Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with people not playing there keys?

2»

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    nvm
  • neveniasnevenias Member Posts: 48
    The game doesn't suck, it is heads and shoulders way ahead of any other beta out there right now.

There is a performance issue, for those with garbage PC's or laptops.

Though i understand not everyone can rush out and replace there rigs, this game is not even comparable to garbage like WoW in terms of graphics. You can have a POS rig and rip through WoW, not so with LOTRO

Oh and before i get flamed with NDA remarks, im no longer apart of Beta
  • differentdifferent Member Posts: 180
    I'm also desperate for a beta-key, I'm surprised I'm even asking

Willing to swap for an unused Vanguard key.

If anyone has a key and like to client d/l  pls send to [email protected]

Thanks
  • iamct2327iamct2327 Member Posts: 162
    Anyone have a LOTRO key for me I can swap a vanguard key with you. I would love to check out this game for a bit.

Thanks please email me at [email protected]

Thanks again.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    I went to the official site to sign up for the beta. I got an email 2 days later. I must be lucky or something.
  • salansalan Member Posts: 18

yes you are... i signed up a couple of months ago and still nothing haha lucky you... have fun.

oh and if you dont like it you can send me that account info muahahaha

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    All I have to add to this is disregard the posts from people who say the game sucks. Folks that don't have the ability to to have the line of thought that "the game isn't what I personally like" and post to that effect, and instead just post a broad sweeping declaration such as "the game sucks", well, they aren't someone you really want to take advice from. WoW isn't for me. Not my type of game. That said, I don't say it "sucks", as for many people it doesn't "suck". So, for those that are interested, give it a try if you can. Find out for yourself. I never knew I like french fries dipped in vanilla ice cream until I tried it myself. And I don't know many people that do like it, but it's good to me.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• rhaggixrhaggix Member Posts: 6
    well, if anyone happen to have a spare key or simply dont wanna betatest it anymore (for whatever reason) i'd be very gratefull for a chance to see if this could be the game for me.

you can send it to rodclemen -[]- gmail -[]- com  

thnx in advance

Rod
  • matteg91matteg91 Member Posts: 2
    I'll be happy to take a key if anyone wants to get rid of one, hell I'll be happy to trade it for two Vanguard keys if anyone wants?
  • AmorphismAmorphism Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by merv808

I went to the official site to sign up for the beta. I got an email 2 days later. I must be lucky or something.
    Are you sure the NDA allows you to say you got into beta? Link - LOTRO NDA
  • Hate15Hate15 Member Posts: 1
    Plzzz if someone wouldn't mind i've been searching the internet every day since i've found out that the keys were out but i have been able to get one if someone could give me a key or if someone doesn't need theirs then i will be forever thankful.Thanks sooo much to you.
  • Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157
    i recently got a key for LOTRO and it says if you dont log on on saturday the beta code is deactivated, so theyre obviously doing something about it.
  • salojidsalojid Member Posts: 3

I realy would like to beta test it, because I like LOTR world and I hope that the game will be good. So if someone has spare key - please contact me. [email protected]

• VagelispVagelisp Member UncommonPosts: 448
    Originally posted by salojid

I realy would like to beta test it, because I like LOTR world and I hope that the game will be good. So if someone has spare key - please contact me. [email protected]

I am afraid that  you can't play for someone else. Keys are in a way "attached" to the original owner.

If you login in with another persons key and do something wrong like violating the NDA the key holder will be banned from LOTRO and all other MMOS of Codemasters tm even if it was not your fault.

HINT: If you applied for beta with [email protected]  have in mind that they prefer people that are able to validate their original location with mails from official providers and not with 100 mails that you can get   from Hotmail or Google. They must be provider account mails and not mails that can be used from internet cafes and places like that to get more games for their users.

Also Key transfers are violation of NDA too.

• salojidsalojid Member Posts: 3
    thank you for the advise, a appreciate it.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by ramvo

Ive read some post that people dont even play the beta when they got a key. Man ive been waiting forever for a key and would love the oppurtunity to play the beta. If anyone have a spare  key or dont play ill play for you :).
    maybe they tried it, and it sucked, so they stopped and are waiting for it to get better before trying again? Bingo. Already played WoW, so I said no thanks.
  • DaProdigyDaProdigy Member Posts: 20
    Saying the game "sucks" is just a general statement, but the game is not very appealing, and won't be appealing to anyone who's not a diehard LOTR fanatic. Now, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't automatically mean it blows. But just because there are people who will overlook obvious detrimental flaws just for the sake of the license doesn't automatically make it good, either. I wish I could go into specifics, but I can't for obvious reasons. Well, I can.. I just don't care.

I agree completely with, "Maybe they tried it, and it sucked, so they stopped.."
  • KruniacKruniac Member Posts: 132

Originally posted by DaProdigy

Saying the game "sucks" is just a general statement, but the game is not very appealing, and won't be appealing to anyone who's not a diehard LOTR fanatic. Now, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't automatically mean it blows. But just because there are people who will overlook obvious detrimental flaws just for the sake of the license doesn't automatically make it good, either. I wish I could go into specifics, but I can't for obvious reasons. Well, I can.. I just don't care.

I agree completely with, "Maybe they tried it, and it sucked, so they stopped.."

Cant play as Uruks. From what I heard, no PvP at all. Hardly anyone will roleplay.

Yeah, it BLOWS.

Originally posted by Kruniac

Cant play as Uruks. From what I heard, no PvP at all. Hardly anyone will roleplay.

Yeah, it BLOWS.

Hmm. Yeah, there isn't PvP. There's PvMP. As far as roleplay, why even bother bringing it up. Back when UO, EQ and AC1 first came out, people RP'ed. Mainly because the percentage of Pencil and Paper gamers was higher then non-dice rolling gamers. Now this genre has become mainstream and is the "cool" thing, so more of those who never actually role-played are funneling in, for better and worse. That said, if you really wanted to RP, there are plenty of folks out there who intend to do just that. RPing just has to mean enough to you to seek out those folks, which isn't hard at all. Google is your friend.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• LasteraLastera Member Posts: 368
    Originally posted by Khalathwyr

Yeah, it BLOWS.

Hmm. Yeah, there isn't PvP. There's PvMP. As far as roleplay, why even bother bringing it up. Back when UO, EQ and AC1 first came out, people RP'ed. Mainly because the percentage of Pencil and Paper gamers was higher then non-dice rolling gamers. Now this genre has become mainstream and is the "cool" thing, so more of those who never actually role-played are funneling in, for better and worse. That said, if you really wanted to RP, there are plenty of folks out there who intend to do just that. RPing just has to mean enough to you to seek out those folks, which isn't hard at all. Google is your friend.

What the hell is PvMP? Is that where the players fight monsters one on one? How's this any different from soloing or PvE in general for that matter? UO, EQ and AC roleplayed for a few reason...MMORPG were exclusive only to a certain market of players and they weren't a large number of mmorpgs out there. Now that all MMORPGs are now mainstream, anybody and everybody will play these games. The ignorance of people astounds me when talk about the old days and comparing to what's happening now. Because the MMORPG in general is mainstream, what type of players a company gets depends on how appeal it is for a general audiences and what new gimmick does it offer. Am I saying LotR won't have roleplaying? Nope, I'm saying the community beta has now won't be the same after launch. If the launch is successful, you'll have more than just roleplaying play LotR and it won't be the same community. If the launch is a failure, you'll have a lot of people telling I told you so. Either way, it's going to turn people off and it's going end up either another WoW or another DDO.

Originally posted by Lastera

Yeah, it BLOWS.

What the hell is PvMP? Is that where the players fight monsters one on one? How's this any different from soloing or PvE in general for that matter? UO, EQ and AC roleplayed for a few reason...MMORPG were exclusive only to a certain market of players and they weren't a large number of mmorpgs out there. Now that all MMORPGs are now mainstream, anybody and everybody will play these games. The ignorance of people astounds me when talk about the old days and comparing to what's happening now. Because the MMORPG in general is mainstream, what type of players a company gets depends on how appeal it is for a general audiences and what new gimmick does it offer. Am I saying LotR won't have roleplaying? Nope, I'm saying the community beta has now won't be the same after launch. If the launch is successful, you'll have more than just roleplaying play LotR and it won't be the same community. If the launch is a failure, you'll have a lot of people telling I told you so. Either way, it's going to turn people off and it's going end up either another WoW or another DDO.

I find your ignorance of Player vs Monster Player combat disturbing. *choke*

Really, go do some current research on LOTRO's forum before you come here and continue to bash it. It's really just making you look, well, ignorant. Peace.

Chavez y Chavez

• MorningStarGGMorningStarGG Member UncommonPosts: 394

Yeah, it BLOWS.

however if you look at wows playerbase then you know the majority of MMOers are going to be turned on not off just because wow was well made for the masses and hold true to MMO termnology shouldn't make you upset but glad a game acually has the playerbase to back up the MMO term wow has more items/quests/depth/story/and thing to do on the side then any game ou there yea community is lacking a bit but thats what guilds are for aren't they? From what i am seeing its going to be a great game as wow is

Owner/Admin of GodlessGamer.com - Gaming news and reviews for the godless.

Yeah, it BLOWS.

I find your ignorance of Player vs Monster Player combat disturbing. *choke*

Considering this is new game, it's not suprising, not a lot of people know about PMvP, but from description, PvMP is basically Monster Rancher. You get a monster, you raise him, he gets strong and you can fight with him. As a matter of fact, NWN and WoW have similar features except with beast.

Update: I apologize, PvMP isn't like Monster Rancer at all, but PvMP = Battlegrounds. WoW has this feature. I didn't think Turbine would sink so low as to take other ideas from other games.

Originally posted by spyder2k5

Yeah, it BLOWS.

however if you look at wows playerbase then you know the majority of MMOers are going to be turned on not off just because wow was well made for the masses and hold true to MMO termnology shouldn't make you upset but glad a game acually has the playerbase to back up the MMO term wow has more items/quests/depth/story/and thing to do on the side then any game ou there yea community is lacking a bit but thats what guilds are for aren't they? From what i am seeing its going to be a great game as wow is

What you just said made no logical sense. Players play WoW because WoW is for the mass and appeal to THEM? (Them as in everyone) Why would people be turned off to a game that appeals to them when LotR appeal to a certain group of people. Before you make a post, please THINK about what you are going to say before you say it.

Lastly, what you said is no different from other MMORPG fanboys have said in this past. "This new game is going to be the end of WoW." Please, fanboys get over yourself. Sounds like you have vendatta out for WoW. My guess is your couldn't hack in the game so you left?

This is typical because of those who leave were made to feel inferior because they were force to keep up and compete with other players. (Keyword: Made to feel inferior.) I'm no WoW-fangirl, but  I know people aren't going to up and leave WoW for a game for a game the offers the SAME EXACT GAMEPLAY.