Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will pets/vehicles stay outside or be poofed in and out.

RamonSternsRamonSterns Member Posts: 41
/discuss

Comments

• I think I saw a Dev on one of videos say that cars will stay outside, but there will be parking garages in cities so you can store them that way.
  • KohrathKohrath Member Posts: 35

Vamediah: Turambar: will you be able to store vehicles and mounts or do you have to keep them with you/make sure you know where they are all the time?
    Icarus: There will be parking garages and stables in towns, but if you leave your car or mount behind you leave it behind. No magical shrinking cars or mounts.

Source: The dev chat made by FE.se

FallenEarth.se - Your source for Fallen Earth information.

• RamonSternsRamonSterns Member Posts: 41
    Finally, no more magic fairy business!  Thanks, I hadn't seen this anywhere, but it was one of my RP breaking issues wth SWG. :P
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

I really hope that mounts/vehicles stay where you leave them, and only 'poof' when your character logs out.

Joined - July 2004

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    Originally posted by RamonSterns

Finally, no more magic fairy business!  Thanks, I hadn't seen this anywhere, but it was one of my RP breaking issues wth SWG. :P

Yeah the idea that you could store all your vehicles in a datapad was too much reality suspension for me too.

Leia : Han, you look happy to see me.

Han : No Leia, that's just the Millenium Falcon in my pocket.

I'd have preferred to see some kind of delivery service - make a call, pay some NPC to drive or shuttle a vehicle to you (which would take at least a few minutes) and then they can drive your current one back to the garage. It'd be a little bit of a time sink, but how often would you be switching vehicles anyway??

I too am glad the FE devs are being realistic on this count.

• RamonSternsRamonSterns Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by green13

Originally posted by RamonSterns

Yeah the idea that you could store all your vehicles in a datapad was too much reality suspension for me too.

Leia : Han, you look happy to see me.

Han : No Leia, that's just the Millenium Falcon in my pocket.

I'd have preferred to see some kind of delivery service - make a call, pay some NPC to drive or shuttle a vehicle to you (which would take at least a few minutes) and then they can drive your current one back to the garage. It'd be a little bit of a time sink, but how often would you be switching vehicles anyway??

I too am glad the FE devs are being realistic on this count.

I jsut hope that they dont make it too realistic.  Imagine your half put together dunebuggy flip over on your first test run...

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

I don't think there's any need to worry on that count. They've already made it clear that vehicles can't be stolen - which is a bit unrealistic.

Though it does raise the interesting question of hit points. Horses can be attacked and killed while you're riding them. I wonder if the same applies to vehicles. If you drive a car off a really tall cliff, do you die in a fiery blaze of glory and leave an impressive dent in the landscape, or drive on Mr Magoo-style?

• torioustorious Member Posts: 66
    in that dev chat that was on i think the 20th of december they mentioned a few things about mounts/vahicles - one of which was no disappearing horses, if you dismount and run around you'll have to find your horse again to ride into the sunset, and if you drive out somewhere and your vehicle runs out of gas you'll need to leave it there and get some fuel somewhere and come back for it

i wonder if there will be only the technology for gassoline powered vehicles or if they'll include engines that run on water cells or solar powered cars or those engines that can run on like kerosine and/or whiskey (when/if they include bikes) [they mentioned not right now but maybe later they'd include motorcycles and bicycles]

and if you have a horse, and it's left somewhere - can you whistle to make it come to you if you're within /shout range (or there abouts) or do you have to run all the way over to the horse to mount up...