Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC on the 360: Will it help or hurt?

13»

Comments

• tfwarlordtfwarlord Member Posts: 216
    Well im an EX SWG veteran player. I loved the game, and every aspect of it... loved my city and my guild.. loved the professions, simply loved it... then the NEG came, because SOE wanted to make it console friendly (even dough they denied that was the reason for the nEG), and that simply totally destroyed the game.... that turned the game in to something totally horible..... my entire guild ended up bying quitting (we where seveal hundred people) and we know alot of another guilds that went the same way...

im not saying AoC will go the same way, but there is a deffently risk of turning the game into something simplyfied horrible shit, just so people on consoles can play it.. and if this happens it would just be another knife in my back, and my back can only take so many knifes...

Viva la revolution is al i say if that happens the night of the burning consoles is comming

they have a choice... make it easy to play on a 360, kiling off all the pc players, or make it very difficult to play on a console, killing off many console players, but making the pc crowd happy....... It would impossible to suit them both, and i realllllly hope they dont try, because that will just piss them both off...

• kano71kano71 Member Posts: 207
    why  would making it for a 360 dumb it down the 360  is a computer plain and  simple plug in a keyboard and mouse and yer gtg
  • MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489
    Originally posted by JRussell1388

Originally posted by MX13

Originally posted by JRussell1388

I'm looking forward to this game on the 360 and/or PS3 (yes, it is also going to be offered on the PS3 as well).

It will not be on the PS3.

The announcement stated it would be a 360 exclusive. That may change in the future, but I doubt it due to the development costs. Remember, due to Launchpad and the system the PS3 uses, as of now all games must be hosted by SOE, which will not happen with AoC anytime soon. Could that change? Maybe, but why? That's a LOT of work for an audience with less then 750k potential players, especially when the 360 sold an estimated 20 million units since launch.

You may be right... but I'm just going off of what I see on various Gaming sites like IGN.   

LINK >>>  http://ps3.ign.com/objects/844/844497.html

If you're refering to to News Article, it is more then 7 months older then the announcement for the 360. I believe it's safe to asume it will not be going to the PS3, especially considering the amount of Dev that would be required.

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

• mysticalaeonmysticalaeon Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by tfwarlord

Well im an EX SWG veteran player. I loved the game, and every aspect of it... loved my city and my guild.. loved the professions, simply loved it... then the NEG came, because SOE wanted to make it console friendly (even dough they denied that was the reason for the nEG), and that simply totally destroyed the game.... that turned the game in to something totally horible..... my entire guild ended up bying quitting (we where seveal hundred people) and we know alot of another guilds that went the same way...

im not saying AoC will go the same way, but there is a deffently risk of turning the game into something simplyfied horrible shit, just so people on consoles can play it.. and if this happens it would just be another knife in my back, and my back can only take so many knifes...

Viva la revolution is al i say if that happens the night of the burning consoles is comming

they have a choice... make it easy to play on a 360, kiling off all the pc players, or make it very difficult to play on a console, killing off many console players, but making the pc crowd happy....... It would impossible to suit them both, and i realllllly hope they dont try, because that will just piss them both off...

i bought SWG, spent about £50 on buying it and paying for month., i felt like crying when i realised how much the game SUCKED. Sat in my mates house watching him ride one of those speedos in a desert for like an hour, wheres the fun in that?  probably the most boring game ever. Sure the skill system might of been cool, as well as the houses. but that was if you could stand it for that long.

Then i did that thng where you get money for killing those long neck dinosaur things... takes about 5 people to do these missions, unless you get buffed. When you get a buff you could take about 20 of the dinosaurs and live... mmmm really fun

Come on the only guys who actually liked this game are the people who hoped for a jedi and selling it for £2,000, and the star wars fanboys (i know one)

none

• trinityNITROtrinityNITRO Member Posts: 72

The best chance this game has to succeed is to sell a crapload of copies!!!  If you haven't noticed the amount of MMO's coming out for PC this year is HUGE!  The amount of MMO's for the 360, ohhhhh wait the 360 isn't getting any MMO's.  Unless of course you count crap that is "last gen" like Final Fantasy 11 or Phantasy Star Online which both totally suck in my opinion.  I know several gamers, such as myself, who have never played an MMORPG and now that a worthwhile MMO is coming to the 360 we have a reason to jump on board.  So YES this will help Age of Conan, and why can't they just have separate servers so people can't "claim" that console gaming ruined their experience.  Isn't this possible???  I am 27 years old and I look forward to gaming with integrity, but I know console gaming has a reputation for having a large teen installed base, so hopefully we can have different servers with options of 360 ONLY, PC ONLY, and combined.  I personally will go for a combined server if possible because I want to play with all my friends!!!  I really hope this comes to the 360 this summer because once HALO 3 comes out I won't have time for an MMO but if I start this summer than maybe .... just maybe ....