Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decay

AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

LOL!

Not only did EQ2 keep going the decay road(bad bad mistake), they make it so hardcores players can make an item immune to decay while the casuals take it fully into the chin!  REMOVE DECAY completely(best) or affect all the players and all the items, no favoritism pro-leeching system!

No more comments!  That is beyond my wildest nightmare if we exclude how someone need to raid to be able to be the best at anything!  *grumbles*

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren

Comments

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

It's not that I don't believe you Ano, but where did you hear about this? Hardcore players can have Immunity where as a Casual player does not?image

Proof da[]v[]nit! I need it!

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• NagarianNagarian Member Posts: 4

As Anofalye said, here's a quote from official FAQ from SoE on the Everquest 2 forums

We have the ability to reduce the rate of decay on specific items or make them totally immune to the effects of decay if we wish. We understand that part of the appeal of EQ is that it's a very item-centric game, and that having the best items in the game deteriorate wouldn't be fun for anybody.

So, again, SoE is heading toward Hardcore gamers favoritism in their built-in systems for EQ2...

Well, it won't be EQ2 after EQ for me.

• DakkanonDakkanon Member Posts: 289

wow! Good thing I'm planning on being an addict then or "hard core player".

It is a turn off to have items with a Decay Value. Usually when games have this, rare items aren't so rare, which makes the game... too easy (persay)?

At any rate, I'm pleased to find that I personally won't have decay, but still leaves room for "this sucks" attitude towards part time players...

-Dakkanon
    Ryzom BT #478
    Horizon-White Dragon =Spirit Server=

-Dakkanon
    Paradigm, an Accretia Clan

• AnofalyeAnofalye Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,433

*sight*

Decay is so bad...

Decay for all but the high end is beyond any common sense.  If only 1 item is to decay, it have to be in the high end to start and you progress that way, and leave low end stuff to not decay, not the other way around!  Players that have the time to replace stuff that decay are players that have the time to acquired the Vorpal Longsword + 5 of Dancing flame defending Ice wreakage.  Not the folks using rusty dagguers damn it!  The uberer something is, the easier it is to decay, ask M. Universe if he dont exercise 1 day, he decay a lot everyday he dont exercise.  Someone barely able to do a little of weight lifting dont decay fast, not much to decay anyway!

And woot!!!  Nag!!!  Long time no heard!  You finnally left Neriak?  Tired of the high elf illusions I left near the SK guild entrance? :)

- "Coercing? No no, I assure you, they are willing to bring my bags and pay public transportation just to help me, it is true!''

- "If I understand you well, you are telling me until next time. " - Ren