Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So you can do anything in SL?

nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438
What about creating a Jedi like order. Everyone part of the order dresses in Robes. It is ran like the Jedi Order was. Can you have powers, like the Force, or does this game have limits? Personally, I think that this game doesn't allow you to do anything and people are just exaggerating. But if you can create a society like I just mentioned and  it be legitamite, than I will give this game a try. Otherwise, I am not that interested. I am married and don't need virtual sex, I am not greedy, so building a corporate empire is not my thing either. I like adventure, sometimes fighting if needed, and things along those lines. If this game allows a person to create a true empire, forged through war, than this game might be worth looking at. But I doubt you can just build an army and take over peoples businesses and force them to serve your empire.

Comments

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Originally posted by nthnaoun
    What about creating a Jedi like order. Everyone part of the order dresses in Robes. It is ran like the Jedi Order was. Can you have powers, like the Force, or does this game have limits? Personally, I think that this game doesn't allow you to do anything and people are just exaggerating. But if you can create a society like I just mentioned and  it be legitamite, than I will give this game a try. Otherwise, I am not that interested. I am married and don't need virtual sex, I am not greedy, so building a corporate empire is not my thing either. I like adventure, sometimes fighting if needed, and things along those lines. If this game allows a person to create a true empire, forged through war, than this game might be worth looking at. But I doubt you can just build an army and take over peoples businesses and force them to serve your empire.
    sorry, this game doesnt allow you to interact in any other way than vocally...if you like to initiate verbal jedi battles then its all ok

• NorikueNorikue Member Posts: 6
    Yes, you can make a Jedi Order or whatever else Star Wars like. But in order to do the things such as powers in other MMORPGs you need to learn or hire a scripter. Some players have already made a game in there called Dark Life that acts like a basic MMORPG. You would need to make your own robes through a photoshop progam and import the textures. Also make light sabers out prims. I think some people have made those already but not scripted to interact. People have made interactive weapons for PVP. There's a samurai sword game on Samurai Island someone made. It's all scripting, texturing and builiding. Learn how to do that and yes, you can do anything there.

• ChimpeChimpe Member Posts: 11

Any sort of war mongering would have to be RP.  The only sort of power you have in Second Life is your wallet and ingenuity, well and maybe a certain efeminite body part image

A friend of mine was until recently part of a decent Jedi RPing group.  There are Jedi robes and other things you could use for makeshift Jedi gear about.  A lot of lightsabres you see about in freebie places. 

If your looking for a console feel for the combat or something along the lines of SWG then you might be a little disappointed, because even though there are combat zones and any move or effect is possible to create with time and scripting, by yourself or others, when it comes down to it Second Life isn't a combat game even though it's quite possible.