Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Interview with Tasos Flambouras

13»

Comments

• Zerocool009Zerocool009 Member Posts: 4

This game has a lot of good ideas and concepts going for it... hopefully it does not end up like Dark and Light did. On another note, the interview was good considering they might not have been able to ask certain questions... i really would not bash the interviwer w/o knowing all the details... hell i'm glad they actually got an interview...hopefully this game and The Chronicles of Spellborn rawwwwwwk b/c i dont want my friends telling me how awsome WoW BC is because WoW IS DEAD TO ME!image

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by bethaneq
    imageThis game is nothing more then a concept with hype. No money to ever make this game a reality. I'm sick of all the damn talking. Bullcrap is all they have. For crying out loud, the first trailor was a video recorder shot of the game from a monitor. Bunch of jokers.

First nobody force you to follow this game so beat it:P

Secondly becouse of your reply like all those dumb negative morons like yourself you only come here becouse your prolly some fanboi of other game and try discourage peeps to believe this game will be released and gonne play it .

This game has no competion at all its a CLASS of its own all hardcore pvp WILL PLAY THIS GAME.

So you sir are some dumb carebear who just trolling this topic and make ass of yourself silly kid:P

DARKFALL FOREVER!

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• WolfmeisterWolfmeister Member UncommonPosts: 50

it isnt that the inverview was bad, its just that the fact is... we cant know if this game is a stinker until someone gets in beta and then illegally leaks whether its a good one or not. LOL.

I mean, we all know that the PR guy isn't going to do anything other than hype his product.

I admit though, their vision for a game; skill based not level, crafted items not looted, penalties for bad actions not just dissallowing all things... these are back to the core of what made origional UO so good.

But, as we all gamers know, theres a million things that they dont tell us about a game, and its impossible to know whether you are dealing with a worthy experience, until someone gets in.

We are the Founding Fathers in this virtual world in which we create. As such it seems we must do what our Founding Fathers had to do.. in order to let our fellow gamers have a fair shake.

• ArqentusArqentus Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by Stevis
    Real time fighting in a fantasy mmorpg heel ya bout time I say. Noi levels skill increases with use sounds like and upgraded version of UO. Im hyped and am gonna give it a shot.

Don't get to hyped...

I've been hyped about this game on & off for about 4? years or so. I still remember the first screenshots. But, after all these years, the game starts to look indeed more like vaporware. And trust me, it pains my heart. I've been looking for a replacement for 'old school' UO a long time.

What bothers me the most is the fact that so little REAL information is out. Don't bother going to the forum's because its the typical overhyping going on there, and before you know it, you will think that most of that stuff is ingame, when in reality, its stuff made up by the people there.

The real information about the game is scares. So is any information about how the game really plays. I still remember a movie clip from DF from a while ago ( 6 months or so? ), and the game looked a early stage development.

And to be honest, its starting to piss me off. Every few months or so, i run into DF again, while checking up for any new MMORPG's that are 'old school' UO. And the tidbits of information that get released are ... painful. I'm always left with the though: "ffs, is this still not in beta testing". To me, it looks more like Duke Nukem Forever then anything else :( At times i wonder, if this ever gets released, if i'm ready to retire by that age ...

I for one, don't like this. Every few months they are hyping the game again with a few obscure interviews, maybe some new screenshots with over Bloom. But when you look at the few movies available, it looks like a 2000 game. Where is the polycount? Look at the guns of the coastal defense. It looks like a 8 sided piece. The buildings ... the same. And then the game still gets no beta stage. I don't know. I can't help shake the feeling, that its going to turn out into another flop. I really hope it will not, but after 4 years, that feeling just keeps growing more & more.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by forest-nl

This game is nothing more then a concept with hype. No money to ever make this game a reality. I'm sick of all the damn talking. Bullcrap is all they have. For crying out loud, the first trailor was a video recorder shot of the game from a monitor. Bunch of jokers.

Secondly becouse of your reply like all those dumb negative morons like yourself you only come here becouse your prolly some fanboi of other game and try discourage peeps to believe this game will be released and gonne play it .

This game has no competion at all its a CLASS of its own all hardcore pvp WILL PLAY THIS GAME.

So you sir are some dumb carebear who just trolling this topic and make ass of yourself silly kid:P

DARKFALL FOREVER!

Do you have any idea what you made yourself look just now?
  • 0k210k21 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by Gameloading

Originally posted by forest-nl

This game is nothing more then a concept with hype. No money to ever make this game a reality. I'm sick of all the damn talking. Bullcrap is all they have. For crying out loud, the first trailor was a video recorder shot of the game from a monitor. Bunch of jokers.

DARKFALL FOREVER!

Do you have any idea what you made yourself look just now

Do you? Try checking your own posting and grammar before trying to make fun out of others' so you don't make yourself look like an idiot, that's what the edit button is for.

I have to agree we do need more information on dates and development, I can understand all the hush hush since this is clearly a game that is on a massive scale and has had a lot of time taken on but even games like this have to keep reporting in to websites so that people know the game still actually exists and not just vaporware as so many people here seem to be claiming even though they don't really bring up any proof to back it up.

Quoting people doesn't make you clever, in fact, it makes you all the more stupid for not bothering to read the quotes you post in the first place.