Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

avril lavigne - cool or wannabee

avril lavigne, personally i think she is a wannabee metalhead.

what do you think ?

Comments

• GamewizeGamewize Member Posts: 956

I voted no personally because her music isn't all that great and becuase, well, something, this space for rent.

I think it's the objective of your past self to make you cringe.

• TyrolerTyroler Member Posts: 97
    i wouldent call her a wannabe metalhead, cause none of the music she makes is metal in any way, and i doubt she would consider herself to be a metalhead either. i think shes more of a punk/rock wannabe

she freaking hot but thats about it realy :)
  • RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

She makes me want to hurt small animals.

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    You guys think all the ugly people are hot.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

A wannabe metalhead?  I don't know about that, but I think she wishes her life would be worse than it is, so she could write more crappy music about how much her life sucks.

Poor me, I have millions of dollars and financial security for the rest of my life, I can't find anything to write songs about except for how much life is unfair.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by kel11
    You guys think all the ugly people are hot.

Do not. I've never once put you on my "hot" list::::12::

• KhuzarrzKhuzarrz Member Posts: 578

Originally posted by Draenor
    A wannabe metalhead?  I don't know about that, but I think she wishes her life would be worse than it is, so she could write more crappy music about how much her life sucks. Poor me, I have millions of dollars and financial security for the rest of my life, I can't find anything to write songs about except for how much life is unfair.

Except that 95% of her songs were written before she'd even performed live... Good job on that one... Find a new reason please :)

She makes good music, she has an exceptional STUDIO voice (live, she sucks... badly... REALLY badly...) and her songs mean something more than "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I WANT TO BURN CHURCHES DOWN!!!!!!!!!", so blatently she's not trying to be metal. I wish people would be given music to listen to without being told who listen to it lol. I played most people in my school Why by Avril Lavigne, which is a beautiful acoustic song that I've performed more times than I can count. Noone recognised her voice in it, everyone loved it... And then I threw in the fact that it was Avril Lavigne... Cue swift retractions... Stupid haters...

Avril Lavigne ftw. End of.
  • NierroNierro Member UncommonPosts: 1,755
    She was so anti-establishment in that Honda commercial.

• BlazinBladesBlazinBlades Member Posts: 1,214

Originally posted by HAMMERS38

what do you think ?

I do not know if you have noticed but every one in the music industry Rappers, Rockers all of them are nothing but a bunch of role playing wannabes. Bring it on down now.

Damn byotch dat aint no friggn moon fool, dat be a friggn space station byotch.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Avril Lavigne, last I heard of her was two years ago..

• DabbleDabble Member Posts: 1,043

Originally she was going to be a country star.  But her handlers decided to be a punk type.

She is manufactured, tested and approved by comittee. 

"she has an exceptional STUDIO voice"

Haha. You mean she's got a great voice after being cleaned an optimized by a copmuter

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835

Originally posted by Khuzarrz

I wish people would be given music to listen to without being told who listen to it lol.

Avril=Not talented, not pretty and her agents made her the punk wannabe. You could play a song by her and not tell me who it is and I'd still say it sucky wannabe teenage angst.

I wish people would listen to music that steps outside of the box, instead of being told what to listen to by clear channel.

• HAMMERS38HAMMERS38 Member Posts: 248

A wannabe metalhead?  I don't know about that, but I think she wishes her life would be worse than it is, so she could write more crappy music about how much her life sucks.
    Poor me, I have millions of dollars and financial security for the rest of my life, I can't find anything to write songs about except for how much life is unfair.

Except that 95% of her songs were written before she'd even performed live... Good job on that one... Find a new reason please :)

She makes good music, she has an exceptional STUDIO voice (live, she sucks... badly... REALLY badly...) and her songs mean something more than "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I WANT TO BURN CHURCHES DOWN!!!!!!!!!", so blatently she's not trying to be metal. I wish people would be given music to listen to without being told who listen to it lol. I played most people in my school Why by Avril Lavigne, which is a beautiful acoustic song that I've performed more times than I can count. Noone recognised her voice in it, everyone loved it... And then I threw in the fact that it was Avril Lavigne... Cue swift retractions... Stupid haters...

not all metal is about burning churches down dude, leave that to the the black metallers

Originally posted by BlazinBlades

what do you think ?

I do not know if you have noticed but every one in the music industry Rappers, Rockers all of them are nothing but a bunch of role playing wannabes. Bring it on down now.

define wanabee.......here are a few bands that have made it and certainly do not fall into that category.

metallica, aerosmith, megadeth, machine head...the list goes on.

check what you write before you post

Originally posted by Dabble

Originally she was going to be a country star.  But her handlers decided to be a punk type.
    She is manufactured, tested and approved by comittee. 

now shes married to that ugly dude out of sum 42. shes got nothing to worry about

A wannabe metalhead?  I don't know about that, but I think she wishes her life would be worse than it is, so she could write more crappy music about how much her life sucks. Poor me, I have millions of dollars and financial security for the rest of my life, I can't find anything to write songs about except for how much life is unfair.

not all metal is about burning churches down dude, leave that to the the black metallers

I know that mate, I've played in more metal bands than I care to remember, and covered more metal songs than I have songs on my computer. It was just an example ;) Find me an emotional metal song and I'll find you an America that ISN'T overrought with corruption :P

*YAY I got politics into this*

Originally posted by qotsa

I wish people would be given music to listen to without being told who listen to it lol.
    Avril=Not talented, not pretty and her agents made her the punk wannabe. You could play a song by her and not tell me who it is and I'd still say it sucky wannabe teenage angst.

I wish people would listen to music that steps outside of the box, instead of being told what to listen to by clear channel.

I tend to stay the hell away from the mainstream, as I despise it. I was caught out by the song 'Why' when my best friend sung it to me - the lyrics appealed to me so I asked to hear the original. I liked that so I asked for it on a CD. She handed me an Avril Lavigne CD... Teenage angst or not, she can still sing.

Originally posted by Jackcolt
    "she has an exceptional STUDIO voice"

Haha. You mean she's got a great voice after being cleaned an optimized by a copmuter

Find me a guitarist or a drummer in mainstream that doesn't rely on EQ and optimisers to perfect their sound. Sure she uses that, but no more than anything else. Her voice is just as clean live as it is in the studio, she however loses the music when put in a live setting due to excitement more than anything else. If you listen to the recordings of one of her gigs, the first song will be mediocre, as her voice will be warming up and she'll spend half of the song warming up the crowd. The next 3 songs will be brilliantly sung. At that point fatigue/excitement will combine and she'll occassionally miss a key change, eventually dropping by semi-tones for entire chorus towards the end of her set. She can sing, she proved that on Blue Peter (No computer optimisation or anything), she just isn't as much of a performer as some others. It happens with a lot of truely amazing performers. If I listed the drummers I know, you wouldn't know a vast majority of them, because they've never played live with a band that they're affiliated with. They'd still be some of the best drummers in the world, they're just better at recording than they are live.

Please note, though there is such thing as a good studio performer, there is no such thing as a good live performer. What someone means when they say "I'm not a studio performer, but I can play really well live", is "I can play with a whole band in the background without ever having to listen to the sh*t I'm putting out, and noone really notices me speed up/slow down/lose time/get louder/get quieter, but if I record in a studio, I sound shit, because really I am." ^^

• kel11kel11 Member Posts: 1,089
    I'm surprised that this thread some-what delivered.

Change my mind so much I can't even trust it
    My mind change me so much I can't even trust myself

• WolfjunkieWolfjunkie Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 985

I know that mate, I've played in more metal bands than I care to remember, and covered more metal songs than I have songs on my computer. It was just an example ;) Find me an emotional metal song and I'll find you an America that ISN'T overrought with corruption :P

Well, there is tons of emotional metal songs.. Not emo, but emotional. Like, Amon Amarth - Fate of Norns.

• zakk_zakk_ Member Posts: 438
    i think she's cool,those short skirts can't be overheating her much

hey,here's a song

Metal is actually a very emotional genre. Most things are written because the writers want to express themselves in that very way, not to please others.

Anyways if you want to hear metal with emotion, just listen to some Metallica from the Black album and before.

As matter of a fact, I've never EVER heard a real metal song where they talked about burning churches.