Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Burning Crusade require the original game?

I really don't wanna patch a bijillion MBs of patches, so I'm hoping Burning Crusade's discs will have all that's needed and not require you have bought the original game like, say.. Dark Age of Camelot always did, requiring the original games and past expansions to get the next one.

I'm nothing if not your memories, your heartbreak, please let me be
your joy and your pain. Let me be all the words that you'd unsay.

Comments

• DraikenDraiken Member Posts: 23
    I'm pretty sure you will have to have owned the regular WoW game previous to the expansion, unless they are offering a two-in-one kit. Those are usually the only bundles with the patches and data and such. Even so, the expansion won't have many patches. Only the transfer ones to set everything up.
  • KorrganKorrgan Member Posts: 20
    Mm, that sucks. I'm on dial-up and playing the game is easy and fine, but that patch is 492MB and I just don't wanna waste the time, especially since I don't wanna start replaying until I can be a Blood Elf and a Draenei since I got really bored of the game back in October.

I'm nothing if not your memories, your heartbreak, please let me be
    your joy and your pain. Let me be all the words that you'd unsay.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

yes, you need original wow to play the expansion, but worry not. the uber patch is most probably INCLUDED in the expansion as that is what we are downloading in those 500+ mb, expansion graphics, expansion mobs expansion everything (the 2 new races, for example, can be seen by anybody and that graphics and animation must come from somewhere).

So, you are prolly be fine :D

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"