Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

characters will always be saved even if you cancel?

in WoW i cancled for almost a year and came back and all my characters where their. will this?

Comments

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    I haven't seen them say one way or the other, but it's fairly safe to assume that this will be true for AoC as well.  It's very good business practice as it gives players a reason to come back to the game and I can't imagine a MMO team deleting characters; at least not ones above a certain level.

Sure it's speculation, but it's a pretty safe bet that your characters will remain on their servers (as long as you're not banned or what have you).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • desnowdesnow Member Posts: 390
    Originally posted by Thomson1

in anarchy online (last game of Funcom (age of conan devs)) it had been like this

lvl 1 chars get deleted after some times but everything above 1 stays forever =)

Ever since Blizzard started listing valid characters on unpaid and unplayable accounts in current playerbase the practice has become more common and I expect it to become the norm soon. Shortly after WoW hit the 4mil mark L2 and a couple other games started the practice and all of their numbers became quickly inflated and got them free advertising all over.

I hope they do though. Not for the advertising value, but because I have found that taking a break from a game a little before a level cap increase or expansion has kept my interest much more than games like FFXI where I resubbed after an intense semester of school only to discover empty character slots. Never had any interest in FFXI since.

• ChraneChrane Member Posts: 23
    Yeah, Im sure that saving characters after you cancel is the industry standard.  Why would you quit anyway?  AoC is gonna be the "bling blow"!