Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DOOM III and DUKE NUKEM forever

Okay, well it seems that Duke Nukem forever is taking forever.... DOOM III took a long time and was I the only one truly dissapointed in that game?

ANYONE ELSE DISSAPOINTED IN DOOM III ? I thought it totaly sucked tbh.

I think Duke Nukem forever is never going to come out... I think maybe there is like 2 guys working on it part time after work... who knows and at this point who cares, right? it will probably be a sucky dissapointment like Doom 3....

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

I don't see why people say Doom is better than Doom 3 cause it's not. Doom 3's gameplay is far better and the atmosphere drags you in.

I mean what did people expect in doom3? Afterall people did want doom with better graphics.

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by scaramoosh

I don't see why people say Doom is better than Doom 3 cause it's not. Doom 3's gameplay is far better and the atmosphere drags you in.
    I mean what did people expect in doom3? Afterall people did want doom with better graphics.

I thought it was boring ... and I couldnt see many things because it was so dark.
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709

Yes. It was very dark. But so is space..? And if its a creepy mars station that went to Hell..then it'll prolly be dark lol.

Oh! And the devs even give you a flashlight :). There's a reason for it yanno. I used it a hell of alot.

• SmurfMagicSmurfMagic Member Posts: 664

Originally posted by MajorBiggs

Yes. It was very dark. But so is space..? And if its a creepy mars station that went to Hell..then it'll prolly be dark lol.
    Oh! And the devs even give you a flashlight :). There's a reason for it yanno. I used it a hell of alot.

Why didnt the DEVS give us night vision googles instead of a dumb flash light?
  • kaibigan34kaibigan34 Member Posts: 1,508

Originally posted by SmurfMagic
    Okay, well it seems that Duke Nukem forever is taking forever.... DOOM III took a long time and was I the only one truly dissapointed in that game? ANYONE ELSE DISSAPOINTED IN DOOM III ? I thought it totaly sucked tbh. I think Duke Nukem forever is never going to come out... I think maybe there is like 2 guys working on it part time after work... who knows and at this point who cares, right? it will probably be a sucky dissapointment like Doom 3....  
    Look at Half-Life 2. That took forever and a day. But it did come out. And the next episode will bring another sequel people used to say was vaporware.....Team Fortress 2.

Kai

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    I liked Doom III. Duke Nukem, I miss that guy. The last highlight of Duke Nukem was the Duke and Lara (Croft) thing where there was quote "love in the air". In Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, if you pick up the phone you can hear Lara Croft having an extreme orgasm. Funny stuff.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336
    Doom 3 was suppose to be dark. It was suppose to freak you out when you played it. Quite frankly I think they did a great job making Doom 3. I'm playing the expantion right now and I'm still loving it. I wish they'd make a Doom for the Nintendo DS...I used the flashlight alot myself. I think with night vision goggles it wouldn't be the same, at least the same in spookyness. I'm a Duke Nukem fan also but didn't know they were releasing another one. 

• DrunkenWDrunkenW Member Posts: 250

Okay, well it seems that Duke Nukem forever is taking forever.... DOOM III took a long time and was I the only one truly dissapointed in that game? ANYONE ELSE DISSAPOINTED IN DOOM III ? I thought it totaly sucked tbh. I think Duke Nukem forever is never going to come out... I think maybe there is like 2 guys working on it part time after work... who knows and at this point who cares, right? it will probably be a sucky dissapointment like Doom 3....  

Doom 3 is a masterpiece. Call it post-modernism if you will.

As much as D3 was about making money it was aslo, in my eyes atleast, a statement about what the original game was supossed to be.
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by MajorBiggs

Why didnt the DEVS give us night vision googles instead of a dumb flash light?

It was supposed to be dark, its called "atmosphere".

If it wasnt so dark and forboding i think i would have hated Doom3 but as it stands i think its a fantastic game.

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

I'd think if a station on mars opened a gateway to Hell and demons spilled out into the mortal realm it would be horrifying and very dark. I also agree Doom III was awesome, I was scared to even look aroudn the corner :P

And I heard it through the grapevine that Duke Nukem Forever was pretty much cancelled. It has one if it's games on the national banned list, you know.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.