Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day 1... Not all that bad.

KoalanKnightKoalanKnight Member Posts: 26
Okay.. so.. Day 1.. Rolled up a Jin-Mei Gallante.  Played through the tutorial.  Did the two starter agent missions.  New ship, New small turret.. 300 rounds of ammo in cargo hold and 150k ISK in my wallet.  Trained up Learning to level 2 and Mining to Level 2.  ...The question I pose.. what should I do day 2?  More missions?  Is there any suggesting after that tutorial?

Comments

• HarutoHaruto Member Posts: 175
    From here you keep your skills going, but decide what path you want to follow. Combat or Mining are the basic choices to get started in. Either way you are going to want to get Frigate 3 for a better frig and eventually work your way up to a crusier, as well as getting the skills to make your life easier. Take a look at the market and look at what some of the skills do in various categories and work your way up to a quality well rounded charector.

Eve Online, a world of infinite possibility. Click here for an extended Trial
    Dark-Wind Its War on Wheels!

• SnaKeySnaKey Member Posts: 3,386

Don't train mining. If you want to mine, make a mining char. He will start with mining lvl 5 and Refining lvl 5.

If you want to be a combat pilot, pick your poison. You can do missions or you can go out and general rat. If you want to mission, I HIGHLY suggest training Connections as high as you can stomach it, as well as combat skills.

General ratting may be a bit boring at first, so I suggest missions until you get on your feet and in a good 0.0 corp.

Also, if you're looking for a combat pilot: try to get all your attributes about even. My favorite starting char is Caldari - Achura because you can start with 9 / 9 / 3 / 9 / 9 (3 is worthless Charisma). If you can't get your stats about even in the race you want, try to get as little charisma as you can and if some of your stats need to be higher than others, try for Percep and Memory. (Percep = gunnery, ship command, drones) (Memory = tanking, etc. not as much used, but it's better than willpower for a combat pilot imho)

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    willpower is primary stat on ship skills... secondary on missile and gunnery skills... I have regretted low willpower for a loooong time.

charisma is primary on connection skills...

Originally posted by daeandor
    willpower is primary stat on ship skills... secondary on missile and gunnery skills... I have regretted low willpower for a loooong time.charisma is primary on connection skills...

Ummm... Perception is primary on all Ship Command skills.

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • ssstupidossstupido Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by SnaKey

willpower is primary stat on ship skills... secondary on missile and gunnery skills... I have regretted low willpower for a loooong time.

sorry snakey, you are wrong. look at interceptors skill, or HAC, or command ships.

tech 2 ships' skills are willpower primary

Originally posted by ssstupido

sorry snakey, you are wrong. look at interceptors skill, or HAC, or command ships.

Ah yeah, I guess I am wrong on those.

But 90% of Ship Command Skills are Perception based. Which, is really more important since you need Ship A 5, Ship B 5, Ship C 5, and Ship D 5 before you can even get a T2 Ship. ;)

myspace.com/angryblogr
    A Work in Progress.
    Add Me
  • TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by ssstupido

Ah yeah, I guess I am wrong on those.

But 90% of Ship Command Skills are Perception based. Which, is really more important since you need Ship A 5, Ship B 5, Ship C 5, and Ship D 5 before you can even get a T2 Ship. ;)

You're both right.  some ships are willpower (most tech2) and some are perception (most tech 1).  Perception and Willpower are the two most important stats for anyone who plans to fly a lot of different ships.  Int and memory are next.  Charisma is a toss-in-the-garbage stat for the most part though most of the leadership skills do tree off of it. 

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell