Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESPN's Broadcast of SportsCenter is brought to you by...

World of Warcraft image... lol wtf?!!

People can hate on WOW all they want, but when a MMORPG has a sitcom make a skit about it, has a commercial,  is sponsering SportsCenter, and is still in the top 3 in PC video games(not MMORPG's but video games) sold some 2 years after its release they must have done something right...

------------------------------
You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

Comments

• mehhemmehhem Member Posts: 653
    Its fun for about 6 months.  During that time you've managed to lvl two chars, one horde, one alliance to 60....

• bizylibybizyliby Member Posts: 5
    I agree, they obviously did a lot of things right if they're getting that kind of recognition.  That South Park was hilarious!  

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    I think you make a good point. AS a video game WOW is very good, but as a MMOG it's only pretty good.
  • KnightblastKnightblast Member UncommonPosts: 1,787
    It's really the only PC game that has penetrated the popular culture in this way, to such a large degree.  It's quite extraordinary, really.

• Sin-Sin- Member Posts: 79
    Im glad it did due to the fact that it helps spread the word about gaming.  Alot of ppl that dont play video games have views that reflect negative beliefs about gaming.  These advertisements help to promote the gaming world and thus showing that gaming is a fun, creative activity.
  • BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Warcraft is great for one simple reason~ it brings the world of online gaming to a wider audience.

There are more people gaming online today then ever, and that's due largely in part to WoW.

I love this whole mainstream take. No longer are MMORPG's only played by nerdy teenage boys and college students. I'm no nerd by any means, but I have been a huge fan of MMORPG's since 99. It's kind of a way for my inner nerd to come out and play. Before it was always kind of a secret hobby, but now practically everybody I know plays some form of online game in their free time (even some girls), and it's great!

Bringing online gaming to the mainstream~ Woo! gj WoW... even if I don't play you anymore due to you being a rediculously boring raid-fest >=/

--------------------------------------

• frulaafrulaa Member Posts: 78

Yeah ... true      WoW is pretty good.

• its advertising on Cartoon Network Adult swim and Sci-fi too.  Its for the christmas rush.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441
    that pretty impressive cuz ESPN is the largest cabal network by a huge margin (its like bigger than the next few combined) so advertising on their costs big bucks