Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

race and weapons question

How do you all feel about weapons being race only weapons...like some weapons being dwarf only or orc only etc? I hope that weapons won't be race specific in WAR. I ask because in the screenshots they never show an orc with a dwarf weapon or dwarf with an orc  weapon.

Guild Wars 2 is my religion

Comments

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    They are sticking to the Warhammer IP as much as possible. In other words there is no chance in hell you'll see a dwarf wielding a piece of scrap metal that the orcs consider to be a weapon. The races and classes of Warhammer are very iconic, and backed by many years of lore... this ain't gonna be a watered down for the masses MMORPG where all races are basically same.
  • sjonasjona Member Posts: 194

im guessing some of the city loot will be all races - from one faction - attainable.

but i really dont think orcs will be able to get gromril armor or any kind of weapon for that matter, that belongs to the dwarfs :P

• AaronMonAaronMon Member Posts: 23

The game is based entirely on warhammer, that is why it is so good. (I play the real warhammer)

There will be alot of items that certain races will not be able to use. Like said before a dwarf would never be seen using a choppa (etc.), its just embarassing and discracefull. On the other hand greenskins will sometimes use dwarf weapons that they have stolen.

So there are some different instances with this, but alot of weapons are going to be racial specific.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486
    It makes chosing a race a bit harder. Altho it's even now hard, u will take weps in account too. Seems good to me

• EldaElda Member Posts: 343
    lol you think an orc will fit into dwarven gromgril armor?
  • I feel that it is a very clever game mechanic and may contribute a great deal to each race's particular style. As previous posters have noted, the absence of certain races using certain other races' weapons meshes accurately with Warhammer standards. I am sure that there will be a nice variety of weapons, but likely they will look quite different for each race and/or class.

If you were talking to me Elda.

I didn't say that I thought that an orc would fit into gromril or anything about armour for that matter. I was talking about the possibility that an orc would use a stolen dwarf weapon, but it is very unlikely that this will happen in the game.

PS: Dwarf armour and weapons are too good for any other race to use anyway.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

yes, i kinda remeber they say you can't use other races weapons and, logically, THAT is what you loot from fallen enemies, their racial weapons.

So how you get better stuff?, well they said that you can bring the looted stuff back to your own racial blacksmith (maybe a player blacksmith can do this too, who knows?)  and give them to him. he will pay you with tokens that you can then use to buy your own racial stuff from him back. Basically the blacksmith smelt the stuff or anyhow recycle the materials and then give you credit you can use to buy stuff from him.

details are scarce, of course, but i thought it could work like this, so to preserve some looting rarity: basically, you can loot different kind of stuff from the fallen enemies, and certain of that stuff, rare special items, will permit the blacksmith to obtain special items for yourself. There could even be counters that evolve with time, like you bring him 1 rusty choppa and he make available for you a basic selection of hammers and axes, nothing fancy.

after a while, you bring him the 10th rusty choppa and the selection expands to include better axes and hammers. then you find a fine oiled choppa, the weapon of some big boss, and bring that to him and then his selection expands to offer you some finely worked axes and hammers and so on.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• VrashkVrashk Member Posts: 56

But... but..

Sigmars hammer was made by dwarves!!!!

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by Vrashk

But... but..

sigmar's hammer is TOTALLY a quest reward :)

i can see in my head the young sigmar (level 60 paladin) going around and then see this wretched dwarf with a ! oon his head. he right click him and he says "doom and gloom! the greenskins are slaughtering our forces in the pass! our king is in peril! please, hurry up and save us! by the way, you might want to bring some friends along, you prolly can't take the whole greenskin army alone, even if they are all noobs." Quest reward sigmar's hammer.

moments later, siggie hollered in the lfg channel "LFM Sigmar's hammer quest, need tank and healer"

and a few minutes later, siggie, yoosuck, dumber, yogibear and urmoommy moved to the pass and pwned the greenskin army.

end of story.

ok, you can kill me now :D

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

But... but..

Many weapons and armour in the Empire are gifts from the Dwarfs, but these weapons and armour are very rare and only held by the most experienced soldiers or royalty.

Just because the Dwarfs made them doesn't mean that they would use them. The hammer of Sigmar was a gift from the Dwarfs, same with the plate armour that knights of the blazing sun wear, so if one was found by a Dwarf it would be kept within a stronghold for safe keeping until a worthy manling came to ask for it.

The Hammer of Sigmar is really rare and only a couple of people hold it within the empire, The Emperor and Boris Todbringer are the only two that i can think of, so i dought anyone will be able to use it.

• dolearondolearon Member Posts: 89

the way you say it, it sounds like there are multiple Ghal Maraz's put there but there is just the one adn yes it was made by the dwarfs and the emporer is the current person to weild it.

I think that such weapons, like Ghal Maraz, the Axe of Grimnir (which the dwarf high king holds), the Fangsword of Eltharion (held by the lord of Hoeth, the elven sword masters), the Blade of Ensorcelled Iron (held by the captain of the black guard, darkelves), and watever passes for a godly weapon for the orcs and chaos that there should only ever be one of each and it should sirculate based off who can first obtain it and then who can challange the holder for its ownership.

those are just examples there could be class specific weapons of doom or ther could just be one per playable race or none that players could get there hands on.