Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

you wanna know why people hate it? look here!!

13»

Comments

• JKnight1JKnight1 Member Posts: 72
    I played RS for near 6 years. I started with RS 1, now known as Classic. I loved every minute of it. I spent most of my time on the clan forums, roleplaying, yes, actually roleplaying, and dealing with clan politics. I led a clan that is STILL going, now about 5 years old. Crimson Hunters is it's name.

I'd like to say I disagree. It is a wonderful game. Safe for younger players. Cheap, lot's of content, fun, and updated on a regular basis. Who cares what the graphics look like? If graphics made the game, that's pretty sad. I still play games the likes of Dune 2000, Doom 2, X-Com UFO Defense, Ultima Underwold: Stygian Abyss, and many other older games. Why? Content, story, and just plain fun. Graphics may have been "shoddy" but I was too enthralled by the gameplay to care.

That is the case with RS. I was enthralled, can even say addicted. But I enjoyed every minute of it. Many people I met there I STILL talk to today. I don't play it much anymore. Every once in awhile i'll play for about a week or so, before I go somewhere else. But that's not RS' fault. I've been suffering from Gamer's ADD. I can't keep my attention on one game long enough to get deep into it. mostly, that's the fault of the plethora of MMO's i've played that were cookie cutter, grind, and lacking in both content and story. Even WoW bored me, got to level 20 and quit. RS, I got to level 76 in 6 years. Yeah, that's a long time, but that's because I was enjoying other aspects of the game, like the forums and the clan life.

I can honestly say RS was one of the best damned games I ever played. And I'd reccomend it to other people just getting into the gaming scene, especially online. I introduced about 10 people to it, and they ALL loved it. I won't take what a few people say about a game that over 200,000 are STILL playing. Something is still being done right, and that's all that matters.

~JKnight1
  • ZviesZvies Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by JKnight1

I played RS for near 6 years. I started with RS 1, now known as Classic. I loved every minute of it. I spent most of my time on the clan forums, roleplaying, yes, actually roleplaying, and dealing with clan politics. I led a clan that is STILL going, now about 5 years old. Crimson Hunters is it's name.

I'd like to say I disagree. It is a wonderful game. Safe for younger players. Cheap, lot's of content, fun, and updated on a regular basis. Whon cares what the graphics look like? If graphics made the game, that's pretty sad. I still play games the likes of Dune 200, Doom 2, X-Com UFO Defense, Ultima Underwold: Stygian Abyss, and many other older games. Why? Content, story, and just plain fun. Graphics may have been "shoddy" but I was too enthralled by the gameplay to care.

That is the case with RS. I was enthralled, can even say addicted. But I enjoyed every minute of it. Many people I met there I STILL talk to today. I don't play it much anymore. Every once in awhile i'll play for about a week or so, before I go soemwhere else. But that's not RS' fault. I've been suffering from Gamer's ADD. I can't keep my attention on one game long enough to get deep into it. mostly, that's the fault of the plethora of MMO's i've played that were cookie cutter, grind, and lacking in both content and story. Even WoW bored me, got to level 20 and quit. RS, I got to level 76 in 6 years. Yeah, that's a long time, but that's because I was enjoying other aspects of the game, like the forums and the clan life.

I can honestly say RS was one of the best damned games I ever played. And I'd reccomend it to other people just getting into the gaming scene, especially online. I introduced about 10 people to it, and they ALL loved it. I won't take what a few people say about a game that over 200,000 are STILL playing. Something is still being done right, and that's all that matters.

~JKnight1
    I'm confused, first you said you play 5 years and then 6???? Also, lvl 76 in 6 years is pretty lame by any game standerds(sorry i can't spell)
    No, I said I played for 6 years, led a clan for 5. I played for free for about a year before becoming a member. That day I started the clan. It's not "lame", it's how I play. Numbers don't make the player, knowledge of the game does.

Yer whatever

CASE CLOSED!

P.s, my mate swanny212 (name in game) got to like lvl 86 in like 2 1/2 years.

• ownedyou1ownedyou1 Member Posts: 364
    I played rs from 2001-2005, don't login much now, However it was my first mmo and it got me into graphic design, 4 coding languages, and a bright future, and I'm only 16.
    Zvies, that's nice. Doesn't make me any less of a player than your mate, just to inform you.

But that's besides the point. The game is great. Nay sayers be damned .
    Originally posted by ownedyou1

I played rs from 2001-2005, don't login much now, However it was my first mmo and it got me into graphic design, 4 coding languages, and a bright future, and I'm only 16.
    Yeah, it's a great first time mmo but if you've played others like Last Chaos or WoW then it's useless.
  • KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by ownedyou1

Kaabulk, all your doing is giving mindless statements without evidence to back them up.you are too on some of these reasons

"These people play eq2, so they must hate it"

"WoW people obviously hate it" i never said that  i was arguying that alot of those players played runescape before and hate it to this day...thats out of context my friend

You have no proof, jagex make around 400-600m a year (On estimated figures)pfft yea right they make 20million year from ads and 7.5mil a year from members and your talking about me backing my stuff up with no proof got it from wikipedia i believe

In 2002 they announced 4 million accounts had been created,pfft baack then they only had like 200k active accounts...

Since then they havn't released figures, but back then only 50k people would play at one time, now, 300k play at one time, on over 100 servers. um dude whos this got to do with anything i said and it aint 300k it is around 200k...

Now runescape may be a game for 'kids', but jagex know that it makes money, Runescape has more active Accounts created than WoW, however actual members account vary from 3-6million. (Jagex interview  CJB)  um they only have 800k members according to wikipedia i believe

Runescape may not be a game for you, but that doesnt give you the right to presume everyone hates it, because you have no FACTS to back it up. dude those were estimates an yes alot of people hat played WoW have played runescape before and hate it to this day...never played eQ2 or EQ1 so not sure about those.
  • KaabulkKaabulk Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by JKnight1

I'd like to say I disagree. It is a wonderful game. Safe for younger players. Cheap, lot's of content, fun, and updated on a regular basis. Who cares what the graphics look like? If graphics made the game, that's pretty sad. I still play games the likes of Dune 2000, Doom 2, X-Com UFO Defense, Ultima Underwold: Stygian Abyss, and many other older games. Why? Content, story, and just plain fun. Graphics may have been "shoddy" but I was too enthralled by the gameplay to care.

That is the case with RS. I was enthralled, can even say addicted. But I enjoyed every minute of it. Many people I met there I STILL talk to today. I don't play it much anymore. Every once in awhile i'll play for about a week or so, before I go somewhere else. But that's not RS' fault. I've been suffering from Gamer's ADD. I can't keep my attention on one game long enough to get deep into it. mostly, that's the fault of the plethora of MMO's i've played that were cookie cutter, grind, and lacking in both content and story. Even WoW bored me, got to level 20 and quit. RS, I got to level 76 in 6 years. Yeah, that's a long time, but that's because I was enjoying other aspects of the game, like the forums and the clan life.

~JKnight1
    i was in crimson hunters when i played :O we liked owned in rsb