Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My honest review of World of Warcraft

Hiya all, I was just pretty bored this morning so decided to do this review.
It arent really long ore anything, But it just covers the points i wanted in.

World Of Warcraft...
The proborally most famous mmorpg around atm, 7 million subscribers, I dont understand how they can have so many, This game is really uninteresting, Please hold on image

Graphics: 8,0
One helluva weird way too do graphics!, The cartoony graphics doesent look so good in my eyes, it is way to childish, and i just cant take it seriously!. Some areas does look great though.

Performance/Lag: 8,0
With so many people on all the time, It does actually work out very well, and i havent had alota troubles with it. Though, i have had irratating troubles with it a few times, But it works fairly well.

Sound/Music: 7,5
Nothing special in my eyes, The sound is pretty avarge, Likewise the music. Not alot to say about this one.

Community: 7,0
One of the bad points of WoW, The community can be extremly immature sometimes, And some people just runs around saying ''Noob'' Just when im asking a god dam question!. Sometimes, there is not even a single reply...
So overall the community in WoW, is nothing to prag about.

Service: 7,5
I havent used this alot, Only when i had troubles installing WoW on my old computer. It took a pretty long while for them to reply, And the help they gave me... The only thing i can say is ''Wtf?'' Waaay too advanced. They needed 3 tryes until it worked.
Overall, Not so good, But with so many people they need to help all the time, It is acceptable.

Fun: 5,0
This is where WoW has completely failed in my eyes!, I dident have ONE just ONE time in WoW where i had fun. The quests are so repeative and booring. Its like ''Go get X of that'' Ore ''Go get X of that'' ore a double combo like ''Go kill X of that, And get X of that'' Very very booring indeed. Then, theres alota grinding too. There is alota instances, And sometimes u just have to grind them to continue, Its terrible!. This game is not fun at all.

Value: 6,5
Overall, i wont say this game has alota value. The world is big, there is tons of quests i know, But whats fun about it when the fun is totoally drained out of it?.

Overall: 7,0
This game had a really big potentional, But failed so hard. It is really sad too see. This game still have a few years left, But the subscribers numbers will fall dramaticly when some of the new MMO's comes out, Like Warhammer Online, Age Of Conan,Vanguard, Gods & Heroes so on and so on...

Thankyou for reading my review, I will accept any critics but i do not want WoW fanbois posts there goes like ''Omg stfu u noob, If u dont like it dont go here, Lool'' stuff like that.

Thankyou. image
Man, that was fun too write image

Comments

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Well, uh, glad you got that outta your system.

I'm sure others will refute your opinions with opinions of their own, so I won't bother.

• GoddyfatherGoddyfather Member Posts: 239
    Maybe i should have posted this thread in general discution forums, and not in the WoW one. Here will all the WoW boys just vote on i dont agree, Too late now i guess

• VipexxVipexx Member Posts: 114
    The characters you sat doesn't really reflect your comments.. And you missed out a lot of stuff aswell.

Can't say I agree with this review, no.. Well, I agree on some points, but you were too kind on the characters.image

"What's a cocksmoker?"

Heh i know, Dident say this was gonna be a pro reviewimage

Well, I just wanted to point out that WoW haters will not agree with your review aswell.. Maybe not in this forum, though.image

"What's a cocksmoker?"

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

I am another person who does think some of the reviews went a little bit overboard with the reviewing of this game, especially when you see some laughable nominations for 'game of the year'. That said, I don't think it's a bad game and I think you've perhaps been harsh in your review for example, in particular your "fun" category where your nominate it a 5. I agree the quests aren't exactly very thrilling but did you try any other elements of the game, for example, instances or pvp?

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

let's see... first of all, to be taken seriously as a reviewer, you should STICK TO YOUR IDEAS.

you give the "graphics" an 8 even if you don't like it at all, why?

you give sound/music a 7.5 and say it is pretty average, that should be a 6 or 6.5 then.

you give the community 7.0 and say it is horrible? maybe you wanted to write 4 or 5?

you don't like the service and give 7.5?

so, if you want to do a review, make the numbers at least reflect what you say in it.

now to counterpoints:

Graphics: how graphics can be "childish"? cartoonish maybe you meant? and last time i checked, warcraft III had same style, they just stick to it with great results in my opinion.

Sound/music: average? on the sound department maybe but the music? what other MMorpg had a orchestral chorus music like the stormwind or ironforge parts for example? WoW is one of the few games i keep the music on loop, the other is EVE, must be a reason for it.

Performance/lag: can't argue here, almost never got a problem. they could improve the patch day troubles that sometimes affect servers (never mine though, odd) but overall, not bad. Also, the last patch was kinda buggy... on the whole front. they delayed Burning Crusade because they needed the extra time? good, then delay also the 2.0 patch because you need extra time there too.

Community: The good and the bad. i found great people and horrible people in wow. it is such a diverse community, you can't have it otherwise

Service: the gms always or almost answer to my in-game ticket in 30-60 minutes time. if i log off before, next day i always have an answer in my in-game mail. I never had technical or off-game problems so i do not know how they behave there.

Fun: the quests are many, varied and fun to do. beats hand down just going around killing monsters anyway. yes, some quests are "grinding quests" but even those usually build a chain in which you start killing the weaklings, then the bigger brothers and then you kill their chieftain, leader or whatnot. many quests are like this and give good sense of progression. certain quests are memorable and even have cut-scene like things going on. In addition, the instances are well designed to be challenging and fun too. To boot, there is loads to do in the non-fighting department. Oh! pvp too now that is not anymore so hardcore, is as enjoyable as ever. Finally, can't say for end-game, never reached that part yet.

Value: 9 classes, each totally different from the others, multiple levelling up regions for ANY given level with different flavors, different quests and different things to see and do, overall, a lot of value.

Final: 7.5 millions can't be wrong. well they CAN be wrong, but not in this case. Critics worldwide also agree on wow being one of the best MMOrpg atround and i agree with them. try this game and you might be surprised. oh! try to get to it with an open mind and know from day 1 what you get: this is not eve (or UO), just a game, not a universe simulator.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Well, this is your honest opinion, but i would hardly call it a review as you have missed massive chunks of the game and play out. How about PvP, new arena's, grouping, guilds, abience, Role Play servers, MOB's and much much more....

I disagree with most of your 'review,' but the comment at the end is what invalidates your comments most in my eyes;

You say that the game has a few years left in it, but subscriber numbers will drop as soon as new MMO's appear like Warhammer online, Age of Conan, Vanguard, Gods & Heroes etc..., but as non of these games are released yet how can you say how good they will be.

As i have said in several threads before, many games have been lauded in the past as the MMO to end all MMO's and then on final release have caused nothing but disappointment in most cases. I don't think that WoW can live on forever, but you need to be careful in announcing it's demise due to another MMO until solid proof of it's appeal is available.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Originally posted by Volkmar
    let's see... first of all, to be taken seriously as a reviewer, you should STICK TO YOUR IDEAS. you give the "graphics" an 8 even if you don't like it at all, why? you give sound/music a 7.5 and say it is pretty average, that should be a 6 or 6.5 then. you give the community 7.0 and say it is horrible? maybe you wanted to write 4 or 5? you don't like the service and give 7.5? so, if you want to do a review, make the numbers at least reflect what you say in it.
    Maybe he means 8/100, 7.5/100 etc..?

"What's a cocksmoker?"

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407

Originally posted by Vipexx

Originally posted by Volkmar
    let's see... first of all, to be taken seriously as a reviewer, you should STICK TO YOUR IDEAS. you give the "graphics" an 8 even if you don't like it at all, why? you give sound/music a 7.5 and say it is pretty average, that should be a 6 or 6.5 then. you give the community 7.0 and say it is horrible? maybe you wanted to write 4 or 5? you don't like the service and give 7.5? so, if you want to do a review, make the numbers at least reflect what you say in it.
    Maybe he means 8/100, 7.5/100 etc..?

If that's the case, then his review is even more wonky than before.

Heh, its going on the mmorpg.com scala.
    I know i know, the review istent very polished at all, but im not gonna sit for hours just for your entertainment, i just did it to have something to do atleast image

• haudvicushaudvicus Member Posts: 176
    Although I don't agree with his review, it's his opinion and I'm powerless to stop it. This is a forum where people can post just about anything, and I've seen far worse for topic choices.
  • Imgreat747Imgreat747 Member Posts: 3
    Wow, your quite the bright one aren't you? You're on a section for WoW, so most people who post here enjoy the game.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I don;t  like WoW. I quit after 3 weeks of  playing.. it was just boring game for me. I wanted to asnwer to this: "This game still have a few years left, But the subscribers numbers will fall dramaticly when some of the new MMO's comes out, Like Warhammer Online, Age Of Conan,Vanguard, Gods & Heroes so on and so on..."

It;s funny to see all those ppl on forums claiming that this or that game will kill WoW..  it;s  funny b/c WoW will be number 1 mmo for MANY years..  not a single 'next gen' mmo will get even 1 mill subscribers.. You can wish they will be so succesfull but it's just not possible..  not b/c WoW is better mmo but we all know that the quality of a game doesn;t matter when it comes  to sales.
    What makes you think anyone wants all those crazy leet kiddies in their game?

"What's a cocksmoker?"

• WOWLagsWOWLags Member Posts: 115
    The game lacks content, enough said.
  • Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336
    I would have given this:

Graphics :7

Performance :5 (been getting more and more lag/lag spikes with every patch, and those darn queues!)

Sound/music :5(music too repetative and short)

Community :4(and I play on Rp servers to, but the immature ones seem to have found thier way here...)

Service :7 (i haven't used the support team either much, but the GM's seem to reply to peoples tickets so i've heard)

Fun :6 (because its an average Mmorpg)

Value: 5 (if you mean replay vaule, there isn't any, unless your just an addict like me and you'll keep playing class after class, but eventually if your like me you will get tired of doing the same thing over and over)

Overall: 6 (this is your baisic cut and paste mmo, good for beginers, not so good for veterans who desier something more hardcore.)

I think that pretty much is a decent review of this game especially if you've been playing for a pretty long while. This was fun and everyone should write thier own review, and shouldn't matter what other people think because its YOUR review, not thiers. If they disagree then have them make thier own review :)

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884

I don't what you mean when you say you couldn't take the game "seriously", because of the graphics. Don't get me wrong, as gaming is what i do more than anything else... but games shouldn't be taken seriously, they're here for entertainment, fun and to generally wind down.

I do agree that if Blizzard don't tap into the potential of this game a lot more, then yes, they're going to lose a lot of subscribers especially those who love WoW's combat system. The combat system beats any MMO on the market today, you feel completely in-control of your character (with the exception of lag, but lag is apart of every game) and yet Blizzard only gives us Battlegrounds. Their "World PvP" is beyond a joke, to call those pathetic towers a World PvP event is an insult to us gamers - We want to take over cities!! That's what a PvP server should be all about.

That is why i think games like Warhammer will take the number 1 spot, even in subscribers. Gaming is about competition and fun, and with what Mythic are saying (and since i've done RvR in DAoC) about the challenges in WAR, i think the game will be everything WoW could have been if they'd dare to take a chance -even only on PvP servers!-.

-iCeh

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    I agree with you on a few things.

Community should get a 2,0 just for the trade channel being taken over by the old LFG channel dweebs. Add to that people who bypass the character naming convention with immature and sexual explicit names running around naked and spamming.

Fun should also get a 2,0 because you cannot do too much in the game unless you level up by doing quests or grind. After you've gone to 60 with one character all others follow pretty much the same path, its just the quests are named and described different. Character development is not good as well because you have no control over your characters attribute points when you level. The only way to change attributes is through items, which the game revolves around, items and levels.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• danno1984danno1984 Member Posts: 41
    This game had a really big potentional, But failed so hard

QFT
  • AcaeusAcaeus Member Posts: 193
    While I don't particularly agree with OP's review, I too think the graphics could've been made better, more specifically by using more HW lighting in spell effects and armor.

I think it's a pretty good game. The main reason I no longer play it is because of the lack of uniqueness of classes and talent specialization. I think, in the end most characters end up the same or more smilar than one might think.
  • LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

Silly question, what Video card do you have?  Because, I have seen lots of games and the Graphics in WOW are some of the best  especally if you look at any of the Wanabees.

Fun is subjective. 

You should download EVE, do the trial (make sure you go to low sec) then give a review in the EVE forums.

I also don't understand why so many people bash WOW, though if you can get them to actually admit it, most don't like WOW because they can't randomly gank (every where).  That and they forget that games are supposed to be fun for all, not just them.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    You can gank in places on the PVP servers as long as you survive while going into opposing areas. I used to see level 60 people going around and ganking level 20 and under all the time in Duskwood. Then when a few level 60s show up to attackers try to run away.

I got bored with WOW because of doing the same types of quests over and over and over. I tried creating other characters and you end up doing pretty much the same quests over and over. The only diversity in the game are items you equip.

I got characters into the high 40s and just couldn't take the repetitive quests. A lot of the mobs use the exact same models as you progress through the levels. They are just different levels with different names. A few people told me the game gets better when you get to 60 but I cant see myself sitting in front of the computer for more than 2 hours at a time getting items. Sure I had a lot of fun playing but the more I tried to sit down and log in the more the quests got annoying. I just think sitting in front of computer for more than 2 hours at a time is unhealthy.

Don't get me wrong its not a bad game and I don't try to get my friends to quit playing its just not a game for me.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• JoekabukeJoekabuke Member Posts: 191
    I think for most 60's, the game hit the wall. Leveling to 60 was fast and furious, I don't think Blizzard expected that so quickly. That being said, trying to add content for a rapidly maturing community is pretty tough. With the expansion due out next month, I expect a resurgence in subscriber levels as there will be something else to explore. The game is still the finest out there, by far. Not because of it's huge customer base, but because it allows most of us to jump in and have fun immediately. 

Granted, the hard core players will not be satisfied, but I don't think this is the game for them, at least in the long run. As an avid EQ player back in the day, I so wanted EQ2 to succeed. I even bought the new EOF expansion only to see the game remain pretty much the same after the initial FAE levels. I don't think Vanguard holds much hope for me, so until something comes along that knocks my socks off, I'm going to play WoW for the foreseeable future.
  • LeJohnLeJohn Member Posts: 313

Briansho, that’s why I said (everywhere),

Also part of the problem is that a lot of players try and rush to lvl60 without stopping to play the game.  I have 14 Avatars on 5 realms the biggest lvl42. But I have explored areas that a lot of players that only cared about lvling have never even seen. 

The world of WOW is Huge, if you don’t believe that then try swimming around both continents. Not only will us see that the World map is wrong but you will see areas that most people will never know existed.  And then these is the sea floor, you would be amazed what is down there just make sure you have lots of water breathing pots or unending breath.

There are hundreds of Easter eggs  all over as well as things to do and places to explore but all this is lost if all you care about is trying to get to lvl 60 as fast as possible. 

OH BTW, I have been playing off and on since gold and am proud of the fact that I have not hit lvl60 but I have taken a lvl 14 to every Flight path point.  If you cant run you can always swim, that’s how I first discovered south shore. By swimming up from BB.