Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

After WOW?

Which features the next game of Blizzard after World of Warcraft will have?

Just give creative anticipations.

Comments

• JizhakJizhak Member Posts: 47
    What makes you think that they will make another game ever again.

Warcraft is huge, so huge that it drains Blizzards all forces to keep it going.  Besides they have not make a single mention about any other game in progress. Check blizzard.com's press releases.
  • TahamtanTahamtan Member Posts: 232
    Originally posted by Jizhak

Warcraft is huge, so huge that it drains Blizzards all forces to keep it going.  Besides they have not make a single mention about any other game in progress. Check blizzard.com's press releases.

Why do you think so short term?

Obviousely they will think of another game. WOW is very successful and they have the systems for maintaining and improving that and it is time for next game.

I think one option will be a virtual reality Game that makes a revolution in game industry.

• LionexxLionexx Member UncommonPosts: 680
    Originally posted by Tahamtan

Obviousely they will think of another game. WOW is very successful and they have the systems for maintaining and improving that and it is time for next game.

I think one option will be a virtual reality Game that makes a revolution in game industry.

They made it clear they are not a MMO compney and they will keep up on SC Diablo and Warcraft.

I don't think they will make another MMO soon :O

Playing: Everthing
    Played: DAoC,AC2,EvE,SWG,WAR,MXO,CoX,EQ2,L2,LOTRO,SB,UO,WoW.
    I have played every MMO that has ever come out.

• JizhakJizhak Member Posts: 47

Short term?

I think what I say is true at least for 3-5 years from now. I'm truly astonished if Blizzard manages to release anything significant (non-WoW) before 2010.
  • grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102
    Its quite obvious that as soon as blizzard start working on something else WoW will decline and they know this. In order to start a new project they would have to start by diverting the developers that have gained experience on WoW leaving n00b developers to chuck out smaller crapper expansions. People would leave as you can hit 60 in 2 weeks and no new content was coming in.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Short term?

I think what I say is true at least for 3-5 years from now. I'm truly astonished if Blizzard manages to release anything significant (non-WoW) before 2010.

I think a huge company like Blizzard always has plans for at least its next 5 years and is working now on them, but they just don't announce it because of their competitors.
  • DeathpooperDeathpooper Member Posts: 265
    As long as WoW brings huge amount of money, there is no need for another game.
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

WoW is a huge drain on Blizzards resources.

To keep WoW running it requires the sacrifice of hundreds of devs, babies and kittens each year.

O_o o_O

• TonarazTonaraz Member Posts: 55
    Look at all the things Wow has done Starcraft ghost is now gone let alone a starcraft 2,  the warcraft series is now taken up by world of warcraft, and diablo doesnt even have admins stopping people from hacking. Blizzard should just change its name to Wow.inc.
  • headwound23headwound23 Member Posts: 19
        I don't see Blizzard staying as a one trick pony.  I agree with Tahamtan.  I'm sure they are working on some new projects but won't release much if any information on them for a while.  Keeping competitors in the dark for as long as possible is always a good thing imo.  I'm betting on a new RTS game as their next project.  But as soon as WoW starts to lose its luster and declines in membership Blizzard will already have a new MMO on the drawing board and ready to develop.  I'm sure they realized how much money can be made in this MMO arena and they won't want to leave it anytime soon.
  • FugnudzFugnudz Member Posts: 480

While I agree with other posters that WOW is so sucessful, it makes more sense to squeeze that game a little long, I would like to see Blizzard develop a more serious-themed game (i.e., none of the joke pop references like you see in WOW).  Maybe a game based upon the grim world of Diablo might be pretty cool.

Heck, they could even deviate and do a Sci-Fi game.  I have no doubt Blizzard will be successful with their approach to keeping a game basic, easy-to-play, and well-polished.

• LordSlaterLordSlater Member Posts: 2,087
    Who knows they may even make a good game now that is an inovative idea for Blizzard.

• ursadursad Member Posts: 39
    Well i hope Blizzard will bring out another RTS or a MMORPG. Blizzard was good at making sifi games so i would like too see a sifi MMORPG from them but many new sifi games are coming out this year and 2008 but the future looks good for Blizzard any way they go.
  • swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975
    Originally posted by LordSlater

Who knows they may even make a good game now that is an inovative idea for Blizzard.

QFT

who cares BIOWARE is back . :)

• PunkMonkPunkMonk Member Posts: 483

I'm really hoping that Blizzard will make a new Diablo. Either that or another RPG. Doesn't have to be an MMO.

Since Blizzard has already made 2 olden time games (Warcraft and Diablo) and one future game (starcraft) maybe they will make a future RPG. That would be cool.

Diablo was much bigger than Warcraft when they decided to make World of Warcraft and now it seems they just don't care about Diablo, which is extremely disapointing. WoW is just a 4 year fad. In another year or two the number of subscribers is going to dip down SO FAR they're going to have to drop WoW and make it f2p.

So, I think that Blizzard will make a new RPG, or an expansion to Diablo, maybe.

Maybe their next game will be a realtime massive multiplayer strategy.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Originally posted by grimboj

Its quite obvious that as soon as blizzard start working on something else WoW will decline and they know this. In order to start a new project they would have to start by diverting the developers that have gained experience on WoW leaving n00b developers to chuck out smaller crapper expansions. People would leave as you can hit 60 in 2 weeks and no new content was coming in.

I love this quote :)

Smaller and crappier than what?  The expansion that still hasn't come out? 

WoW is a decent game, don't get me wrong.  But citing expansion decline when referring to  WoW is like citing rate cuts from the phone company :)  It hasn't happened yet so how can you say they'll get worse? :)

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

World of Starcraft

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

Originally posted by Briansho

World of Starcraft

I think it will be great. Specially if they add a pilot room that you can sit in your home in a virtual reality cabin and control all of your forces in the field with commander options.
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by Briansho

World of Starcraft

I think it will be great. Specially if they add a pilot room that you can sit in your home in a virtual reality cabin and control all of your forces in the field with commander options.

Yup it will take ALL the great things from World of Warcraft and copy, I mean implement them perfectly!!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• fyren83fyren83 Member Posts: 8
    But 7 million subscribers can't lie.

I am glad I dumped the game when I did, but its probably the only MMO since EQ that I stayed as long as I did.
  • kaveh7681kaveh7681 Member Posts: 22

I like another MMORPG from them in a different fantasy world.

I don't think another game in a fantasy world is a good idea for them, brcause they have put all of their ideas for this gender in WOW.

Originally posted by kaveh7681

I like another MMORPG from them in a different fantasy world.
  • KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Warcraft is huge, so huge that it drains Blizzards all forces to keep it going. Besides they have not make a single mention about any other game in progress. Check blizzard.com's press releases.

I'd just like to point out that Blizzard executives have confirmed to news sources that the studio is currently in various stages of development or consideration for no less than three separate projects, though they're loathe to give further details. As far as I can tell from what little they're willing to share on the topic, they're all in the earliest to intermediate stages of actual development, but they're not sitting idle.

You're not going to see any substantive announcements on any site targeted at end users for a while, but gears are churning in Blizzard HQ. Expect to hear initial word of their next project roughly six to nine months after BC hits shelves.

You need to realize that Blizzard is not a single development team. The team members formerly part of the now-disbanded Blizzard North (think Diablo) have been working on some unannounced project for nearly eighteen months, as far as I can tell, and Blizzard's console team (formerly working on Starcraft: Ghost) isn't sitting idle, either.

Originally posted by Kurush

Warcraft is huge, so huge that it drains Blizzards all forces to keep it going. Besides they have not make a single mention about any other game in progress. Check blizzard.com's press releases.

I'd just like to point out that Blizzard executives have confirmed to news sources that the studio is currently in various stages of development or consideration for no less than three separate projects, though they're loathe to give further details. As far as I can tell from what little they're willing to share on the topic, they're all in the earliest to intermediate stages of actual development, but they're not sitting idle.

You're not going to see any substantive announcements on any site targeted at end users for a while, but gears are churning in Blizzard HQ. Expect to hear initial word of their next project roughly six to nine months after BC hits shelves.

You need to realize that Blizzard is not a single development team. The team members formerly part of the now-disbanded Blizzard North (think Diablo) have been working on some unannounced project for nearly eighteen months, as far as I can tell, and Blizzard's console team (formerly working on Starcraft: Ghost) isn't sitting idle, either.

I liked the very realistice point of view.