Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potion spamming?

FlamingIceFlamingIce Member UncommonPosts: 120
Even with all the bad rep I hear about Archlord, I may still give the game a try, but the ONE thing that can ruin a game for me is potion spamming. I don't mean the potions that regenerate your health over 30 seconds, I mean the ones that can heal your health instantly with no cooldowns whatsoever. I'd like to know if there's any sort of potion spamming in PVP mainly before I give this game a shot.

Comments

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

All healing pots in AL are HOTs. That is they may restore 30% of your health, but it might take 3 ticks of 1s each.

It's spiked damage from your opponents doing more dps than your HOT autopot that means death in pvp.

Hitting the button to spam use of the pot does nothing as there is a cooldown on pot use. Everyone sets up the autouse slider as soon as they learn about it and then tweak it depending on the situation. When your health reaches the specified threshold, you chug a potion automatically.

What I really like about AL and the use of pots vs a healer class is that no one needs to play a class that cannot kill. It's a nice change.

Don't think because there is no healer class and instead autopots that there aren't enough other variables to make pvp combat interesting.

Try it yourself.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• gymirgymir Member Posts: 17
    bah I've fought many pvp matchs where it comes down to "lets stop were jsut wasting pots"   PvE its good, but whne it comes down to pvp its all about the higher lvl and weapon.