Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW, EVE, and now FFXI

I've
been playing WoW for 10 months, leveling myself a nice little human
paladin lvl 56. But since I could only play 2 weeks a month, my friends
lvled up way faster. Then I said screw WoW and started playing EVE. It
was fun 'cuz anywhere I was, I only had to press a single button to lvl
during a week without even playing. Still, real RPG miss me. So I said
to myself: '' Why the hell should I continu a game where I can't even
see my F****** CHARACTEREimage! And CCP( the compagnie that owns EVE) just released a patch with real-caractereimage.
Anyway... now I want to start playing FFXI, but... I've been on the
official site and I'm not still convince, because the site isn't clear
enough and ,for those who played WoW, you got to admit it the site is
way better created. So if only somebody could send me some info about
that game , I would glady appreciate it.image

Comments

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    Play 2 weeks a month? You might reach the level cap in about 2015. image

• ColddayColdday Member Posts: 6
    that's the shit about having divorced parents, and my mother got a fucking pentium 3 with the crapiest video card... heard about it, it's called voodoo 3. Sure you didn't, the compagny just di bankrupt... Anyway.

• xIMPxxIMPx Member Posts: 191
    Yeah well I wouldn't advise FFXI if you're only going to have two weeks a month to play.  You have to devote your life to that POS to see any progress.

• wyzwunwyzwun Member Posts: 328

Originally posted by xIMPx
    Yeah well I wouldn't advise FFXI if you're only going to have two weeks a month to play.  You have to devote your life to that POS to see any progress.

And thats why we have a POS game like wow for you.

Rites of the Four Horsemen
    http://www.rotfh.com

• GrahamooGrahamoo Member Posts: 7
    Took me 9 months to get my first capped job in FFXI, it took me 3 weeks in WoW, there's your comparison.

• xIMPxxIMPx Member Posts: 191

Originally posted by wyzwun
    Originally posted by xIMPx
    And thats why we have a POS game like wow for you.
    I don't play WoW thanks.

• jotukasjotukas Member Posts: 5

Hello :P I played a lot of MMORPGs, but now wanna try only FFXI, because I liked all this game parts on Single player. image

Be good and all will be good with you. Kill this who are stonger than you :D

• GrahamooGrahamoo Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by jotukas
    Hello :P I played a lot of MMORPGs, but now wanna try only FFXI, because I liked all this game parts on Single player. image
    The MMORPG and the single player final fantasy series are nothing alike other than the name, it's a completely different thing with no tie-ins at all.

• jotukasjotukas Member Posts: 5
    I'm thinking to the same way :P. All the time I was playing L2 from it begining, now I wanna something different (played and other MMORPGs, but it was not for me). 

Be good and all will be good with you. Kill this who are stonger than you :D

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Originally posted by Coldday
    that's the shit about having divorced parents, and my mother got a fucking pentium 3 with the crapiest video card... heard about it, it's called voodoo 3. Sure you didn't, the compagny just di bankrupt... Anyway.
    Omg man that is just plain sad. I totally forgot about voodoo 3. Those peices of crap could barely run anything when i had one. But those were good times when MMOs were a new thing and had a small but close nit community.

• stevengwstevengw Member Posts: 53

Originally posted by Coldday

geez give your mom a break...She was probably fleeced by some one on the pc purchase..
  • Kyubi009Kyubi009 Member Posts: 10
    Well, there are *some* similarities, mainly of course aesthetical (names, classes, Chocobos!).

Anyway, to get back on topic - I played both WoW and FFXI. FFXI I played first, and that became so much of an addiction that at one point I had a radical break with it (coinciding with a move, so it was semi-forced) in order to get away from it. Yes, it is a timesink, and although it has been a fun timesink, I've now had enough of it after two and a half years of playing. WoW on the other hand I found too easy and although being able to solo things certainly made for a huge difference in experience (did go BST in the end though, but that's still slow and tedious soloing).

To figure out whether you like the game or not, what do you look for in an MMOG? Do you look for heavy RPing and storyline, do you look for phat loot, do you look for quick end-game stuff, for hack 'n' slash, cooperative, PvP? FFXI heavily focuses on some elements (PvE, cooperation and party play, mission-led storyline), but lacks other elements (large-scale PvP, solo leveling).

"Kono yo ni aku ga aru to sureba sore wa hito no kokoro da."