion pack.  I'm gonna go try out Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.  I know its got some bugs, but what launch game these days doesn't.
  • FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303
    I truly hope and pray that everyone who appears to be taking the OP seriously is just playing along ...
  • BlueOcean23BlueOcean23 Member Posts: 5

It's called a TIME SINK retard. Every MMO has them. To keep you playing.....and paying. This post has to either be a joke, or someone who is mad about something that went wrong in WoW for them. Blizzard is not putting subliminal messages into the game to keep you playing lol. Just get up off your ass and go outside, limit your game time, do whats fun for you. Go play your XBOX if you can't handle an MMO, Or maybe they are putting subliminal messages in those games too.....

The only certainty in life is death

• JustFinchJustFinch Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by destro3979

ya blizz does lie alot to pull people in
    1 funny thing i noticed was the stickers on the boxes at best buy
    1 said 5 million players!

another said 6 Million players!

those 2 were in the very back

but 2... right next to each other said 7million and 8 million

hmmm....
    Best Buy has to rotate stock, leaving the oldest product in the front and the newest in the back. That's why. GG n00b.
  • AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437

Actually violent games can enchance unhealthy thoughts and emotions, there has been studys on people when they might play something like doom or a war game and releases something in the brain, now I forgot exactly what it was but I saw it on the science channel. And im not trying to be rude, but then again wow isnt as bad as most games and it has a nice harmless cartoony look and staying in third person view reminds you its just a game.

But a young mind growing up watching violent films and playing violent video games will deffinatly cause the young mind to have violent thoughts as they get older but it is something that can go away. When your young you are much more receptive and there is no doubt that society and entertainment will change you.

On top of that hardly anyone in here has given anything constructive to the op, all you are doing is taking offense and throwing out insults everyone has a right to there opinion, you dont know him maybe he just had a worse experience then most wow players, if its just a game to you then why are you being so offensive?

• AndoraeAndorae Member Posts: 103
    Playing a violent game like wow, if that can even be called violent, can NOT affect you as a person and start making you kill people and shit.

what makes people kill people is because your parents raised you the wrong way, if your parents raise you in a way teaching you to NOT kill people and respect other people you wont start killing people in real life just because you played a violent game where you killed some guys or aliens.

and mentally isntable people should NOT be allowed to play at all either, those are in the danger zone most of everyone because they arent stable in their mind, duh.
  • AngelboundAngelbound Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,437
    I never said wow was really violent, if you actually read my post I said it has that harmless cartoony third person game play. And violence with or without guidence will be absorbed into your brain as a child maybe not all of it but some of it, kids are just more receptive yes parents have to reaise them correctly, but you sure as hell dont go show your kid a porno at the age of 5 then why would you show them a bloody game such as doom?