Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lore Experts Opinions Needed

Ok.  Let us assume we all agree there are certain names that should not be allowed to be taken by players.  Names of substantial characters in the world of Conan lore.

What names would they be?

1. Conan

2.?

Comments

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

A: anything leet

B: anyting refferancing other fantasy genres (XaragornX)

C: anything refferancing anything modern (britannyspearchucker) or a stupid phase crammed togher (see previous)

ITs pretty wide open after that, you can roll up a Cimmerian and just SAY he an Aesir and use Germanic names (My char is actually 1/2 Aesir) go Gaelic or older Briton or Norman/Saxon names with Cimmerians, Aquilonians are pretty wide open... quasi-Eqyptian/middle eastern for Stygians...

The books would give you some good ideas, and there are lots of REH fansites with stories or synopsii you can use as a refferance

Check out some of the links in the -=Snowhawk Clan=- thread for some ideas of where to go, we also have a list of stories available online in the stickies in our petitioners hall

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

• RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    For the love of Crom please no number in names.

Also there are like 9 million different gods in the original stories, all of those should be excluded.

I would like to agree with you Stur, but i use a fantasy character name in just about every game i've even played for at least one character
  • freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by Randd

For the love of Crom please no number in names.

Also there are like 9 million different gods in the original stories, all of those should be excluded.

I would like to agree with you Stur, but i use a fantasy character name in just about every game i've even played for at least one character

I sure hope they don't allow #'s in names or other symbols.

I also have a lot of reading to do and I'm looking forward to it.

• DarkjinxterDarkjinxter Member Posts: 174
    Definately no 'Ranger' class can allowed to be named 'Balthus'.
  • freiheitfreiheit Member Posts: 264
    A warrior type named "O'Brian" perhaps.
  • t5f_tigert5f_tiger Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by freiheit

A warrior type named "O'Brian" perhaps.

lol, I got that one  :)    Lemme guess, he will have short red hair, that looks like it is fluffy.  He will be really skinny and pale, and tall, make cracks about the current US President, and his name starts with a C?  :D

-  But seriously, I bet the name filter guys will have a lot of stuff to type in if there are any RP servers, and I would sure like it if I never had to see a name like "L33tH4><><00R" again, even on a PvP server.

• SmileyManSmileyMan Member Posts: 56
    Pelias and a ton of other names. 

O'rly.