Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

servers down?

enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

I re-installed the latest client earlier today, and I contantly get a "status unknown" message.

The official website isn't much help but it does seem like with the latest content update a lot of people are having issues.

I've tried everything from pinging them, adjusting firewall settings, editing my pref.ini file, etc.

thanks in advance!

Current Games:

Comments

• MutinyMutiny Member Posts: 13

I'm having the exact same problem and if you check out the known issues forum on the official site, alot of other people are in the same boat. Theres been alot of talking going on about it and some people have fixed it by completely reinstalling XP. Others have gotten it to work by reinstalling EVE. 

I phoned my ISP provider (rogers) and asked if it was a problem on their end, and I was told I wasn't the first person to ask about it and that they were looking into the issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Heres some links to the threads:
    Linky
    Linky

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

thanks mutiny,

I am having the same issue as the comcast user on the boards there, I remember scouring the threads last night. It could be comcast, it could be ccp. I have already gone and uninstalled/reinstalled the client numerous times yesterday. I am not going to wipe my machine just yet. I haven't had a single problem with any other mmo including eve (played from Jan-May earlier this year) I guess I can wait a bit longer to see if things improve.

Current Games:

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700
    Hmm that's odd.. haven't had a single problem on Cox.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• MutinyMutiny Member Posts: 13

Originally posted by Taram
    Hmm that's odd.. haven't had a single problem on Cox.

Yup, it's very wierd. My friend that lives about 2 minutes away from me, uses the same ISP can connect to EVE without any problems. Which makes me think it's something CCP has done.
  • enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464
    I fixed things on my ended up having to switch my virtual mem settings from cache to software.

Current Games: