Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New TCOS movie

Ok ok, its more the new video of Within Temptation but with all the brand new ingame video shot that the video shots shows who cares :D

Check it out in www.the-howling.com.  To bad you need to register and login to watch the movie though :(

Comments

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

Even if I thought that TCoS was not going to be a particularly good product, I would have to heartily applaud their inclusion of Within Temptation's blend of gothic/symphonic rock in their game. If there is one failing that nearly every MMORPG today shares, it's a lack of dynamic music across the board.

Some games are better than this than others, but in my opinion, the music overall is very lackluster in the majority of them.

Looking forward to TCoS; I've been watching them on the sidelines for quite some time. The trailer really did look splendid.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Originally posted by Somnulus

Even if I thought that TCoS was not going to be a particularly good product, I would have to heartily applaud their inclusion of Within Temptation's blend of gothic/symphonic rock in their game.

You can stop applauding right there, because the music of Within Temptation is not in the game. It is only used for promotion. The ingame music is from Jesper Kyd.

--
    Delanor

• ZubaZuba Member Posts: 141
    the trailer imho isnt that good, opinion withheld, but the flashes of the game looks good though.

• SomnulusSomnulus Member Posts: 354

Originally posted by Delanor
    Even if I thought that TCoS was not going to be a particularly good product, I would have to heartily applaud their inclusion of Within Temptation's blend of gothic/symphonic rock in their game.
    You can stop applauding right there, because the music of Within Temptation is not in the game. It is only used for promotion. The ingame music is from Jesper Kyd.

Well, that is unfortunate. Just once, I would like to go into a fantasy MMORPG and hear some guitars for a change instead of orchestras (synthetic or otherwise) or amorphous, fluffy and bland chimes, wind sounds and bells. Something that actually gets my blood pumping and has an edge to it.

What a pity. I listened to the three Jesper Kyd tracks on the download page. About what I would expect to hear in a fantasy RPG. Not great, not bad.. just there to fill the quiet places.

Abbatoir / Abbatoir Cinq
    Adnihilo
    Beorn Judge's Edge
    Somnulus
    Perfect Black
    ----------------------
    Asheron's Call / Asheron's Call 2
    Everquest / Everquest 2
    Anarchy Online
    Shadowbane
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Star Wars Galaxies
    Matrix Online
    World of Warcraft
    Guild Wars
    City of Heroes

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Well, that is unfortunate. Just once, I would like to go into a fantasy MMORPG and hear some guitars for a change instead of orchestras (synthetic or otherwise) or amorphous, fluffy and bland chimes, wind sounds and bells. Something that actually gets my blood pumping and has an edge to it.What a pity. I listened to the three Jesper Kyd tracks on the download page. About what I would expect to hear in a fantasy RPG. Not great, not bad.. just there to fill the quiet places.
    When asked we got a vague answer in which it was hinted that the Within Temptation music might be used for something else than just promotion, but no indication for what. So who knows.

Personally I do not feel that the Within Temptation music fits in the TCoS world, but that might have to do with the fact I do not like the music Within Temptation wrote for TCoS. I do like what Jesper Kyd did for TCoS. I cannot imagine music that include vocals in game anyway, except in public estabishments and around music podia in the game.

Anyway, most mmorpg allow you to turn down the in game music selectively so that you can listen to you own favorite music. I guess TCoS will be no different in this respect.

--
    Delanor