Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One more quick ?...

Anyone know if the character you start in open beta will be saved for the actual launch?  Or will we have to start over?  Just dont wanna burn any special items on a toon thats gonna get wiped.

Comments

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412
    Like all major MMO's there is a wipe at release.  Although Brad and Jeff Butler recently said they were considering allowing beta chars to move over to the test server as a thank you.  But I would not count on it.
  • brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975
    Yeah, there will DEFINATELY be a wipe before launch.  However, anyone who pre-ordered the game will get a 3-day head-start on other players.  So, you get a SLIGHT advantage there.  It just wouldn't be fair to start a game where beta players are heads above all the others.  Sure, it's nice to give them some rewards, but that's too far.
  • oh yeah I understand that..my only concern was the little extra speed buff you get for pre-ordering..hopefully the game will know NOT to try to give that to the first character I make during Open Beta..but to give it to the actual character I make for the real deal.  hehe The little bonus items are the main reasons I pre-order anyway..the beta is an added bonus!
  • gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503
    Originally posted by brihtwulf

Yeah, there will DEFINATELY be a wipe before launch.  However, anyone who pre-ordered the game will get a 3-day head-start on other players.  So, you get a SLIGHT advantage there.  It just wouldn't be fair to start a game where beta players are heads above all the others.  Sure, it's nice to give them some rewards, but that's too far.
    Plus, you want to keep the players for as long as possible paying the subscription fee. Making the beta testers start over from scratch is in the publishers best interest too. Otherwise they get a month or two of free subscription time (instead of just the first free month that comes with the box), and that would be giving away a lot of the publishers money.

http://www.mmorpgmaker.com