Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got Email from Themis!!!!!!

Comments

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by Regus Good news for the 500 winners, the game is pushed back till june 15th.That leaves much more time to test it, so a few days more of waiting won't be a disaster. imageOne day all will die, surely you but never I.

Okay, I'm not saying I don't believe MMORPG, but I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

Originally posted by Handa
    Mark my words, SoR will NOT release on April 15.

Words marked. Good thing we didn't place a wager on this... Good call Handa.... Occord?

-Mitsibishi image

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• HandaHanda Member Posts: 45

Dakkanon,

Your original post detailing the short period between "our" entry into a CLOSED beta and the release date of April 15 was very accurate.  Beta testing is to "kick the tires and rev the engine" of the game code.  Wasn't enough time to be an effective test so the 4/15/04 release was/is unachievable.  Remember that following a closed beta, there will also be an open beta to stress test the player load for server optimization.  It is questionable as to whether all this can be accomplished before the new scheduled release date of 6/04.  To hit that deadline, the code is gonna need to be relatively bug free.

Here's to hoping tho......

• JutsuJutsu Member Posts: 264

Thats great!

I knew that they would need more testing before publishing to the market..

(o'.')--------oo----('.'o)

• ArtarylArtaryl Member Posts: 66
    Alright guys who are still septical about the release date, Nevrax didn't announce yet any release date and they say it will go on store in Q2. Mean that it can go to June 30 so don't bother with a date until it's OFFICIAL!

Oooooh.... So MMORPG.com is lying :P lol jk jk..

Looks like they might go beta 3.. if thats possible.... wheres the beta website? Id like to see whats up in the beta testing.

• KugelnKugeln Member Posts: 151

Cool beans we get to test long yayimageimage

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831

Correct.  The official release date has not been announced yet by Themis.  I expect about another month of beta before release, if they don't do any more phases.  If they go into a completely new phase, then I would say 2-3 months.  From what I have heard from beta testers though, this game has been relatively clean so far and is making good progress.

• Lord_AraLord_Ara Member Posts: 73
    .....lock and load  your launchers boys, its times to rock atys.........

...in the end there was no Good and Evil only living and dead...

• Lord_AraLord_Ara Member Posts: 73
    it will be nice to fill the beautiful world they have created. I am excited for everyone that got in.

ya.. I hope my computer handles this game.. heres my specs

NVIDIA TNT2 32mb Video card

750mhz processor

400 mb of ram

ALOT of room in my computer

well from the graphics that i see in the screen shot i think the minimum requirements for the game are gonna be somthing like 1ghz processor 512 of ram and atleast a 64mb graphics card thats 8.1 or 9.1DriectX compatible imo but not sure

Dont know about that.. low performance settings should be good enough for me to run the game

• ZeflonZeflon Member Posts: 69
    anyone recieve a reply from them that is after you had put in the username on friday or whatever day it was on your side of the world? or should we expect another week or so.... this is not a flame so if you take it as one slap yourself real hard for me...3 times or so should be good enough (Also I take no responsibilty if you get injured while slaping yourself)

--Currently Playing--
    Earth and Beyond

--Waiting On--
    STO(Long Ways away)

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Originally posted by Zeflon 
    or should we expect another week or so....

I expect it to come next week (hopefully early next week). The reason why we have not gotten anything back is because it's the weekend. Doesn't matter that they are on the other side of the world, they still are not at work.

"Let me see if understand you... If I put my sword down and you put your rock down, we'll kill each other like civilized people?"

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• clothosclothos Member Posts: 19

I work the weekends, they should too! image       

hopefully we are all playing by tuesday.

a couple of days means a couple of days not a week not sure if the work weekends or not but if not the earlyest we could possably expect the info is sunday latenight as in it will be erlay monday morning in france :)

• reddog000reddog000 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    I hope the download of the client goes smooth.  I have heard this not the case but my fingers are still crossed.  I would hate to have to be downloading for like half a day :(  Especially when I can download over 1gig per hour.  Please go smooth :) 

-------------------------------------------
    Control is an illusion!

• hawkwindhawkwind Member Posts: 124

I have never been so excited to be a noob! Er. I mean, yay! We get to be elite beta testers! Hehe I bet we get a deferential reception at best by the long time beta testers....

image  Ryzom veterans welcomes noob tester! More on page 23!

Don't ya eat the yellow snow!

• RenaisseRenaisse Member UncommonPosts: 16

Man.. I finally win SOMETHING... and it is broken.

Hope we get to play soon.. the live date is pushing closer and closer.

It looks like a unique game,a nd I look forward to it, but if a company is this disorganized, then do I wanna pay to play?  When they forget to pay their programmers, they may wipe the characters and set the server on fire.

But seriously, I hope this does not reflect the way they plan on treating their real customer base, ya know?

My Weird Radio Station

• ArtarylArtaryl Member Posts: 66
    Alright guys, first Nevrax producing the game, second, this is a closed beta test. From the official press release, Nevrax have make partnership with Themis, Jolt and MDO for the customer service. Mean that they are organizing it right now so it can be alright for the public beta test. So wait for the open beta test to start saying things on customer service without knowing how it goes in game...

Wait, so the RYL winners get to download the Beta tonight and get their emails tomorrow? And we had to wait a week and a half for an email just to confirm that we did win? That's a bit lopsided. But I guess I shouldn't be complaining, it's still a free beta.

"Let me see if understand you... If I put my sword down and you put your rock down, we'll kill each other like civilized people?"

Currently:

• KruzilKruzil Member UncommonPosts: 95
    I still haven't received my confirmation e-mail from The Themis Group. image

Originally posted by Dalmar
    I still haven't received my confirmation e-mail from The Themis Group. image

image Uh oh. Might have mis-typed your email. May want to talk to the MMORPG staff to see if they can check what you filled out. Or maybe it's just a little slow getting to you. I dunno.

Currently:

• flabairflabair Member Posts: 188
    hi, i guess all of us still waiting to hear what our next step is to start testing. just remember they are working on the game and also trying to get the winners here and winners from other sites into the game, i read they where adding about 2000 to 2500 players for this beta and they need to get an easy way for all site winners to beable to get client and into game not just the 500 from this site. as this is still a beta they most likely dont have a full customer service staff as of yet as they would be paying them to just do nothing, i would say give them time and we should hear something this week at latest.