Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can I expect?

Well after 9 years of UO I'm taking the plunge into WOW. I'm not leaving UO behind, just checking out WOW for a bit to see what all the hype is about. So anyway I was just curious about what I should expect? Is it like the mindless romping through dungeons (i.e. lack of quests) that UO has been known for, or can I expect an ever changing world, with lots of new quests and things to do?

I've read a few reviews about the community no being so great. Is this true?

Well in any case I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Comments

• SyrupBoySyrupBoy Member Posts: 45
    There are tons of quests to do. And the community isn't THAT bad but it ain't great either. You really have to try it yourself to see if you like it. I never even thought about playing this but the other day I decided to dl the 10 day trial and now im hooked.
  • JesterDevJesterDev Member Posts: 44
    Well I had to downloaded what I thought was the only patch that I needed - 465 or so megs, and just came home for lunch only to find out that I need yet another patch! And once again it's almost 500 megs in size.. This is really ridiculous. So anyway when I start WOW and login it says the patch was downloaded and I need to restart WOW, then the new patch starts downloading again.. So I guess it's not just a bug, and I really need to download yet another patch..

This game had better be worth all this trouble. Just can't imagine a game needing such huge patches. I mean why not just offer them in smaller chunks as problems arise, or new content is added instead of having players download huge updates.

Anyway it's just annoying is all. I hope this is the last one for now.
  • Squall15Squall15 Member Posts: 454
    Tons of quests. If you play on alliance, tons of Night Elfs everywhere. Community is pretty nice and usually fun to hang around with. MAny places to explore, new expansion coming out soon with even more, trade skills, dungeons, ect. Very fun game once you first play and usually lasts for a while.
  • ecdugganecduggan Member Posts: 3
    I tried the ten day trail was was hooked. I have played other MMOs befor and so far in my point of veiw this one is the easyist to play. I had the same problem with the patch downloads untill I set it up to download while play and when I am not. The other pepole so far are real nice and are fun to hang out with. I enjoy it greatly and can not wait till the expansion comes out next month.
  • DarkGrieverDarkGriever Member Posts: 80
    you will have alot of fun....... NOT!
  • GFullsGFulls Member Posts: 478
    The game from level 1-60 is actually quite fun. Lots of quests and dungeons to explore. Definitely things to do.

However once you reach the end game it can get slow. Also the pvP int he end game is very unbalanced do to the high end gear. If you join a guild that raids a lot you'll be able to keep up with the arms race.

WoW still has that fun game at the beginning feeling to it.

The reason many people are sour ont he game is because we've all been level 60 for two years now with little to do.

Hope this helps.
  • swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975
    Originally posted by JesterDev

Well after 9 years of UO I'm taking the plunge into WOW. I'm not leaving UO behind, just checking out WOW for a bit to see what all the hype is about. So anyway I was just curious about what I should expect? Is it like the mindless romping through dungeons (i.e. lack of quests) that UO has been known for, or can I expect an ever changing world, with lots of new quests and things to do?

I've read a few reviews about the community no being so great. Is this true?

Well in any case I guess I'll find out soon enough.
    do you know who chuck norris is if not your going to real soon lol
  • BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    There are a ton of quests! Get ready to do them over and over and over and over and over again. Then goto battlefields over and over and over and over again. The raid, raid, raid, raid, raid, raid, again and again and again and again.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!