Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Care to give some advice?

Welp, I cant find the MMO for me.

I've play CoX, EQ 1 and 2, WoW, SWG (Pre-Cu and Cu), Guildwars, a couple of MUDs here and there and some other.

I just recently re-tryed EQ2, didnt care much for it even though there were some drastic changes. I dont really wanna go back to WoW, not that fun for me. And I refuse to play anything that SOE makes, as I have been screwed over by their manditory expansions and their killing of SWG.

I'm leaning on going back to CoX, but Im not sure. I remember it to be tedious, and getting old really fast. But then again, there is PvP now.  Im not to thrilled about GW, I hate that instance crap.

So, basically what Im asking is, is CoX worth going back to, or should I wait for something new (Even though I prolly wont have the patience to wait for something coming out this time next year. Last time I did that I was severly dissapointed. *hint*EQ2*hint*.)

Comments

• SaftwearSaftwear Member Posts: 124
    I havn't played in a while. but i am going to go back it's been going on too long.

I love this game. the PvP is unlike any other I hear Issue8 adds some interesting stuff.
  • RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

I've got my CoX subscription paid til April 2007... yet I haven't played in 3 months. I'm in a serious withdrawal from it.

From my perspective, I'm an old EQ player... I'm used to having 1 or 2 characters... to enjoy CoX you need to create tons because the cool content is in the character creation, different powers and low level content.

My main is a Suoerstrength / Invincibility Tanker. Level 50 of course... and been that way for 2 years now. When he reached 50 I expected that 2 years later he'd be maybe working on leveling to 60... exploring his superstrength further with cool new powers... heading into space to prevent incoming asteroids from crashing into the earth and defeating invading alien force on the moon or something...

In the last issue they introduce Police Band missions and the Safeguard missions for heroes (opposite of the villains Mayhem mish...) Plus a cool new re-vamped zone for lowbies...

If you roll up a low level now there's maybe 2 months of fun to be had considering the invention system coming in the next issue.

Me however... I'm not getting what I want. It doesnt look like they'll get to post level 50 stuff ever... not before the game dies... fortunatly though there's Marvel Universe Online coming... hopefully it's everything I always hoped CoX would be.

• NeuroXlNeuroXl Member Posts: 291
    Originally posted by Jhazen44

Welp, I cant find the MMO for me.
    I've play CoX, EQ 1 and 2, WoW, SWG (Pre-Cu and Cu), Guildwars, a couple of MUDs here and there and some other.
    I just recently re-tryed EQ2, didnt care much for it even though there were some drastic changes. I dont really wanna go back to WoW, not that fun for me. And I refuse to play anything that SOE makes, as I have been screwed over by their manditory expansions and their killing of SWG.
    I'm leaning on going back to CoX, but Im not sure. I remember it to be tedious, and getting old really fast. But then again, there is PvP now.  Im not to thrilled about GW, I hate that instance crap.
    So, basically what Im asking is, is CoX worth going back to, or should I wait for something new (Even though I prolly wont have the patience to wait for something coming out this time next year. Last time I did that I was severly dissapointed. *hint*EQ2*hint*.)

no Cox in my opinion is NOT worth going back to ...

dont get me wrong ive played the game .. its fast paced action .. and FUN ... great mobs ... the mob mechanics needed a little polishing ... as in .. id like to see more class interdependency ... and pulling mechanics were GOOD .. but something shallow about them at the same time ...

but as far as purchasing the game now? nah ... subs for this game have been falling ... and cryptic just signed on to make the

MARVEL UNIVERSE MMO ... so i suspect they will dump COH/COV .. and turn the subs onto the new marvel comic MMO ...

• RomseRomse Member Posts: 198

You can get the game for $20 and maybe even cheaper from bargain bins...

You can buy it used for $5 on Ebay and Amazon

If you're "going back" to it you've already purchased it.

If you're new to CoH there's a good 3 months of enjoyment to be had minimum

Ditto on CoV

If you haven't played in a while, with Police Band, Safeguard missions, new zones and trying powers you've never tried on a new alt... there's atleast 1 month of fun to be had.

Here's hoping MUO keeps all the action CoX has but that, with "big WoW-like company budget", they improve the content.

I'll say this about Cryptic... what they spend effort making good turns out amazing, so I have a lot of faith in MUO.