Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My little review

I have only played this game for a few hours but it seems fairly good so far.

Graphics are not cutting edge or anything, but reasonable.

Character customization is crappy.   You get to choose between some faces and hair colors, thats about it.   The game defiantly needs work in this area.

The skill system seems pretty good.  From what I understand you can level all skills to about 30 something.    Only 7 skills can be leveled to 100.   Seems reasonable to me.    I just hope it doesnt turn into a grind at the higher levels.

Documentation - This is lacking right now.   The guides on the website are pretty basic and some have translation errors that confused me.   

The world was pretty populated when I have been playing, I have not yet tried to form a group or anything though, but it looks like theres a lot of people playing.  ( at least in the areas I was).   When I had a question or two I received help from a few players fairly fast.  

Controls are a bit awkward.  I am getting used to the mouse movement, but WASD controls would be alot better.    I sometimes have pathing or collision issues when moving around on foot, hopefully they clean this up.

There are bugs in the game.  I haven't encountered too many, but there are some.  There are also lots of mistakes (?) with the text for quests and the like.   Probably to be blamed on translation errors, but they need to be fixed.   Got confused a few times here and there.

For a free game I'm fairly impressed with Voyage Century.   Once this thing gets its bugs fixed and gets polished a bit, the game should be good.

Anyways, thats review of the game.   

Oh, if you do end up signing up, dont give them your social security number or your passport number like they ask for.   They have no business needing these numbers.   Just make something up.

EDIT: for a variety of reasons I have stopped playing this game.   Just stating this in case you end up reading this.

--------------------
SWG - Killed by $OE
WOW - Retired
Playing WAR

Comments

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984
      Overall I aggree with your review. The charecter customization is slightly lacking. Although you really dont run into alot of people looking the same with all the clothes options.

Graphics are on par with a free game standard. Though I would have liked to see something along the lines of Silk Roads.

Documentation was lacking. Im social though so I figured everything out on my own.

Translations are lacking in a few spots. Especially in the missions. Overall the UI is perfectly translated for a Sino Region game. In fact I was a bit surprised how well they did. Gah after Silk roads.. nevermind thats a bad subject to get me started on lol

The world is VERY populated. In fact theres a issue with to many people on the main server Columbus. There asking people to play on Magellan. Odd thing is i never noticed a spec of lag tell I got to athens.

Skills grind a bit after level 50. ALOT better then some games though. If you manage your resources well you can make grinding go much easier. To be honest I have hired workers though... hehe allows me to specialize.

Now as far as the controls, im totally used to it now and how no issues. Just use your scroll whell to turn the camera while you click to move and its smooth as silk even in pvp.

Oh last thing, I noticed the gaming community is very very passionate. A bit annoying the the newbie cities but they shape up faster then some game.
  • SUMB44SUMB44 Member Posts: 182
    I've been playing a few days now and I find it to be quite enjoyable.  In fact, a co-worker has started playing as well after sharing some of my experiences in-game with him a lunch time. 

I think it's a great free game.

My only major problem is the translations.  They are horrific.  IGG Needs to hire some native English speakers ASAP to proof read the material.  Mission objectives can be somewhat confusing, but overall you can figure it out.