Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE account help

ElvenRangerElvenRanger Member Posts: 5

Ok umm I have no job atm (i am trying) now please dont call me names or anything this is just an idea.. I've been playing E&B for a while and in that game there is a system that allows you to buy a code online to start an account, they made it into a ingame business of sorts were you pay X amount of ingame credits for the code if there is a system like this on EVE i was wondering if I could strike a deal with someone to perhaps secur a code with a promise to pay twice its normal amount later on.. I realive you have no reason to trust me but I'm hoping someone will (assuming of course that such a system exists in EVE) I am a trustworthy person that likes to keep my promises if you would like to contact me my AIM is bahamut22002.

Comments

• imasigimasig Member Posts: 149
    If I understand you're wanting to purchase an account with in game currency (isk).  Not possible...in fact it is illegal per the EULA.

• ElvenRangerElvenRanger Member Posts: 5

If you refering to this

"Accounts may not be used for business purposes. Access to the System and playing EVE™ is intended for your personal entertainment, enjoyment and recreation, and not for corporate, business, commercial or income-seeking activities. Business entities and anyone who is acting for or on behalf of a business or for business purposes may not establish an Account, access the System or play EVE™. Accessing the System or using the Game for commercial, business or income-seeking purposes is strictly prohibited."

Dosnt that just refer to making REAL money off of the game.. cause no real money would be exchanged in the transaction I'm suggesting.

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

No Eve Online does not have any feature that you can purchase game time with ingame credits.

The Sale and Repurchase of Eve Online accounts is believe it or not condoned! They have nice little section written specifically on the Sale of Accounts and what you as the user must do so as not to get "ripped off"... 1st ever mmorpg where this was possible and I rather find it humerous.

Question
      Buying or selling an account
      Answer

Some people are selling their accounts and sometimes we get disputes as to who is the real owner of an account. The EULA states: "You must notify CCP, via electronic mail at [email protected], no later than five (5) days after the transfer, stating in your notice: (i) that you have transferred your Account and the date of transfer; (ii) your true name; (iii) your current postal address; (iv) your current e-mail address; (v) your login name; (vi) your player name; (vii) your Account number (if any); (viii) the transferee's true name; (ix) the transferee's current postal address; (x) the transferee's current e-mail address; and (xi) that you certify that you transferred all of your rights to the Account to the transferee, and that such transfer complies with all of the terms and conditions in the current version of the EULA."
    If this has not been done, the account legally belongs to whoever registered it originally.
    Please take the time to get acquainted with this rule before selling or buying an account.

How do you make a safe account transfer?
    Please notice that the new user will see all your account information, as you see them (also the 4 last digit of the credit card number, like you do), it is on his/her responsibility to change this information.
    If you just transfer your account without unsubscribing, the new user could change the account password, but decide not to change the billing info.
    The safe way to transfer an account is to cancel your subscription. If you are paying with credit card you have to log in at
    https://secure.eve-online.com/login.asp, click on the "subscription info" tab and click on cancel.
    Please notice that you are cancelling the next credit card payment, the account won't get de-activated until your current payment peroid is over. Please do not cancel your subscription on the last minute, because then the credit card transaction might have already been processed by the credit card company (it is best to cancel with few days in advance).
    If you are paying with PayByCash or GameTimeCards, it is enough not to renew your payment (i.e. buy a new GameTimeCard or renew your payment at PayByCash).
    Whatever payment method you are using, it is safest to transfer your account when it is de-activated. You should be able to see if your account is de-activated when you click on the "Subscription info" (on the account management page - i.e.
    https://secure.eve-online.com/login.asp), and see that your subscription status is Suspended .
    The reason you have to do this, is that now, when the account has been de-activated, the new user has to re-activate the account, that means that he/she has to enter a new payment method (credit card, PayByCash or GameTimeCards), if he/she chooses the credit card option, he/she has to enter a new credit card number (he/she cannot under any circumstances use the old one as the credit card field has become empty when the account was de-activated) to activate the account. However, he/she will always see all your other information (name, address etc. , so the new user has to change them, but he/she cannot abuse your billing information anymore).

- Malkavian image

"When you find yourself falling into madness... Dive." - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• imasigimasig Member Posts: 149

You're correct Malkavian.  It's not illegal to change the ownership of an account but they don't want you to use in game public channels or their forums to advertise you're account.  If you start trying to sell you're account in the trade channel then people will start to petition you and after 5 you get gagged.  So yeah it's kinda funny because they're pretty much saying keep it on ebay.

In this case I think he was wanting to buy an account with in game credits.  1st you would have to find someone who had an extra account and willing to sell that for in game isk.  Most people want $$$ for their accounts and if they were willing to sell it for isk they wouldn't do it on a loan basis since most new players struggle making money in the beginning.  Also you would have to enter a new credit card to take over billing which you wouldn't want since that was the reason you were wanting to pay with in game credits.

• ThargorThargor Member UncommonPosts: 8

Just found this link on EVE
    For E/B players.  http://www.eve-online.com/enb/

As for not using CC you can buy gamecards.
    But i think they only are selling them in germany atm.
    And online, but then you need a CC so that is back to the start..