Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth trying again?

ShinuzShinuz Member Posts: 37
Ok i played in open beta and wasn't empressed at all (hence i did not buy the game) but now that its free (no monthly fees) im tempted to try the trial, but before i decide to waste some bandwith (yet again lol) i just want to know if anyone that has played in beta still plays and if yes is the game the same? lots of bugs, no enough drops.

Comments

• RudedawgCDNRudedawgCDN Member UncommonPosts: 507

It's still the same crummy game it was before.

Only now they have to give it away to get people to play it.

• ShinuzShinuz Member Posts: 37
    haha thats what i had guesed. well man they sure dont know how to make a good game don't they ;) lol

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Zigmund wouldn't know, he doesn't even play the game any more.

It changed on some fronts. the new PVP patch: "Season of Siege" will be launched soon. I suggest you try it again after that patch launches, you have nothing to lose.

There's hardly anyone except a few die hard fans still playing, if they don't customize this to a North American audience soon it's going to be dead.

Asian mmo's for the large part suck so bad, and this is a prime example - BEAUTIFUL graphics, just amazing eye candy and armours, but the rest of the game is dog doo.

Originally posted by Gameloading
    Zigmund wouldn't know, he doesn't even play the game any more.

It changed on some fronts. the new PVP patch: "Season of Siege" will be launched soon. I suggest you try it again after that patch launches, you have nothing to lose.

Actually I do check into forums from time to time to see what's new...

Sorry the game has not had any significant changes to warrant playing it - other than it's now free.

Season of Seige will not address a poorly implemented pvp system that discourages pvp (bounty system), game play and pve issues (boring and repetitive).

I have to give CM some marks for trying. But seeing their track record with RF Online and AL I would say they haven't a clue what they are doing.

Anytime you play a game where the publisher has no direct control over the game (CM) - it's trouble - I learned my lesson, I will not pay to play 3rd party titles anymore.

FREE? Well heh if you can't afford to pay to play a good game - you might as well play this, although I would still argue that AO is a better free title than this, and SB hands down is a better free title.

Oh, you check into the forums hahahaha.

You don't know if the Season of Siege won't adress the pvp system, because the patch notes aren't out yet. One thing is for sure: Its a PVP patch.

You saying SB is a better title pretty much sums it up that your biased and have nothing but blind hatred for the game. pathetic, really.

Originally posted by zigmund
      There's hardly anyone except a few die hard fans still playing, if they don't customize this to a North American audience soon it's going to be dead. Asian mmo's for the large part suck so bad, and this is a prime example - BEAUTIFUL graphics, just amazing eye candy and armours, but the rest of the game is dog doo.  
    Incorrect, its always a good idea to get your facts right. I created 2 new characters over the past few days, And every time there were at least 6~7 people in each of the newbie town alone (Moon elf and Orc). You would have known this if you actually still played the game.

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

Anchorville (Human starter town) has come alive again with anywhere from 10-20 people running all over at various times of the day. People are taking the opportunity to check it out now that they can play for free for 30 days knowing if they like it they can play for free on a monthly basis going forward. The costs of the retail key have dropped significantly.

The chat channel is busy with people asking lots of questions.

I'm glad people see the need to develop their own opinions as opposed to hopping in the back of Ziggy's AL Suxxors truck.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• xEckoxEcko Member UncommonPosts: 21

over last 2 days there has been about 40-50 people in noob orc town, my answer is yes try the game again i was the same as you listening to all the haters but i followed my instinct and i have fell in love with this game 

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Sounds like nothing worth going back to since closed/open beta.

Although,since I'm strolling from one MMO to another while I patiently wait for Darkfall to come out,I'll probably end up playing as a moon elf archer once more once it goes F2P.

How much PvP is Season of Seige going to offer? Maybe an incentive to kill people early on,but without heavily involving the level-based advantages? (60's killing 20's,etc)

Originally posted by Suitepee

Sounds like nothing worth going back to since closed/open beta.
    Although,since I'm strolling from one MMO to another while I patiently wait for Darkfall to come out,I'll probably end up playing as a moon elf archer once more once it goes F2P.
    How much PvP is Season of Seige going to offer? Maybe an incentive to kill people early on,but without heavily involving the level-based advantages? (60's killing 20's,etc)
    Season of Siege will contain the ArchLord system, needless to say it will turn up the PVP quite a lot. it will also include the castle sieges & Siege Weapons.
  • thatboysickthatboysick Member Posts: 11
    same here. I jus tried for the heck of it and loved it.
  • xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

i too beta'd this one, and got flamed and insulted by little fanbois for questioning the wisdom of the decision to charge a sub for it. hahaha

and thought i'd never look at it again, but now u can download the client and play a month for free - by which time the subs will be scrapped and it will continue to be free. looks like my position is to be adopted afterall

however, before i consider giving it some space on my harddrive, i'd like to know whether there is a client fee after the trial ends even though there will not be any subs. anyone know?

• SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Season of Siege will contain the ArchLord system, needless to say it will turn up the PVP quite a lot. it will also include the castle sieges & Siege Weapons.

Hmmm,guess I'll give Archlord a spin once more if they're offering a free trial for a month prior to the F2P. I must admit that for a PvE grinder,it wasn't terrible in terms of UI and controls. Hope there's no lag anymore though. I'll be back as my slutty moon elf archer.

• Ake_GamerAke_Gamer Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by xauss
    i too beta'd this one, and got flamed and insulted by little fanbois for questioning the wisdom of the decision to charge a sub for it. hahaha
    and thought i'd never look at it again, but now u can download the client and play a month for free - by which time the subs will be scrapped and it will continue to be free. looks like my position is to be adopted afterall
    however, before i consider giving it some space on my harddrive, i'd like to know whether there is a client fee after the trial ends even though there will not be any subs. anyone know?

Yes, there is a fee to obtain a client key following the trial period.

So:
    1. DL client.
    2. Obtain trial client key.
    3. Play 30 days free trial.
    4. Pay for retail key.
    5. F2P item shop model.

Dec 20,1999: AC1(DT).Since then:DAoC,SB,AC2,L2,EvE,WoW,SoR
    ====================
    Currently playing: ArchLord - L58 Knight
    LoTRo - L13 Dwarf Guardian

• xaussxauss Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 384

Ake_Gamer:-

So:

1. DL client.

2. Obtain trial client key.

3. Play 30 days free trial.

4. Pay for retail key.

5. F2P item shop model.

Ah thx Ake - point 4 was what i was after...

• thatboysickthatboysick Member Posts: 11
    no. play for 7 daiz. the 30 daiz was pose to b wen it was still p2p and u get 30 daiz free
  • RyuukoGoRyuukoGo Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by thatboysick

no. play for 7 daiz. the 30 daiz was pose to b wen it was still p2p and u get 30 daiz free

Translated to English .."No play for 7 days..the 30 days was supposed to be when it was still p2p and you had the first 30 days free."

• drpepperhahadrpepperhaha Member Posts: 11
    its no longer 30 daiz free. just 7. u dunt need to buy the game to get trial. Before u had to buy the game to get 30 dai trial then decide if u want to start paying monthly.
  • KrymsonSykkeKrymsonSykke Member Posts: 45
    I will have to agree with the ones in here that says it is worth trying again...I was in the beta as well and before like I said there were somethings I like and then there weren't...But since I did buy the game after it went free to play I have notice more noobs and I am excited to see the new patch when it comes out...But for you ones that do not like it quit bad mouthing it...I mean really grow up....
  • gymirgymir Member Posts: 17
    How many of the orcs in noob towns are just doing pot runs?