Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big diffrence after the new expansion?

It isn't so long ago since i last played Eq2, didn't quite because i didn't like the game, i just stopped playing for some weird reason.

Anyway, got a question, how is eq2 after the new expansion?

Comments

• TasTYTasTY Member Posts: 236
    It is..How do you say it..Good.

me like.image

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395

Well i can say it very easy.

untill 2 weeks ago i tried EQ2 at least 5 times with a trial since it released..never liked it, didnt like the graphics, the char customization, none of it.

untill i played the playthefae trial, i right off bought 4 copies of the game fully (me, my gf, best friend and brother in law) and im loving it!

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    From what I could see in the trial the Fae expansion is done fairly well.  It wasn't enough for me to buy it, but I did toy with the idea of using the Fae expansion to pass time until next semester begins.

I'm not a fan of EQ2 though, so it's no surprise that I decided against buying EoF.  They need to drop the other expansions from it and reduce the price to $15 to $20. (dropping the price $5 for the digital download is a token gesture and not a meaningful difference that justifies buying it at the so-called "reduced price")

Edited.  Gave into boredom today and bought it.  See the Fae Picture Thread (which is far too short) for new character pics.

~Mysk
  • WantsumBierWantsumBier Member Posts: 1,079

I have not been playing for all that long (4 months), but I really enjoy the game. The new expansion has added some nice new zones that seem to blend the lvls a bit.  I hated the Fey at first, but after seeing one riding his little horse.... I had to give one a try.

In other words...lots of new content, nice looking new zones, and cool new little toons that can glide. 

I shoot for the curve... anything above that is gravy.

• WindKunWindKun Member Posts: 45
    I played a little over a year ago at first, dug it and lost interest within the free month.

Now after playing the fae trial a few weeks ago I decided to buy it and love it tons!
  • Is there any + or - by buying the fae expansion online(soe) or in the store? like do i get some kind of ingame items?

• Another thing, atlast on the Eu servers, towns/big cities where always close to empty, sometimes you could find people running past you, or crafting in the crafting house thing(forgot the name). is it still like that? how is the population?

• Haven't done a search to see how many there is in the city actually, just said "empty" because there was rarely i saw something running past me or something similar when i played.

• calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 300
    I have tried the trials before and really found no interest in the game. I wasn't fond of the fact that you had to go basic and then specialize as you went up in levels. I heard people talking about how the new expansion made the game better so i decided to give the trial a try. When I started I had saw they had changed the whole basic class system and you can specialize right away. My first char was a fae conjurer. I will say I was blown away at how good the game got. After my 7 day trial I immediatly went out and bought the $40 expansion set. I feel the game got that good and I was just in the trial...can't wait to see what the rest of the game is like. I'm not a big SOE fan to begin with but I'm looking forward to playing in the EQ world.

• TheICETheICE Member UncommonPosts: 120
    On Blackburrow server, there is people everywhere and not hard to find groups. And when i make a new char all the servers in us says high population but not sure about eu servers.
  • EtoilePBEtoilePB Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Nitrius

Another thing, atlast on the Eu servers, towns/big cities where always close to empty, sometimes you could find people running past you, or crafting in the crafting house thing(forgot the name). is it still like that? how is the population?
    The population is, in general, only in the home cities when it needs to be.

Qeynos-based characters are mostly using the bank & broker services in Kelethin (the new fae) city these days, so they don't keep running back across the world.  With the addition of more commerce centers throughout the overland zones (little NPC "villages" & base camps in the expansion zones have merchants and menders and, in the newer expansion zones, crafting stations) as the game progresses, it becomes less and less of a necessity to return to your home city at the end of a playing session.

Beyond that, it's variable.  The poster above is correct that there can be a few players or many in any zone at any one time, and that it's ever only a snapshot.  My understanding is that the only really empty server is a European PvP one.  Some (Antonia Bayle, for example) are downright crowded.  Personally I prefer a lower-population server.  I can scrounge up a group when I need one, and I spend less time fighting over recources and mobs when I don't.
  • ZonaZona Member Posts: 33
    i like the new expansion because of all the new quests and monsters. The ambiant sound in lesser faydark reminds me of asheron's call 2, which is kind of cool. The new expansion is good,but I liked the game before the expansion.

I play on Najena server. There are alot of people who play Najena, but since the world is SO vast, everyone is all spred out. but, sometimes there are so many people in one zone that they have to create a new zone to keep lag down, like back when we first started playing. Anyways though, if you ever need a group and can't find anyone walking around, eq2 has a pretty stable chat system, to get a group with or help.

One last thing, most of the Najena population is American or Australian, so there are always someone to hang out with no matter what time it is

Everything Works if you let it

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    Originally posted by Nitrius

Another thing, atlast on the Eu servers, towns/big cities where always close to empty, sometimes you could find people running past you, or crafting in the crafting house thing(forgot the name). is it still like that? how is the population?

I think the main problem with EQ2 and big city zone is unlike EQ1 or WoW there is usually very little reason to be in this zones.At best its a quick pass for low level quests or picking up a writ or check bazaar which can be done from any crafting zone anyhow.There tend to be more activity even in a single crafter zone then the whole north freeport.

I cannot recall my guild ever once gathering near or in a city for a raid .And even when selling stuff by hand (i usually use the mail system or bazaar anyhow) the hand off is usually out of town.

• mentalmonkeymentalmonkey Member Posts: 85
    population isnt too bad on my server (runnyeye) but i find it hard to group with some of my chars especially my lvl36 but i dont play at peak times, there are plenty of peeps around though. but i cant speak for other servers because i havnt played them

EQ2 player
    Ex - EVE Online addict
    played -
    SWG, EQ2, Vanguard, Planetside, Second Life, EVE-O and a few randoms

• RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Goddamn the fact that I'm still on the DnL mailing list (not by my own volition, may I add) and I logged back in through curiosity - particularly, if anyone was still playing DnL or whether Vanguard was any closer to releasing (not that I intend playing).

Since I'm on annual leave and am ostensibly revising for an exam next week, I thought I'd peruse the boards and catch up on developments in the MMORPG - even though, for the most part, I have next to no interest in the MMORPG concept anymore.

Flicking through the EQ2 forum, I am absolutely flabbergasted that SOE have seemingly given EQ2 a complete overhaul and have produced what is a mature, polished MMORPG. All the praise and wetting panties over EoF, coupled with the overhaul and I can feel ye ol' EverQuest nostalgia tugging on my heart-strings, teasing and tempting me to buy EQ2 to hopefully experience the qualities (not necessarily a carbon copy game - I loved EQ but never want to repeat the experience) that made EverQuest a compelling game.

Unfortunately, I've discovered 'ambition' and now have real life 'goals' to focus on. Ugh. As much as I feel the lure of EQ2, I have too many demands - Career Professional Development, learning Mandarin, a trip to China and the not so insignificant goal of dating Asian women - and I know that these are not compatible with a MMORPG; especially a game as compelling as EQ2.

Even though I know these to be true, it is with tremendous difficulty that I focus on the year ahead without succumbing to the temptation.

I'll review the decision near the end of January 07, when I re-start my Mandarin course and have another 5 days of leave :p

I am camping real life: the loot is great, but the experience sucks. Also trying to date Asian [Chinese] women is proving to be a longer camp than the Cleric Epic in EverQuest.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

• Going to give the game a new chance once again, really want a mmo to play now, and at the moment its only EQ2 that is really tempting me to start.

So going to get me the new expansion and start a fae i think :P